Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 7:20:34 AM EDT
I know this has been mentioned a few other times. But the ATF really can get under my skin. During their current proposed study on shotguns these features are what they want or will ban from shotguns.

(1) Folding, telescoping, or collapsible stocks;
(2) bayonet lugs;
(3) flash suppressors;
(4) magazines over 5 rounds, or a drum magazine;
(5) grenade-launcher mounts;
(6) integrated rail systems (other than on top of the receiver or barrel);
(7) light enhancing devices;
(8) excessive weight (greater than 10 pounds for 12 gauge or smaller);
(9) excessive bulk (greater than 3 inches in width and/or greater than 4 inches in depth);
(10) forward pistol grips or other protruding parts designed or used for gripping the
shotgun with the shooter’s extended hand

ATF definition of "sprorting purposes" the working group recognized hunting and other more generally recognized or formalized competitive events
similar to the traditional shooting sports of trap, skeet, and clays.

I haven't seen anything mentioned its our right for self defense. Just because the ATF does some study they try to legitmize all their future actions.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#1]
That list is full

also, dupe
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:25:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Get familiar with the GCA of '68.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:27:29 AM EDT
[#3]
They've never been to a three gun sporting event then....

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#4]
A congresslady gets shot with a Glock and the ATF starts a study on banning Russian shotguns

The ATF is fucking stupid
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:34:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Holy shit that's a lot of shells.... must be just a tad uncomfortable
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:39:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Holy shit that's a lot of shells.... must be just a tad uncomfortable

That is over three pounds of lead there.   Question is if it was bird-shot could that solve the "bird-shot for home defense question"?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#7]
That has to be one of the most fucked up lists I have ever seen. What does weight or size limits have to do with anything, it seems the larger and heavier would be what they would want.

I dam well remember the 90s with the ATF under clinton, I hate to think that this will be the same ruling on other types of firearms.  If its a ruling then they get to bypass congress, which everyone knows that is the only trick up obamas sleeve that he has left right now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:45:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Well at least they didn't mention belt fed SG.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:46:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
A congresslady gets shot with a Glock and the ATF starts a study on banning Russian shotguns

The ATF is fucking stupid

I'm sure this was in the works long before the AZ shooting
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#10]
This is definitely way out of line.  I urge everyone to take advantage of the comments period and give them a piece of your mind.  Be polite but also be very clear that this is not going to be accepted.  And for God's sake, no threats.  

BATFE is really out of whack with this crap but I gotta wonder if this is part of Zero's push on guns.  And if so, what's next?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They've never been to a three gun sporting event then....

Read the "study".  They go into USPSA/IPSC and 3 Gun sports and decide to disregard them.
They disregard 3 gun because they say that they would need to evaluate ALL 3 GUNs or some crap like that and not just shotguns.

The study will make your head explode.  Of course, the entire idea of "sporting" is pointlessly stupid, so a "study" of said pointlessness is a divide-by-zero type of epic stupidity.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:00:47 AM EDT
[#12]

gov doesn't have a good track history of not regulating things they dont understand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top