Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/26/2010 4:38:56 PM EDT
So the Boise State Broncos vs. the Denver Broncos (especially the ones who "showed-up" for Sunday's game against the Raiders)... who would win?

Good thing I root for Boise State as well as Denver. At least they don't SUCK...
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Not even I give a fuck.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Boise State plays 1 ranked team a year? They will get destroyed in a big game like Cincinnati did last year.

I dont think the best College team could beat the worst Pro team.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Boise State plays 1 ranked team a year? They will get destroyed in a big game like Cincinnati did last year.

I dont think the best College team could beat the worst Pro team.

I dunno man... some of these NFL teams make me wonder...

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Depends if Tbow is playing, Tbow starting Denver wins, other wise I am going with Boise.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#5]
according to boise fans EVERYONE is afraid to play them!
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep, in before the BSU BJ-fest
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#7]
they'd probably call it once Denver was up 70-0, assuming they didn't go for 2 every time they scored
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:14:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I just hope somehow, someway Boise State plays TCU in a bowl game. I love college bowel season. I want to sit and watch good teams battle it out. I'm tired of these small schools getting in the mix because they dont play anyone all year, and  it ruins everything. Sure maybe 1 year out of 10 you get a upset, but it just makes for boring football. Cincinnati/Flordia was the latest example.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:18:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just hope somehow, someway Boise State plays TCU in a bowl game. I love college bowel season. I want to sit and watch good teams battle it out. I'm tired of these small schools getting in the mix because they dont play anyone all year, and  it ruins everything. Sure maybe 1 year out of 10 you get a upset, but it just makes for boring football. Cincinnati/Flordia was the latest example.

you want to see TCU/Boise?  wut??

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

my money is on tcu
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, just so both small schools play each other... and not powerhouses.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

everyone in the world disagrees with you
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prove it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't even know what the fuck you're talking about, newb
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#15]

No way even the best college team could defeat the worst NFL team.  Even on their worst day.

Think about it- even the best college team has maybe 6 or 7 players who will make it to the pros.  Maybe one or two of those will be a starter.

Even the worst NFL team is made of seasoned veteran players (men vs boys) who are the BEST all the colleges across the country have to offer.

Bigger, faster, stronger, more experienced, professionals (training time), better coaches, more complex schemes, etc.

No contest.  In any way.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

No way even the best college team could defeat the worst NFL team.  Even on their worst day.

Think about it- even the best college team has maybe 6 or 7 players who will make it to the pros.  Maybe one or two of those will be a starter.

Even the worst NFL team is made of seasoned veteran players (men vs boys) who are the BEST all the colleges across the country have to offer.

Bigger, faster, stronger, more experienced, professionals (training time), better coaches, more complex schemes, etc.

No contest.  In any way.

complexity does not a game win...

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

boise has beaten all but 1 ranked team theyve played... no.. nnot good at all

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Kyle Orton would carve their defense up. The younger Boise offense would be a good match for the old pros though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:44:35 PM EDT
[#19]
NFL vs NCAA

=

Ferrari vs Honda
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Wouldn't even be close, even the worst NFL using their 2nd squad would destroy any top ranked college team hands down.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No contest.  In any way.

this
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:54:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

boise has beaten all but 1 ranked team theyve played...  

Louisville, Boston College, East Carolina, TCU, Georgia, Oregon State, Fresno State, etc....
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Boise State is winning the poll?  lol, goes to show how much you guys know about football.  Give me a break.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Boise State is winning the poll?  lol, goes to show how much you guys know about football.  Give me a break.

Delusion is a powerful drug.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Boise keeps beating big teams when they meet them, and Cincinnati is a poor example - they had injuries all over the place and the head coach and half his staff left prior to the game.

Anymore, any of the non-BCS top teams can beat any of the big conference teams on any given meeting. They're getting deeper in talent, and the bowl records are showing this. Look at TCU, Utah, Boise's records in the recent years against quality opponents.

This is all a nice way of saying you're wrong.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#26]
How the the Detroit Lions in 2008 (0 for 16) vs a very good NCAA team of your choice.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Delusion is a powerful drug.

The thread was started more as a poke at crappy NFL teams than anything. At least with college football teams, I know I'm watching most of the teams and players giving it 100% out there. But some of these NFL games are a JOKE. In fact, they're such a joke that I witness things like Denver players sitting on the sidelines and LAUGHING while they're getting their ass beat 59-14 by the FREAKIN' RAIDERS. When I see crap like that it makes me want to puke. These asshats get paid hundreds of thousands and millions of $$$ to CARE about playing and winning. Too bad they can't even do that.

As much as I hate Favre, at least I KNOW the guy is giving it everything he's got EVERY TIME he's out on the field. He makes HUGE plays and he makes HUGE mistakes. But he's ALWAYS giving it his all. Just like many college players. But many NFL guys these days just seem to be mailing it in. If I was head coach/GM/owner and saw guys laughing-off such a HORRIBLE loss, I'd send them packing YESTERDAY. Maybe driving a pizza delivery car for a while would make these idiots care again...

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Boise State is winning the poll? lol, goes to show how much you guys know about football. Give me a break.
You haven't watched Boise State play, have you?  Admit it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:34:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Boise State is winning the poll? lol, goes to show how much you guys know about football. Give me a break.

You honestly believe that Boise State or any college football team could play with and maybe even defeat even the worst nfl team?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Boise State vs Cowboys!!!

Those guys SUCK!!  
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I've never been to Idaho, is everyone there annoying?
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That's the team with the lippy kid who got knocked the fuck out when he ran his mouth, right? Yeah, they're notbad for a nobody school. To compare any NCAA team against a pro team is absurd. I think that was what the OP was trying for, but if anyone actually believes it... well, I'm going to be polite and leave it at "They don't know football."
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Boise would get rolled. Just like ANY other college team.

To think otherwise is delusional.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the team with the lippy kid who got knocked the fuck out when he ran his mouth, right? Yeah, they're notbad for a nobody school. To compare any NCAA team against a pro team is absurd. I think that was what the OP was trying for, but if anyone actually believes it... well, I'm going to be polite and leave it at "They don't know football."

You're mostly right but come off as a jackass. No one got knocked out.. sucker punched ya.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:11:43 PM EDT
[#35]
The difference in size alone between a college team and a pro team is enough for anyone to say it wouldn't be a contest. Start factoring in speed, skill levels, and strength and it becomes a pointless comparison.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#36]
I'd say the chances of Boise State winning are about like the chances of the Aggies winning the national championship this year.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prove it.

Sigh...I'll start.

I disagree with you.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#38]
As a BSU fan, I'd say it would be absurdly unlikely that they would win.

That being said, Chris Peterson's style of football would beat a lot of NFL teams.  It would also make the NFL worth watching again.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prove it.

Sigh...I'll start.

I disagree with you.

Me too.  If these "powerhouse" schools are all they are cracked up to be, come and kick our asses.  I see lots of talk, not much action.  BSU has had two ranked opponents this year, just as many as a lot of big schools.  The WAC is no SEC, but it's just as good as some of the other BCS conferences.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're mostly right but come off as a jackass. No one got knocked out.. sucker punched ya.

Running your mouth then not running away as fast as you wanted to isn't a sucker punch.  I kind of liked Boise State before that incident.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Running your mouth then not running away as fast as you wanted to isn't a sucker punch.  I kind of liked Boise State before that incident.

Are you aware that they guy that threw the punch spent most of his time before the game talking trash, and had a huge reputation as a troublemaker?

Are you also aware that the BSU player was suspended for his actions leading up to the punch?

Just another big time team that couldn't handle losing to BSU.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wouldn't even be close, even the worst NFL using their 2nd squad would destroy any top ranked college team hands down.

Exactly.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:48:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Prove it.

Sigh...I'll start.

I disagree with you.

Me too.  If these "powerhouse" schools are all they are cracked up to be, come and kick our asses.  I see lots of talk, not much action.  BSU has had two ranked opponents this year, just as many as a lot of big schools.  The WAC is no SEC, but it's just as good as some of the other BCS conferences.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:31:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Who Va. Tech & Oregon State?!?! Holy crap, look out!!  BSU plays a pathetic schedule year in and year out. As of this week's BCS Standing (I hate the BCS) Every team in the top 25 would destroy BSU, except maybe Baylor & Nevada.

Link Posted: 10/26/2010 11:56:36 PM EDT
[#46]
I hear that the Denver Bronkos suck massive ass this year, proof in the game they played last weeekend.

I am thinking that some 5A Junior varsity team could kick the Broncos ass.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 12:08:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you aware that they guy that threw the punch spent most of his time before the game talking trash, and had a huge reputation as a troublemaker?

Are you also aware that the BSU player was suspended for his actions leading up to the punch?

Just another big time team that couldn't handle losing to BSU.

I'm aware of all of that.  The point was that kid ran his mouth then tried to run away but wasn't quick enough and Boise State fans called it a sucker punch.  There is a strong Napoleon complex tied to that school.

Don't get me wrong, they one who threw the punch was wrong too.  I just saw it as two schools showing a lack of class by some of their players.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:27:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I've never been to Idaho, is everyone there annoying?

Based on the posts here from Texans over the years... I have to ask the same question about them. Well?

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:31:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Yeah that BSU vs. Oklahoma game was sure boring
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:51:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Boise is a good team.  They could play in any conference in the country.  The only difference is that they would be a marginal team in some of the really powerful conferences (SEC, Big 10, Big 12).  

To get back on subject.  No college team can play with an NFL team.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top