Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2010 7:24:14 PM EDT
So, my daughter is across country and about to deploy to Patrol Forces Southwest Asia (i.e. sand box).

Her car is going to be in storage in New Jersey while gone.

She sent me her vehicle registration renewal paperwork.  Then........................

I spend not less then an hour standing in line at the DMV.  The ass clown behind the counter says "Well, why doesn't she just bring it home?"  I tell the genius that the gooberment is not going to spend the money for her to drive 3,000 miles just to drop her car off at her home of record.

Then the ass clown says, well, you don't have a smog test certificate.  I have to then travel 14 miles out to the DMV smog test facility for a waiver document.  I again wait in line, this time for 25 minutes.  After explaining what I need, I show that she got a vehicle inspection, and gave him a copy of the Maine vehicle inspection program which shows they don't do smog testing - remember, she is stationed in Maine.  OK, so I get that paperwork........  Back to the DMV and I wait 1 hour 20 minutes to get to the counter.  

So far, I have spent 2 hours and 45 minutes standing in lines - yes, I kept track......quietly seething most of this time.

I give the guy the paperwork.  He dicks around a bit and then says, he can't do it.  Why?  I ask.  He says because it's more then 3 months till her registration is due.  It's due Feb 01, 2011.  

Get this........we are talking 2 freaking days early and the ass clown won't renew the registration.  So, I ask him.  "Why didn't you tell me this, the first time I was at your window?"....................No answer.  Just the blank stupid bureaucratic stare of an idiot.

Daughter is expecting to put her car in storage on Monday, as she flies out on Tuesday.  I guess my only option is to get the stickers next month and hold on to them for a year and get them to her when she comes back to the U.S.  I hope she won't get any shit from the storage place as the registration will have expired while in storage.  Called up daughter.  She told me that the State DMV person she talked to said that she could renew early without a problem.  Either she is wrong or the DMV ass wipe is a fucking anti-military fuckstick.  I really, really wanted to pull the guy over the top of the counter and reduce him to an ink blot.

So...........To the DMV assholes, wherever you are..............Fuck the DMV!

Rant is done and...................................Fuck the DMV again!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Just wait until they are running your medical care.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just wait until they are running your medical care.

Now there's a scary thought... an ER staffed by employees with DMV attitudes...
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate that inhuman, inflexible attitude.

I also hate the "How DARE you NOT have all the laws, rules, regulations, and loopholes memorized" demeanor.

Example: I had to get a motorcycle inspected (was registered in Maine, trying to get registered in Ohio.) Took it the license bureau, got the VIN inspection, then off to the title bureau.

It's no good. License bureau guy forgot ONE letter in the middle of that big string. Title bureau won't accept it. No way, no how. It's getting close to closing time, so had to run to another license bureau, (first one was closer to where my trip started) get another inspection, then back to the title bureau. Simply didn't have time to go back to the first place and ask for a re-do.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#4]
We got the same ass-clowns in Delaware. Think they are breeding on both sides of the river.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#5]
What?  No F word?

2/10
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What?  No F word?

2/10

He was restraining himself.....................
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Eloquent, well written, concise. 7/10.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 8:30:42 PM EDT
[#8]
That is one thing that has been done OK in the PRK.  I can do most things online for the DMV, and most other things I can make an appointment for and not waste half my day.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 8:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry brother, I hate that fucking place.

Last time I went, pretty much every person in front of me couldn't speak a lick of English... that's when I knew I was fucked.

Thank God we can renew our licenses by mail now in Washington state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top