Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2002 3:48:18 PM EDT
2 days ago I called ATT broadband to change the cable from expanded basic to just basic at my mothers home.the person I spoke to asked why and I told her that my mother does not watch to much TV,she came right back offering a 10 dollar discount per month on cable.this would be close to 30%.Of course we took the the deal.

In my shock and stupidity I forgot to inquire about lowering my own cable bill.

So I tried today to do the same thing,suggesting that I wanted to cancel my cable and go to sattelite. the guy just gave me a lecture of how cheap per day cable was and so on.So I asked him up front can i get a lower price on cable or possibly in the future I will switch to sattelite. Well he said "no discount are available" and that was the end of our conversation.

Have you guys gotten any price reductions by threatening to cut cable and go to sattelite?????

thanks

Link Posted: 4/26/2002 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Not cable/satellite but my mom told the newspaper she was going to quit buying a subscription and they cut her bill in half for a few months (I think, possibly less but it was quite a reduction).  She does it every so often now so she gets the cheaper price.

Some places will do whatever they can to keep you.  Thats all and good, what pisses me off is that you gotta say you're going to quit the service.  Would be nice if just once in a while they gave you a lower rate out of the goodness of their heart..[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top