Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2011 10:54:19 AM EDT
Office came pre-installed on my computer, how do I get the pass code before I wipe it?I don't remember there being cd that came with a password.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:58:42 AM EDT
[#2]

It has the AIDS, not hemorrhoids

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#3]
If it's office 2007 or earlier then magic jelly bean (freeware) will find it for you. You're still going to have to find the install source though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Why do you have to wipe it?  MSE and Malwarebytes in safe mode didn't clean it?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#5]
If it came with a factory recovery CD and no serial #, you probably don't need one.

Check the bottom of the laptop for product key stickers as well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#6]
What brand of laptop is it? It may also have a recovery partition with the factory image loaded on it for restores. That would also preclude you needing the product key.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Office came pre-installed on my computer, how do I get the pass code before I wipe it?I don't remember there being cd that came with a password.

You should have a card with the serial key, otherwise you are f'd-in-tha-A.

Office COA is never on the bottom of the PC. COA is found on a piece of paper if you bought it OEM with the laptop.
Otherwise somebody it and you have to it.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You should have a card with the serial key, otherwise you are f'd-in-tha-A.

Office COA is never on the bottom of the PC. COA is found on a piece of paper if you bought it OEM with the laptop.

Otherwise somebody it and you have to it.

Yes, of course... herpderp on me.  No office stickers on the machine, just windows product key (if that).
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Would open office work?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Use your google-fu.

There are Free programs that will search your directory and pull the registration code.  I DL'ed the program at home and do not remember what it was called.  I will add it when I get home from work.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Got it figured out. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top