Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2002 8:42:25 AM EDT
Today is Earth Day, and there is free ice cream at Ben and Jerry's.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#1]
[yawn]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#2]
If I want to hear the sky is falling, I'll get my grand daughter to read Chicken Little.  I opt for the free ice cream.

Eddie
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#3]
That seems self-defeating, doesn't it?

The more Ben and Jerry's ice cream that people eat, the fatter their asses get.  The fatter their asses get, the more weight they gain.  The more weight they gain, the heavier their SUV becomes when they place said fat ass in the driver's seat.  The heavier their SUV gets they place said fat ass in the driver's seat, the more gas it burns.  The more gas it burns, the more our ozone hole grows, polar ice gaps melt, and greenhouse gases build up .

It's a vicious circle.

Aw well.  We're doomed.

Might as well have some ice cream.

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:17:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey, I "celebrated" earthday today!!!

I went turkey hunting [:D]  [:D]  [:D]

-Brick
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#5]
cool! another holiday? bring it on! chinese new year, kwaanza, christmas, mother's day, it's just another excuse to celebrate.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Did my part.  Chopped down a tree, drove around for about 20 or 30 miles for no good reason and have the air conditioning on high.

Always glad to do what I can for Earth Day.  [;)]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#7]

I'll be sure to empty an old can of freon into the atmosphere, wash my driveway (get all that oil and rubber residue into the groundwater), drive a few extra miles (burn more oil), mow my  lawn and run it at an extra rich mix (more CO and hydrocarbons into the air), and spray Roundup weed-killer and diazinon ant-killer around my foundation. [;D]

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#8]
That remind me to mow the lawn this evening...
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:08:44 AM EDT
[#9]
How the left conned America into celebrating Lenins Birthday
Happy "watermellon" day...For those [green]green[/green] on the outside
and [red]red[/red]on the inside
Earth Day Is Lenin's Birthday Coincidence Or Communism?
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/670684/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'll be sure to empty an old can of freon into the atmosphere, wash my driveway (get all that oil and rubber residue into the groundwater), drive a few extra miles (burn more oil), mow my  lawn and run it at an extra rich mix (more CO and hydrocarbons into the air), and spray Roundup weed-killer and diazinon ant-killer around my foundation. [;D]

View Quote

We're talking about an ice cream shop, and free ice cream cones here.  The "A day in the life of" thread is elsewhere.  Go find it. . . yours is a great story.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#11]
I kinda celebrate Earth Day every day... lol

I'm not some hippie tree hugger, but I drive a ULEV car... and I'm currently averaging about 60.3 miles per gallon.  hehehe
Put a couple hundred miles on the car this weekend and only burned about 2 gallons... ha

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

We're talking about an ice cream shop, and free ice cream cones here.  The "A day in the life of" thread is elsewhere.  Go find it. . . yours is a great story.
View Quote

Gee... from the title of the thread and from your opening post, I thought it was about "Earth Day" and how some people are celebrating it.

Are you sure YOU'VE got the right thread?
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 10:33:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let's see:  This morning I sprayed VOC-compliant wood finish onto some cabinet doors, thus doing my part to contribute in some small way to "global warming".  Then, I sawed, profiled and sanded some wood panels to help keep particulate pollution levels steady.

All in all, a pretty uneventful Earth Day. [:D]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:19:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How the left conned America into celebrating Lenins Birthday
Happy "watermellon" day...For those [green]green[/green] on the outside
and [red]red[/red]on the inside
Earth Day Is Lenin's Birthday Coincidence Or Communism?
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/670684/posts[/url]
View Quote

Did any of you actually READ this? Earth Day is a scam.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:20:20 AM EDT
[#15]
BOOOO!!!!! Sucks that my birthday is on Earth Day.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:28:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did any of you actually READ this? Earth Day is a scam.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
View Quote

Geez, Aviator, next you'll be saying that global warming is just a scam to undermine capitalism.  [shock]      LOL
View Quote

I hope they don't succeed. Capitalism is one of my favorite things[^]
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#18]
"Earth First - We'll Log the other planets later"
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#19]
The problem with the earth is, I can still see some of it. We obviously don't have enough oil wells.[BD]

In the immortal words of James Dean, "just keep punchin, boys"
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 4:35:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I think I'll help out the earth by putting out several hundred lead bullets from my AR-15...
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Wow, a little announcement about free ice cream, and you guys start with this stuff?  The sweetness of a good cone might counter the sour acid from all the lemons you've been sucking.

In retrospect, I think that a better suggestion might have been a place that offers free cigarettes.

Link Posted: 4/22/2002 11:30:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I celebrated Earth Day by taking a couple of healthy dumps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top