Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 4:36:34 AM EDT
http://www.randycain.com/

After 25+ years of shooting with no "formal" training, I've decided to cough up some dough and go to a real class.  Supposedly this guy is one of the best.  Going to start with Handgun 101 and possibly go on to Carbine stuff.

I never thought I'd spend the money to do this - always thought my self-taught skills were just fine, but now I'm not quite so sure.  Should be interesting.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:48:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Ask in the training forum. Less retards, more people that have actually learned something from different instructors.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:02:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Second the suggestion to hit the Training Forum, but I'll also say that Randy is, in fact, one of the best instructors out there. I've taken several classes with Randy over the last 10 years, and he is great, whether you are a new shooter with no training, or an advanced shooter looking to hone your skills.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:05:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:13:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I have taken a few of his courses. I think you'll like him, he's an excellent instructor.

Where is the course? Southern Exposure?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:14:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I have attended one of Mr. Cain's Handgun 101 classes and I highly recommend him.  I have taken classes from a few trainers and found Mr. Cain to be a good instructor and outstanding diagnostician of what his students are doing wrong.  Unless you already hit the bull every time he will improve your shooting.

The Handgun 101 class focused on marksmanship, self defense theory and mindset, and basic gun handling (drawstroke, manipulation, failure drills, etc.).

I will offer one warning if you attend his classes at Southern Exposure in Lakeland: the summer weather can be brutal when temperature and humidity both near 100. Be prepared with lots of water, sunblock, and appropriate clothing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top