Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2011 11:30:31 AM EDT

I walk into a gun shop today. I've been looking for a gen I glock 17 for a while. I look at all the used glocks and see a 17 with no rail and one of those fucking stupid rubber hogue grips on it. I can't tell if it's generation one or generation two. I ask the guy what generation it is and it turns out to be 2. I ask him if he has a generation one gun and of course he doesn't. I say I've been looking for one all over but I can't find them and on gunbroker they seem to be desireable as they go for almost 600 bucks with transfer and shipping.

A few minutes later some guy happpens to walk in. He says he has a couple of guns to sell. I see a sig box, and then a revolver on the counter. Then one of those tupperware glock containers comes out. Sure enough I can see a glock 17 in the box with the unmistakable generation I texture on the grip. I must have waited ten minutes pretending to be interested in guns listening in hoping that the guy selling the guns wouldn't like the price the guy at the counter gave him. Finally I couldn't take it anymore as I was running late on time and left. I'm going to go back tommorow and see if the guy sold it. Problem is that the gun shop owner knows I want that gun and thanks to me how much they are worth.

I probably should have just walked over and offered the guy 450 for the gun as I know the shop will rob him. Who cares if I get banned from the store.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#1]
What is so special about the Gen 1's?  I currently have a Gen 3 G27 and have no desire to get the Gen 4.  I'm only asking because I don't really keep up with the gens.  Why would you want a Gen 1?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:34:45 AM EDT
[#2]
You are fine. When you go back tommorrow, ask what he wants for the gun. If he says anything over $450 bucks, look at him and say " what, you think this is gun broker?"

He probably bought the gun knowing you would be back. walk in the door with the feeling that you are in power, as he just wrapped up however much cash he did, for an almost gauranteed sale from you.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

What is so special about the Gen 1's? I currently have a Gen 3 G27 and have no desire to get the Gen 4. I'm only asking because I don't really keep up with the gens. Why would you want a Gen 1?
I like the grip for some reason it feels nicer to me than all the other gen glock 17s.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm almost afraid to go back in. It's Long Island everything is marked up just because.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Should have just told the guy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:17:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Why does perfection have to have so many generations?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

owned

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I didn't know they were hard to find

ETA: I just did a completed item search on gunbroker for "glock first" and there hasn't been one that sold for more than $390.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Hey, look how many design changes the 1911 went through in a 100 years...

first there was the 1911 then came the 1911A1...then uhhhh

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

owned

1911 - "Generation 1 for 100 years"
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, look how many design changes the 1911 went through in a 100 years...

first there was the 1911 then came the 1911A1...then uhhhh

Series 70, series 80.....

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I didn't know they were hard to find

ETA: I just did a completed item search on gunbroker for "glock first" and there hasn't been one that sold for more than $390.

Holly shit you are right. I was searching glock generation I and got all guns over 500. I am an idiot.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#13]
I feel your pain. I was talking to a friend and mentioned I wanted a 1st gen glock just to have. He said he had one and would sell it to me. Low and behold it was a gen 2.. which I already have
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:35:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd keep looking before I paid a crazy price.  I just can't believe they're that hard to find.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top