Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2002 6:43:08 PM EDT
Hi

ok... im a newbie, so if this is a stupid question, sorry.  WOuld it be leagal to put a pistol grip and stocl on a mak 90?  Its obviously a postban, but i read that in orer to be considered a preban, it had to take detachable mags and have 2 of the "deadly features".  This 1 only takes detachable mags but it doesnt have any of those fetures, so i was wondering if i could add just 1 feature, a pistol grip.  
And 1 more question, how about no stock at all and just a pistol grip?  It just passes 26 inches in length without a stock, so it wouldnt be considered a short rifle... so can this stuff be done?  

Thanks for the info
Monkey
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think you can put just a pistol stock on it.  I am pretty sure you can replace the thumbhole stock with a regular style as long as you also replace a number of other pieces.  By this I mean that since it is an import(China) the firearm must have a certain total number of US made parts to allow it to be legal with a regular stock.

Look for a guy named CampyBob on this board...he knows everything about AK's

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]
You can't just put a pistol grip on it [b]NOW![/b]

If it had been converted between the time of the import ban in 1989 and the AW ban in Sept., 1994, [b]then[/b] it would be perfectly legal in a pistol grip configuration.

Now, you will have to go the five US made parts routine.

Which ain't bad, BTW.

Eric The(AK-kinda)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:34:06 PM EDT
[#4]
ive got a MAK-90 kit for sale. i bought 3 from Tapco. my brother and i each built one with recievers from Tennessee guns. went together real easy. just had to drill 3 holes and do a little filing/fitting. nice shooters. i have no need for a 2nd. email me if interested.
Link Posted: 4/26/2002 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Being a MAK-90 means they started making them in 1990,mine was unfortionatly made in 96.  But some were post-ban,  look at the serial no it may be post ban.  Like before said champybob can tell you.   They still were made(some)really heavy stamped if not cast forged,with chromed bolts,carriers,and pistons.     Pretty good guns I wish i could have gotten used to that thumb-hole stock and not sold mine.  You want to trade it for a sar-1 with pistol grip just let me know,they are a well made gun...

bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top