Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/1/2011 12:34:05 AM EDT
XDM 9mm 3.8. with the case and all the XD gear (holster, mag holster, speed loader, back straps, manuals) and two 19 round magazines. Looks like it has been fed and never cleaned. It was two toned. and with a price tag of $499.

I don't know what to do.
ETA: Factory sights.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:37:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I personally like the XD, someone will be along shortly to tell you the G19 is the greatest handgun ever.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:37:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a 1911 guy, but if the price was right I'd go with the Glock.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:38:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Glock is gone. With the story of an Officer came in and paid sticker price ($450) and walked out..
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:39:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Go with the Glock. Far more proven and reliable. Personally I have seen problems with every single version of the XD.

EZ
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:40:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This.
The XDs just don't fit my hand.

1911 > M&P > Cz > Glock > Xd in fitting my grip.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:44:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Lots of safeties high bore line and blingy sexy.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:49:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock is gone. With the story of an Officer came in and paid sticker price ($450) and walked out..

Skunk?

LE/.mil price of a new 19 is way below $450. The "officer" must have been ill-informed. But, a pawn shop would never lie.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:49:58 AM EDT
[#8]
i shot and XD for the first time the other day.  i was pretty impressed.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#9]
The G19 is the greatest handgun ever.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:53:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn guys, you're slipping. Get both!
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 12:56:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Glock
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:18:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't understand the XD 3.8. All the disadvantages of a full size with all the disadvantages of a sub compact.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:21:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I would like to at least hold a XDm 3.8 just to see how it feels. I love my XD's, and this looks like it would be a nice little gun for CC.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:30:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Go with the Glock. Far more proven and reliable. Personally I have seen problems with every single version of the XD.

EZ

How so? I have had (sold to pay bills) an XD40 Service, XD45 Compact Service and XD45 Compact Tactical

Shot prob 2k rounds out of the XD40 and not one hiccup
Shot prob 750-1k in each of the XDs and never a hiccup.

I have a G23 and shot 1k rounds out and no hiccup.

Honestly think that if the XD came out at the same time as Glock, it would
be revered just as highly as the Glock if not more.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:42:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Owner of a XD .45 here and I couldn't be happier. Almost 3k plus rounds down the pipe and never a problem at all. No hiccups, no FTE, no nothing period. It's my daily carry piece and if it's not on my hip, it's in my laptop bag everytime I walk out the door. ymmv
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:12:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

EZ

How so? I have had (sold to pay bills) an XD40 Service, XD45 Compact Service and XD45 Compact Tactical

Well I had an XD40 and three others had them in the academy with me.  During range week, all four of us had sticking mags, rust speckling on the grip saftey and slide, failure to feeds, and most disturbingly light strikes on primers.  All of us got rid of our XD's in field training.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:34:59 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a Glock 19. That said I had an XD 9mm sub compact that was an awesome little pistol. No failures of any kind and It was an accurate little pistol. I would compare it to the Glock. I just always thought the xd's had cheesy magazines. The gun was great though.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:38:20 AM EDT
[#18]
meh
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:50:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

EZ

You mean the same gun that can't make it even one 8 hour class outdoors without constantly going OOB, double feeding, not dropping mags, etc while my Glock had dirt inside the gun and mags and ran fine along with a 92Fs and a bunch of M&Ps?

The XD was fine until we actually started doing more than stand in place, after seeing more than one perform badly I'd never own one.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:26:33 AM EDT
[#20]
20rd capacity is pretty cool
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:39:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The G19 is the greatest handgun ever.

Ed stole my line, but luckily it bears repeating.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:40:02 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

EZ

You care to back that BS statement up?

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:50:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

EZ

He's going to mention one time he knew someone who knew someone who had one, and it had a FTF with bubba reloaded ammo.  

Seriously the XD guys don't hate on the glocks the second someone mentions them, but mention an XD and there's sharks in the water instantly.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:52:02 AM EDT
[#24]
For me the SCXD is the easiest to carry and shoot. I shoot better with the XD than a Glock. I still love mty 1911s but they live in the safe now.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:53:57 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm not a fan of the high bore axis on the XD line. For me the M&P is a much sweeter shooting pistol with the Glock falling somewhere in the middle.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:58:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EZ

Well I had an XD40 and three others had them in the academy with me.  During range week, all four of us had sticking mags, rust speckling on the grip saftey and slide, failure to feeds, and most disturbingly light strikes on primers.  All of us got rid of our XD's in field training.

You mean rust like on this Glock? http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1144287

My XDsc has been rust free for over 2 years daily CC.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:03:55 AM EDT
[#27]
I like my XDm 9mm 4.5", but if you leave a magazine loaded for a long period of time it will weaken the spring enough to not lock the slide open on the last round. I don't have that problem with my Glock.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:05:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

EZ

Sure will.

Best friend got an XD9 tutone when he got back from Iraq. The gun was plagued with light strikes and FTE's no matter what ammo was used. The same ammo worked fine in a CZ and HK. Gun didn't work right until the day it was stolen (he is now happy with a G17)

Other friend bought an XD45 full size. FTF, FTX, FTE. Multiple shooters had the same problem with it. He dumped it at a gunshow and is now happy with an HK45.

In the academy a kid had a brand new XD40 tactical. Magazine failures topped with FTX, with a final dose of premature rust sent him to the Sig camp after a week. The range staff were amazed when the pistol made it through one mag without choking.

Former coworker bought an XDM40. During quals the gun locked up on a live round but was not all the way in battery. None of us could rack the slide back, or force it into battery. Ended up having to beat the slide against a 2x4 to get it open. The round went into a case gauge just fine. The rest of the .40's that day (Glock, Beretta, Sig, Ruger) ate the ammo just fine.

Former coworker and XD45. Light strikes nearly every mag. He is a blithering idiot and still carries it.

Former coworker and XD9SC. When it wants to eject the empties hit you in the face.

Come to think of it, one former coworker had an XDM9 that worked fine for the 30 rounds I saw him shoot through it. I attributed this to the "Broken clock is right twice a day" phenomena.

Thats all that I can think of right now. I just have never seen a gun choke more and not do what it is supposed to more than
an XD. Well, except for the Sig Mosquito.

EZ
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:06:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean rust like on this Glock? http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1144287

For the record, I'm not a hater.  The G19 comment was a joke.  But criticizing Glocks because an aftermarket slide rusted is BS.

Edited to fix my fucked up quote fu.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:14:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Personally I don't care for the trigger on the XD. (but the 19 round capacity is alluring)

Of the striker/plastic type pistols, I think I prefer the MP more than the rest.

But 1911 is the king of them all for me.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:17:39 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the record, I'm not a hater.  The G19 comment was a joke.  But criticizing Glocks because an aftermarket slide rusted is BS.

He replaced the factory slide because it rusted out on him, then the aftermarket one rusted ... did you even read it???

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:19:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EZ

Sure will.

Best friend got an XD9 tutone when he got back from Iraq. The gun was plagued with light strikes and FTE's no matter what ammo was used. The same ammo worked fine in a CZ and HK. Gun didn't work right until the day it was stolen (he is now happy with a G17)

Other friend bought an XD45 full size. FTF, FTX, FTE. Multiple shooters had the same problem with it. He dumped it at a gunshow and is now happy with an HK45.

In the academy a kid had a brand new XD40 tactical. Magazine failures topped with FTX, with a final dose of premature rust sent him to the Sig camp after a week. The range staff were amazed when the pistol made it through one mag without choking.

Former coworker bought an XDM40. During quals the gun locked up on a live round but was not all the way in battery. None of us could rack the slide back, or force it into battery. Ended up having to beat the slide against a 2x4 to get it open. The round went into a case gauge just fine. The rest of the .40's that day (Glock, Beretta, Sig, Ruger) ate the ammo just fine.

Former coworker and XD45. Light strikes nearly every mag. He is a blithering idiot and still carries it.

Former coworker and XD9SC. When it wants to eject the empties hit you in the face.

Come to think of it, one former coworker had an XDM9 that worked fine for the 30 rounds I saw him shoot through it. I attributed this to the "Broken clock is right twice a day" phenomena.

Thats all that I can think of right now. I just have never seen a gun choke more and not do what it is supposed to more than

EZ

You know, I have seen the same things said about Glocks... What does that prove???

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:20:35 AM EDT
[#33]
I have both a Glock and XD.  I want to like the Glock better...the name, the reputation, it's trendy....but the  XD just fits my hand better, and I can shooter straighter, on target and with less effort.   But I really want to like the Glock better it just doesn't fit me as naturally...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:22:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like both guns, but I keep hearing this "high bore axis" statement.  Seems like the new catch phrase, and while I don't doubt it doesn't have some effect on shooting,I also think that if people actually learned to shoot thier guns instead of watch Magpul videos or read gun magazines, it wouldn't be an issue.

It would be interesting if somebody posted the dimensions of the bore over axis of all the different handguns such as Sig, Glock, 1911, Hi Power etc

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:22:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't understand the XD 3.8. All the disadvantages of a full size with all the disadvantages of a sub compact.

This is true. Springfield will make money on them, which is what they're supposed to do, but they don't make much sense.

However, $499 is a pretty fair asking price for that setup. If the OP can get it for, say, $450 I think it would be tempting.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:25:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

EZ

Sure will.

EZ

OUCH.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:26:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

EZ

Sure will.

EZ

You know, I have seen the same things said about Glocks... What does that prove???

Ummm, no you haven't.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:26:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

He replaced the factory slide because it rusted out on him, then the aftermarket one rusted ... did you even read it???

My bad, I just looked at the pictures and missed the stock slide.  
But to be fair, Popnfresh apparently has xenomorph sweat.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:32:26 AM EDT
[#39]
So if you have xenomorph sweat that gives you a pass because it rusted your Glock? But not if it rusted your XD?

I've got rust on my stainless steel T/C encore from the day I bought it.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:37:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

EZ

What kind of problems?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:38:26 AM EDT
[#41]
The XD is the only pistol that actually makes a Glock look kinda' pretty....
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:40:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

EZ

Sure will.

EZ

Strange.  I had an XD9 for a while, put about 1000 rounds through it and had none of these problems.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:41:42 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Personally I don't care for the trigger on the XD. (but the 19 round capacity is alluring)

Of the striker/plastic type pistols, I think I prefer the MP more than the rest.

But 1911 is the king of them all for me.

YMMV.

I didn't like the trigger either. A Springer Precision trigger kit fixed that.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:42:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

EZ

What kind of problems?

Ummmmmm....Joking right?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:45:37 AM EDT
[#45]
The G19 is easily the most versatile handgun on the market.  I love mine.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:47:19 AM EDT
[#46]
1911 > XD > glock.

Edit:  I've owned 7 XDs(9, 40, 45 in various colors and sizes), not a single problem with any of them.  The XD-45 service is by far my favorite.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:52:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

EZ

Sure will.

EZ

Strange.  I had an XD9 for a while, put about 1000 rounds through it and had none of these problems.

I have both the Glock and the XD9 and have about the same amount of rounds through both.  NO problems with either.  Love them both but my go to gun would be the Glock..  Only cause it feels better to me and that is all.  I would not hesitate to take the XD into a SHTF scenario!  

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:53:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

EZ

Sounds to me like you guys need to clean your shit up after you're done.

I've got an xd40 and xd45.  In two years and probably 5000 rnds, I've not had one problem with either.  I'd like to know just where these people that are seeing "every single XD ever made" have problems are shooting.  There is something wrong with these stories.  S/A would surely be doing something about all these problems.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:03:27 AM EDT
[#49]
XD45 owner here over5 years and a couple thousand rounds not a single issue. I would buy that pistol for 499.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 5:14:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So if you have xenomorph sweat that gives you a pass because it rusted your Glock? But not if it rusted your XD?

I've got rust on my stainless steel T/C encore from the day I bought it.

No.  I have a feeling xenomorph sweat would corrode an XD as well, but that's not really the point of this internet pissing match.
If you have a pistol with a couple thousand rounds of various types of ammo with no malfunctions and you LIKE it, then fuck the haters.  That's a position well known to us Glock .40 owners.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top