Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2002 11:09:16 PM EDT
"Crandall said bullets from the banned guns can go through three people at a time, all wearing bulletproof vests."

[url]http://www.bayarea.com/mld/bayarea/3173180.htm[/url]

Needless to say, the writer AND 'Crandall' smoke crack!

[smoke]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
If they would just send me those evil assault weapons I would gladly see to their proper disposition.

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah and they talk about the 25 assault weapons and shtoguns. Then they break it down, 16 Ca. legal AW's (whatever those are) 3 banned AW's and 6 shotguns. whoop-de-do.

Can shoot through 3 people all waering vests, I'd like to see how that was tested.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
"Crandall said bullets from the banned guns can go through three people at a time, all wearing bulletproof vests."
[smoke]
View Quote

close range .50bmg??
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess that he's not talking about bulletproof vests.  If he were, then by definition, bullets couldn't penetrate.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:43:00 PM EDT
[#5]
What? No 2,000 round "arsenal" of ammunition to go with the rifles?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:13:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Where the hell can I buy some of those bullets.

Bullets that go through bulletproof vests... good catch IMHO.

I'm going to assume the same bullets fired from a non-banned gun will only penetrate two people wearing bullet proof vests.

A bay area pot bust.  LOL... They sure as hell don't want to piss off the people by saying that it's the dope that's bad.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:18:21 AM EDT
[#7]
What a bunch of stupid media whores!

a Fremont business that sells performance products for street racing and high-end vehicles.
View Quote

Uh, guess there's no chance the parts could be used in sanctioned racing events?

I don't think the marajuana charge will stick.  He could claim he was growing it for medicinal purposes or some shit like that.

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:19:13 AM EDT
[#8]
yes, what kind of bullets are best for going through vests?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:19:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Where the hell can I buy some of those bullets.
View Quote

!In the land of KALIFORNICATION!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:25:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey - y'all need to shut up! [:(!]

This information came from Agent Gregg Crandall, with the weapons division of the Southern Alameda County Gang Violence Suppression Task Force!!!!!

If anyone knows about weapons performance, it's Agent Crandall!!!

Sad part is.... the sheeple in the Bay are lapping this misinformation up like dogs. [V]

Keep praying for that big quake....
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Sent the following to Lisa Fernandez, the author of the story - gonna send it to the Alameda PD too.

Here are their addresses:

[email protected]

[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 3:39 AM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: Weapons seen as part of scheme

You need to find a better source for your firearms information.  Agent Gregg Crandall, with the weapons division of the Southern Alameda County Gang Violence Suppression Task Force obviously doesn't have any idea what he's talking about when he states "Crandall said bullets from the banned guns can go through three people at a time, all wearing bulletproof vests".  

Your average deer rifle fires more powerful cartridges than ANY "assault rifle".

BTW - The term "assault rifle" was missused too unless these were machine guns.  I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that they weren't.

Thanks for your time.

Tate Strickland
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:40:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if you will get s response to that email.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:48:37 AM EDT
[#13]
[img]http://www.sfpride.org/photomedia/images/lo_8.jpg[/img]

Of course I'll get a reply, ssssssilly!!!

San Fran is renowned for its firearms community!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:49:28 AM EDT
[#14]
see if she'll tell you if she knows of any bullets that go through vests?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:52:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I wonder if you will get s response to that email.
View Quote

Probably,... It'll go something like this...

"Mr Strickland Sir,
We have the utmost faith in the knowledge and abilities of Agent Craig Crandall.  You obviously have some problem with authority and are some sort of gun-nut to side with those NRA militants.  We happen to know that guns are bad.  Guns kill people.  People without guns would not and could not possibly harm each other.  

My advise to you is to smoke a joint, relax and think as we do.  

Sincerly
Heads up ass"

Well, that's the way the form letters usually sound to me.

BTW... good work Tate, but I fear the ears will be deaf.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:56:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Those dudes dont have vests! I wonder how many of them will the bullets go through?
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:14:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Tate,

She'll duck responsibility by saying Crandall said it, not I, tell him. It doesn't matter to her if the statement is true, just that he is quoted correctly.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 5:31:05 AM EDT
[#18]
This is probably the funniest thread I have read here.

You should all be proud...er I mean ashamed...

That picture of gay pride is... funny, funny stuff.

On behalf of my fellow heterosexuals I would apologize to the Pink Pistols in the audience... for our lack of sensitivity... and because our guns are black... and because we don't usually pull chariots like you do...
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:40:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Come on guys, we all know that a cartridge's killing power is magnified by factors of 10 or more as soon as it is chambered in one of the instruments of death and destruction.  Why just the other day, I was able to completely destroy the local Wal Mart with a 30 rd. mag fired from my AR.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:57:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Uh Uh, Guns are bad mmmkay.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:03:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:19:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have doubts about Agent Crandalls knowledge, but if the weapon in question was an AR-15, I'd hate to be that third person.
View Quote

Person #3 should be fairly safe, but I'd hate to be the [b]FIRST[/b] person!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

[url]http://www.bayarea.com/mld/bayarea/3173180.htm[/url]

Needless to say, the writer AND 'Crandall' smoke crack![smoke]
View Quote

[b]MORONS![/b]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#24]
I guess that he's not talking about bulletproof vests.
View Quote

Probably talking about skinny guys wearing black leather vests.z
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#25]
[b]Tate

Your average deer rifle fires more powerful cartridges than ANY "assault rifle".[/b]

This would be funny, but they have already started down this road by introducing "bans on sniper rifles", and remember they went after "assault rifles" the same way.

How many thought that would ever pass back then.

It was defeated three times before that passed it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What? No 2,000 round "arsenal" of ammunition to go with the rifles?
View Quote

[size=3]GEEZ!!! [/size=3]
of course no "[red]2,000 round "arsenal" of ammunition [/red]"

they where only testing..
not going out to arrest a guy that had a taillight out..

I swear some people...

[}:D]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:45:00 PM EDT
[#27]
My e-mail to her

Ms. Fernandez,
    I just read your online article an BayArea.com about the Vietnamese immigrants caught with assault rifles.  I must point out that unless these weapons are capable of firing more than one shot per trigger pull, they are not assault rifles.  The Clinton administration and several states, including California, have incorrectly deemed semi-automatic (one trigger pull, one shot) AR15 and AK47 rifles, as well as others, as assault rifles in a fear oriented campaign to succeed in their desire to disarm the American public.

The part that really amazed me was this statement by Agent Gregg Crandall:

That is an absolute fabrication, again more disinformation to create more fear in the uniformed.  No such rifle exists, nor does any rifle ammunition exist that will do this.  It is absolutely unforgivable for law enforcement personnel to make a blatantly false statement, especially for no other reason to create false fears in the public.  Most gun control advocates statements about the number of fatal gunshot incidents and what guns will do are unfounded lies, again designed to instill fear in those that don't know the facts.  

I understand that you are just reporting the statement made by the agent and it is not necessarily your own view.  I just wanted to point out the irresponsible statement made by this agent.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#28]
WOW,
Very well laid out...

no name calling, no " your stupdi!!"

just clear reasons why you feel she is wrong..  I like ..

edited to add ***************

[b]Now I know where all the soccer moms get their intell[/b]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#29]
How about:

Dear Agent Crandell,

I read with concern the Mercury News article reporting your recovery of banned guns whose bullets can go through three people at a time, all wearing bulletproof vests.

As a citizen I would like to be on the lookout for such guns; and so I am writing to request more information on the recovered guns, including their manufacturers and models.

Sincerely...

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Maybe the rifle was a Boys or a 20 mm Lahti.

Man, is the sh1t ever going to hit the fan if they ever raid MY house.

[peep]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#31]
They sold "street racing equipment." WTF is street racing equipment? Fu**ing idiots!!! That cop is a dumb ass.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#32]
"In all, police recovered 25 assault rifles, some from Germany and Russia. Nineteen were long rifles, and three have been banned in California. Crandall said bullets from the banned guns can go through three people at a time, all wearing bulletproof vests."

When will we stop the importation of these evil assault weapons that can shoot through 3 people wearing bullet proof vests? LOL Maybe it was a .50.

You know the hard part is getting three targets to line-up went you pull the trigger.

Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:45:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
 WTF IS THIS?? [whacko]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't think the cop was doing it to instill fear in the community.  Rather, I think that said "agent" simply wants to make his otherwise unspectacular look like something super-special that he should get a medal and a promotion for.  Or, like most cops he is completely incapable of discerning a real gun from a water pistol and incorrectly categorized the weapons because of his own ignorance.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 10:46:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Crandall  = [img]pweb.netcom.com/~mattja/pics/butthead.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Hmmm...3 bodies at once? He might have been carrying a BFG from the old Doom games. [rail]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 6:18:35 AM EDT
[#37]
I suspect the Vietnamese immigrants had the A-10 30mm cannon in their car.  I believe it will penetrate 3 people in bulletproof vests.  This can be the only explanation, as Agent Cranberry would surely not mislead the public. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I don't think the cop was doing it to instill fear in the community.  Rather, I think that said "agent" simply wants to make his otherwise unspectacular look like something super-special that he should get a medal and a promotion for.  Or, like most cops he is completely incapable of discerning a real gun from a water pistol and incorrectly categorized the weapons because of his own ignorance.
View Quote
Well, in this case you are wrong.  That is EXACTLY why all the gun control idiots say what they do, to instill fear in the uneducated.  He probably is ignorant, as are all gun control fanatics.  It is the blind leading the blind, but the leaders know they don't know anything, but know that there babblings will instill fear.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

And if everyone claps, tinkerbell won't die,,,

Jay
[img]http://www.commspeed.net/jmurray/images/iroc-cop.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Hey guys - I figured out what kind of guns they're talking about.  Read that quote very carefully - it doesn't say anything about going through the vest, or even a thick part of any of the three people.  

Your mom's sewing needle 'goes through' little bits of skin - say fingers or eyelids or whatever - on three people wearing bullet proof vests, without even a need for thimbles.  Hence, the assault rifle mentioned in the article is clearly one of the infamous 'needle guns' so deadly that even criminals don't make 'em anymore.

On second thought, considering the kind of verbal gymnastics used in that forlorn bit of propaganda that seemingly passes for news in some places, the gun could be anything upwards of a super soaker.

Link Posted: 5/4/2002 10:20:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/6/2002 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Credit where credit is due - Officer Suth with Alameda PD took the time to give me a civil and informative reply.

I thanked him for his time and effort and wished him safety.

Now to send my letter to the Sherriff's Office...

Here was the reply I got:

Mr. Strickland,

I got this message that was sent to our department based on a San Jose Mercury Article.  I think you may have been trying to get in touch with the Alameda County Sherriffs Office.  There web site address is [url]http://www.co.alameda.ca.us/sheriff/[/url].  

You sent your e-mail to the Alameda Police Department.  You should be able to locate a phone number for the gang task force there, or at least someone at that could connect you.

Officer J.Suth #69
Alameda Police Department

brouhaha - not flak type vests - the officer said "bullet proof" - that means "armor plates" to me - I don't think the .338 Lapua could make it comletely through contestant #1 if wearing front & rear plates - but what do I know - definitely not through contestant #3 - again - what do I know  [:I]

mattja - good lord, that's funny!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top