Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2002 7:36:12 PM EDT
I have windows xp professional and when I open the task manager all I get is a graph the shows the CPU usage and CPU usage history. How do I get it back to its default setting? I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
anyone?? This thing is driving me crazy, i cant shut down useless applications with it stuck on the cpu usage graph.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:56:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
there are no tabs. its just a grey box with two graphs. the top of the graph on the left says "cpu usage"  and the one on the left says "cpu usage history".
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#4]
the one on the right says "cpu usage history", sorry
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you logged in with administrative rights?
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have windows xp professional and when I open the task manager all I get is a graph the shows the CPU usage and CPU usage history. How do I get it back to its default setting? I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works.
View Quote

If this doesn't work [url]http://www.wown.info/j_helmig/wxptskmg.htm[/url] email me in the morning & I'll do my best to help you.  As Guzzler says, make sure your login rights are correct.

-hanko
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I got it. apparently I had double clicked the top border of the graph which set it in "tiny footprint mode".  Was a simple matter of double clicking the same border to set it back to default. Thanks for the help guys, its appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Aaa found it!

[url=http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314227]Q314227[/url]

SYMPTOMS
The menu bar and tabs may not be visible in Task Manager.

CAUSE
This behavior may occur if Task Manager is running in Tiny Footprint mode. If you double-click the empty space in the border around the tabs, Task Manager switches to this mode.

RESOLUTION
To switch Task Manager to its typical display mode, double-click the top border of the window.

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got it. apparently I had double clicked the top border of the graph which set it in "tiny footprint mode".  Was a simple matter of double clicking the same border to set it back to default. Thanks for the help guys, its appreciated.
View Quote

Damn, I was just a little slow on finding it for ya. Oh well.

Have fun, compute safe. Hope you don't mind Mickysoft watching over your shoulder.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I posted over at the sigforum as well as here, they beat you to it by about 5 minutes, but I do aprecciate the effort.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#11]
micro$oft can look over my shoulder all they want. And if they catch me [:D] ill just switch back to linux or windows 98.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top