Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2002 3:39:18 AM EDT
JOHNNY CARSON BREAKS SILENCE: KNOCKS FOX FOR TOO MUCH PATRIOTISM AT SUPER BOWL; THINKS BUSH IN ENRON COVER-UP

**Exlcusive Details**

Don't look for Johnny Carson to make an appearance during NBC's 75TH Anniversary Special -- even though NBC head Bob Wright has made a personal plea.

"That ain't gonna happen," the retired Carson tells ESQUIRE magazine. "That ain't gonna happen."

Reporter Bill Zehme has been courting Carson for years and the relationship has paid off in spades: On May 8th, ESQUIRE rolls out an exhaustive exclusive interview with the press-shy Carson, running 10 pages.

Carson rips FOX for its Super Bowl red-white-and-blue coverage following 9/11: "When you look at the production -- give me a break!" Carson says. [b]"Norman Mailer said something about patriotism being a nice thing, but just ease up a bit... It's nice to live in this country, but ease up!"[/b]

Carson takes on Bush: [b]"Can you believe this Enron mess? I love how his good friend 'Kenny Boy' suddenly turned into 'Mr. Lay'... Give me a break! It will be a long time before we ever understand what's going on behind that story."[/b]

He tells Zehme that the only time he wished he was back on the air and not retired was during the Monica Lewinsky mess.

"It's John. I regret it now," Carson said to Wright in a phone call. "I haven't seen such an abundance of material in my life!"

Developing...

See article at:[url]http://www.drudgereport.com/mattjc.htm[/url]

Eric The(SuddenlyJayLenoRisesInMyEstimation)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 3:43:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Johhny who?

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Strange views from someone who professed to be such a Reagan fan. That being said i havent watched many late night talk shows since he retired.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
[b]Gopher[/b], buddy, where you been?

I haven't seen you at any of the Gun Shows lately! Come by and see us!

As a matter of fact, you may need to e-mail me if you don't have anything planned for this weekend!

Eric The([email protected])Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#4]
You can always tell when the elections are getting closer, all the Hollywood types start volunteering their commie opinions again.

Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:40:24 PM EDT
[#5]
[i]sigh[/i]
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 10:43:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know what he was like earlier on (as I wasn't born yet). But, his shows in the late 80's/early 90's just before he left weren't ever worth watching IMHO. Jay Leno does the Tonight Show a million times better than Carson did. Now, I know why...Carson is commie Rat bastard.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 2:52:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:20:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Just goes to show, who gives a crap about a celebrity's opinions (no matter how entertaining he was) on life. Puke.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Ditto M4-AK. Why anyone listens to the dancing bears in Hollywood, I'll never know. When did experience in acting turn into wisdom in political matters?
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You can always tell when the elections are getting closer, all the Hollywood types start volunteering their commie opinions again.

View Quote

Yep
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top