Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2011 3:42:53 PM EDT
Interesting stuff. First I heard of it...
Full article at The Telegraph:

...Secret documents reveal that the three Qatari men conducted surveillance on the targets, provided “support” to the plotters and had tickets for a flight to Washington on the eve of the atrocities.

The suspected terrorists flew from London to New York on a British Airways flight three weeks before the attacks.

They allegedly carried out surveillance at the World Trade Centre, the White House and in Virginia, the US state where the Pentagon and CIA headquarters are located....

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Not surprised.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
First I heard of it...

Possibly something to do with the documents being secret?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
First I heard of it...

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First I heard of it...

That are no longer secret, and may jeopardize the investigation.

Thanks Ass-ang.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

First I heard of it...

Thanks Ass-ang.

There's no guarantee that it was a secret to other governments.

Bringing this out in the open may or may not be a good, bad or neutral thing.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:09:55 PM EDT
[#6]
If these men were ever captured, what would they be charged with?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If these men were ever captured, what would they be charged with?

Conspiracy to commit murder?

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:41:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
First I heard of it...

Thanks Ass-ang.

Going on 10 years after the attack, I think we would have liked to have known about confirmed involvement by other persons. Classifying stuff forever in the name of national security or whatnot doesn't strike me as kosher.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:16:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Finally something that corroborates what I experienced the weekend after 9/11.  I've posted this before, but it bears repeating:

I was assigned by my agency (LE) to work the "drop off area" at terminal C at Bush IAH the weekend after the attacks (an overtime opportunity, even though my normal assignment was not at the airport).   According to wikipedia its the eighth busiest international airport terminal in NA.  Anyway,  while monitoring approaching vehicle traffic, I saw a couple of FBI Agents speaking with a Captain, Lt., and Sgt. from my agency.  After what looked like a no bullshit conversation among them, I was approached by the supervisors and told that the FBI had just raided a hotel room near the airport, and had just missed apprehending two middle eastern males believed to have disembarked in Houston when all the planes were grounded.  In the hotel room, detailed airport maps were found, leaving the feds with the impression that there was still a threat.  This was not very comforting as we were not allowed to carry our shotguns (and our agency had less than 100 officers out of over 3,000 that were authorized to carry carbines at that time).  I think I even remember seeing any National Guard troops with mags in their weapons. I was then told that if anyone attempted to run our checkpoint or disregarded our commands they were to be "put down" without hesitation.  This would have seemed like a reasonable order had I been checking credentials for vehicles entering the green zone, but being civilian LE I was taken aback by the order.  I was told that the FBI considered the threat to be legitimate based on the evidence from the raid on the hotel room, and basically that "they weren't fucking around about it."  My shift went off w/o a hitch, and I watched the 9/11 commission hearings, read the commission report, never finding any mention of this again.  Until this.  Now that I've gotten that off my chest I'm gonna go hide my dog.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top