Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2002 7:36:12 PM EDT
I have windows xp professional and when I open the task manager all I get is a graph the shows the CPU usage and CPU usage history. How do I get it back to its default setting? I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?? This thing is driving me crazy, i cant shut down useless applications with it stuck on the cpu usage graph.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
there are no tabs. its just a grey box with two graphs. the top of the graph on the left says "cpu usage"  and the one on the left says "cpu usage history".
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#4]
the one on the right says "cpu usage history", sorry
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you logged in with administrative rights?
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have windows xp professional and when I open the task manager all I get is a graph the shows the CPU usage and CPU usage history. How do I get it back to its default setting? I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works.
View Quote

If this doesn't work [url]http://www.wown.info/j_helmig/wxptskmg.htm[/url] email me in the morning & I'll do my best to help you.  As Guzzler says, make sure your login rights are correct.

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I got it. apparently I had double clicked the top border of the graph which set it in "tiny footprint mode".  Was a simple matter of double clicking the same border to set it back to default. Thanks for the help guys, its appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Aaa found it!

[url=http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314227]Q314227[/url]

SYMPTOMS
The menu bar and tabs may not be visible in Task Manager.

CAUSE
This behavior may occur if Task Manager is running in Tiny Footprint mode. If you double-click the empty space in the border around the tabs, Task Manager switches to this mode.

RESOLUTION
To switch Task Manager to its typical display mode, double-click the top border of the window.

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got it. apparently I had double clicked the top border of the graph which set it in "tiny footprint mode".  Was a simple matter of double clicking the same border to set it back to default. Thanks for the help guys, its appreciated.
View Quote

Damn, I was just a little slow on finding it for ya. Oh well.

Have fun, compute safe. Hope you don't mind Mickysoft watching over your shoulder.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I posted over at the sigforum as well as here, they beat you to it by about 5 minutes, but I do aprecciate the effort.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#11]
micro$oft can look over my shoulder all they want. And if they catch me [:D] ill just switch back to linux or windows 98.
Top Top