Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2002 1:05:25 PM EDT
[url]wwwwbs.cs.tu-berlin.de/cgi/gesetze/WaffG/short.html[/url]  German Gun laws.

Abschnitt I - Allgemeine Vorschriften
Abschnitt II - Gewerbsmäßige Waffenherstellung, Waffenhandel
Abschnitt III Prüfung und Zulassung von Handfeuerwaffen und Munition
Abschnitt IV - Einfuhr
Abschnitt V - Erwerben und Überlassen von Waffen und Munition
Abschnitt VI - Führen von Waffen
Abschnitt VII - Verbote
Abschnitt VIII - Sonstige waffenrechtliche Vorschriften
Abschnitt IX - Straf- und Bußgeldvorschriften
Abschnitt X - Übergangs- und Schlußvorschriften

Can't read it, so I don't really know which section I'm particularly interested in.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
paragraph I - General regulations
paragraph II - professional weapon production, arms traffic
paragraph III check and permission of hand-held weapons and ammunition
paragraph IV - import
paragraph V - acquiring and leaving weapons and ammunition
paragraph VI - leading weapons
paragraph VII - prohibitions
paragraph VIII - other one weapon-legal regulations
paragraph IX - punishing and legal regulations covering fines
paragraph X - transition and concluding clauses

(translated via Dictionary.com)
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  Feel like translating Paragraph III?  It's [url=wwwwbs.cs.tu-berlin.de/cgi/gesetze/WaffG/data/30956.html]here[/url]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[url]wwwwbs.cs.tu-berlin.de/cgi/gesetze/WaffG/short.html[/url]  German Gun laws.

Abschnitt I - Allgemeine Vorschriften

Part 1 - General Rules

Abschnitt II - Gewerbsmäßige Waffenherstellung, Waffenhandel

2 - Commercial manufacturing of weapons, commercial trade with weapons

Abschnitt III Prüfung und Zulassung von Handfeuerwaffen und Munition

3 - Testing and Authorizing (for commercial use and trade) of Handguns and Ammunition

Abschnitt IV - Einfuhr

4 - Import

Abschnitt V - Erwerben und Überlassen von Waffen und Munition

5 - Acquiring (purchase and otherwise) and Loaning/Borrowing/etc of Weapons and Ammunition

Abschnitt VI - Führen von Waffen

6 - Carrying Weapons

Abschnitt VII - Verbote

7 - Prohibitions

Abschnitt VIII - Sonstige waffenrechtliche Vorschriften

8 - Miscelleanous Regulations concerning weapons

Abschnitt IX - Straf- und Bußgeldvorschriften

9 - Punishments and Fines

Abschnitt X - Übergangs- und Schlußvorschriften

10 - Transitional and Final Regulations.

Anyway, today the draft for a new, tougher and tighter federal gun law has passed the Bundestag (parliament), and will be approved by the Bundesrat (federal convention of the governers of the different German states) in a few days, so if the text at the url above isn't already the new one, I wouldn't bother reading it, if I were you.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:24:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks.  Feel like translating Paragraph III?  It's [url=wwwwbs.cs.tu-berlin.de/cgi/gesetze/WaffG/data/30956.html]here[/url]
View Quote

Are you flopping nuts?
Just ask what you need to know and I'll figure it out for you, OK?
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#6]
[url=]http://babelfish.altavista.com/[/url]

A useful, though imperfect, tool for quick,  but rough, translations of words or webpages.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's the new one, approved by the Bundestag today:

[url]http://dip.bundestag.de/btd/14/077/1407758.pdf[/url]

PDF
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you flopping nuts?
Just ask what you need to know and I'll figure it out for you, OK?
View Quote
[:D]  Nah, but if I can't read it, how am I supposed to know what I want translated?

Anybody know where to find an English translation of German gun laws?  This is all I could find.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Again, KBaker:

A useful, though imperfect, tool for quick,  but rough, translations of words or webpages.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Again, KBaker:

View Quote

Imperfect is right!
Section III examination and permission of hand-held weapons and ammunition
§ 16 bombardment obligation

(1) who introduces hand-held weapons, Boeller, putting in runs or exchange runs, spends or manufactures otherwise to the area of application of this law, she let examine by bombardment officially.  

(2) who at a hand-held weapon, a putting in run or a Boeller, which are examined in accordance with paragraph 1, one after § 3 Abs.  2 NR.  1 substantial part exchanges, changed or repairs, has the hand-held weapon to let the putting in run or the Boeller examine again by bombardment officially.  Sentence 1 is not to apply to hand-held weapons, whose run without use of aids was exchanged.  

(3) hand-held weapons, Boeller, putting in runs or exchange runs may be only left others or only used for shooting, if they carry the official bombardment character.  This does not apply to leaving the articles mentioned, if the responsible authority certifies that the official examination cannot be accomplished.  

§ 17 exceptions of the bombardment obligation

(1) § 16 is not to use up

1. in § 21 designated hand-held weapons and putting in putting and into § 22 designated firearms with a cartridge or a cartouche camp up to 6 mm in diameter and length;  

2.  Hand-held weapons, those

a) for test and measuring purposes by scientific in directions, authorities as well as weapon and ammunition manufacturers to be used,

b) for the German Federal Armed Forces, the Federal Border Police, which federation customs administration or the police of the countries will leave manufactured and to them, if the firing test necessary after this law is guaranteed by the competent in each case authority,

c) before 1 January 1891 manufactured and not changed are,

d) after § 27 Abs.  2 and 3 by persons to be introduced or otherwise into the area of application of the law be spent,

3. substantial parts of hand-held weapons with exception of the putting in and exchange runs.  

(2) § 16 Abs.  1 is not to apply to hand-held weapons and runs, which are manufactured outside of the area of application of this law and carry a bombardment character recognized in the area of application of this law.  

§ 18 firing test

(1) with the bombardment it is to be examined whether

1. the substantial parts the hand-held weapon of the demand withstand, to which they are exposed when using the certified ammunition (durability),

2. the user the weapon without danger load, to close and fire knows (handling security),

3. the dimensions of the cartridge or cartouche camp, the head space, the mass of the transition, the field and course diameter or the run cross section with rifled barrels and the run inside diameters with smooth barrels the calling sizes (§ 20 NR.  1) correspond (accuracy to size) and
View Quote

About as intelligible as American gun laws, come to think of it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top