Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2002 12:21:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Let's not put a movie out with a title like "The Two Towers" (even though that's what the BOOK IT WAS TITLED.  What crap is this?!@?  I'm so sick of this PC society that has evolved.  NEWSFLASH!  The WTC was blown up 47 years AFTER THIS BOOK was written.  

[email protected] is this fool's email address.  Sheesh.

-Gloftoe
View Quote

Uhhhh, OK. Slowly step back from the computer and dunk your head 3 times in a bucket and come back up twice. [;)]

Gotta link? From what I can gleen from you rambling post([;)]), they have decided to rename the second movie of the Lord of the Rings. Well, that is pure BS! Idiots!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
wait a minute....
you cant title a movie "The Two Towers"..
Cause it might hurt someones feeling and you shouldnt do that.
but
Rosie can have a baby??!!!
THAT hurts MY feeling....

whats wrong with this picture????/
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:29:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:32:13 PM EDT
[#4]
What a f**king moron.  That's about as articulate as I can be about it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]
The title is clearly meant to refer to the attacks on the World Trade Center.
View Quote

The People at PetitionOnline said it best:

Note: The Two Towers is the title of the JRR Tolkien book originally published in 1954, as part of The Lord of the Rings trilogy: [b]47 years[/b] prior to the attacks on the World Trade Center towers. — PetitionOnline.com
View Quote

Check out some of the comments on the "signatures". I'm LMAO!!!

[url]http://www.PetitionOnline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?twotower&1[/url]

Here are some good ones:

1025. Lucas King (I'm not for it I'm just bitching):
you are the dumbest mother fucker i have EVER see online. first of all Yes, what happened on spet. 11th was aweful, I'm not deneying that. But President bush told us to get on with our lives and changing EVERYTHING that MIGHT offend someone or upset someone is not movin on, that living in fear. Second, if you even bothered to read the books and not be a fuckin poser by just seeing the movie and saying you know EVERYTHING about the trilogy you would know that it has NOTHING to do with sept. 11th...read up, do your homework and then try and peddle your fuckin idiodic idealology somewhere else!!...fucker

1024. John Handoncock Peoples: The book was named the two towers WAY befor 911 so i say you guys need to take your pussy assed heads out of your asses and think for once!!!

1016. You are a moron:
Read the book! It's called The Twin Towers. You must be the biggest idiot God ever cursed a planet with. To think that there is someone in the world who could be enough of a dumbass to think that someone would try to INTERNATIONALLY try to take advantage of such a tragedy is more sad then the fact that you actually spent some of your time to start up this idiotic petition. I would love to meet you in person someday so I can give you a good swift kick in the nuts. To hell with you and idiots like you. To Peter Jackson, you took something wondrous and made it even more special. Keep it up!

1011. T-Dub:
                                               Yo, whats up with this shit b? Two towers, what, you think Tolkien named his book, what, thinking that someday that 9/11 would happen, what, you think...YOU...yeah you who wrote this petition, what, you think you have a life,what, you think you probably are gettin fucked tonight, what, you think your special, what, hey you know what my watch is sayin besides tick tock tick tock, what, it says your PATHETIC! Go get a good fuck and then come back and tell me if you really give a shit about something as dumbass as this is. Hey fuckstick, what, I finna jizack you if this petition passes, what, yo, I finna gat you b....hey, I got an idea b, why dont we change the third sequel of the book, return of the king, because doesnt that imply the return of Jesus Christ, what, you think Tolkien was being a little sneaky bastard when he wrote that, what.what, what. what!!!! Hey Im all for danny wuerfell by the way starting for the redskins, yo, the redskins finna have twin towers (sugar shane and wuerfell) yo, peace out

and my favorite(which is a reference to the show on comedy central about talking animals):

1002. Title From 1954:

I have eight watches -- none of them are fake.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Someone start a petition to KEEP the name "The Two Towers"!  That would piss this moron off!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 1:37:04 PM EDT
[#8]
That person's mom should have swallowed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Please sign my petition. Do it for the children...

[url]http://www.petitiononline.com/TTowers1/petition.html[/url]

Scott

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Please sign my petition. Do it for the children...

[url]http://www.petitiononline.com/TTowers1/petition.html[/url]
View Quote

done [:D]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#11]
And done!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Someone already posted the "petition to ignore this petition" last night.  If anyone's started another, you should look at merging the two. . . .
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:39:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I signed DScott
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I signed!  I signed!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#16]
BRAVO TANGO TANGO

Scott

Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#17]
It was amusing to view the signatures and see a 10:1 ratio of "false entry voided" entries.

My personal favorite:  Signature number 1019 from Sam(uel L.)? Jackson: "Won't somebody think of the children?"

-Ed
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:08:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Signed the correct petition. Yessir, screw them knee jerkers.

(I think this was 1k, where is my balloon and dancing girl?)
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#19]
'[email protected]' is a known troll at [url=www.slashdot.org]Slashdot[/url].  Judging from some of the responses in this thread, he seems to be a rather effective troll, too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:21:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Err...I posted about this yesterday but no one seemed to care [>(] but anyway, there's a petition someone already started and it has about 20 times more signatures than the one you guys created:

[url]http://www.petitiononline.com/trutower/petition.html[/url]

so sign that one!
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 8:10:13 AM EDT
[#21]
[url]http://us.imdb.com/Trivia?0167261[/url]

Trivia for
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, The ; (2002)

Following the attack on the World Trade Center on 11 September 2001, and because of the similarity between the buildings' nickname, "The Twin Towers", and the movie's title, "The Two Towers", the director and producers briefly considered renaming the second movie in the trilogy. They eventually decided against it, [b]Peter Jackson's main reason being that, "fans would kill me".[/b]
View Quote

A clear cut case of self-defense. No problem here ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top