Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2010 8:13:56 PM EDT
AWESOME!!!!
http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/23/anglophenia.jsp?bc_id=1956

Gearheads, set your DVRs: the hit BBC AMERICA car show Top Gear will be featured on CBS' 60 Minutes this Sunday at 7 pm ET/PT. Newsman Steve Kroft sat down with hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May, as well as exec producer Andy Wilman, to get an inside look at the worldwide phenomenon.

I'm not going to miss this! Hopefully it'll be enough to tide us till the new series starts next year. (Yeah, it got pushed back... )
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait.  WUT?  They didn't interview the STIG?!?!
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag for a reminder...looks like CBS posts the full episodes online. I'll have to watch this one next week.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Top Gear is the coolest show ever!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 8:53:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They tried.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They tried.

Yeah, I just saw that last night.  It was good.

Also, the 1st piece on unemployment in silicon Valley was telling.  I'm sure they all changed the channel over in DC during that one.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#7]
That interview was infuriating to watch.  Specifically the parts about drawing criticism and complaints about Jeremy's comments.  I'm so sick of the whinny ass holes that get their feelings hurt and need to complain and try to censor things.  The comment about truck driving being change gear, check mirror, change gear, check mirror, kill prostitute, check mirror had me laughing.  Or complaining because they were drinking and driving on the north pole episode.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I missed it.  Hope I can catch it online

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That interview was infuriating to watch.  Specifically the parts about drawing criticism and complaints about Jeremy's comments.  I'm so sick of the whinny ass holes that get their feelings hurt and need to complain and try to censor things.  The comment about truck driving being change gear, check mirror, change gear, check mirror, kill prostitute, check mirror had me laughing.  Or complaining because they were drinking and driving on the north pole episode.

international waters FTW!

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

international waters FTW!

Ha he said that we were sailing not driving.  I chuckled.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Best show on the planet/
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Best show on the planet/

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Best show on the planet/

It's the best show..............in the world. [/Jeremy Clarkson]

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ––bullseye––:

Quoted:
Best show on the planet/

It's the best show..................................................................................................................in the world. [/Jeremy Clarkson]  

fixed.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#15]
http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/845512-top-gear-presenters-pull-in-record-ratings-for-us-tv-show

The BBC2 motor show’s presenters – Richard Hammond, Jeremy Clarkson and James May – appeared on the US programme on Sunday night and stole the crown for the highest ratings 60 Minutes has had in 2010.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tv/845512-top-gear-presenters-pull-in-record-ratings-for-us-tv-show#ixzz13hLQmGzI

Long live The Stig!
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#16]
i'm not a car guy and top gear kicks ass.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Goes to show that no one gives a shit about 60 Minutes unless Top Gear is on it.

Link Posted: 10/29/2010 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Goes to show that no one gives a shit about 60 Minutes unless Top Gear is on it.  

no one gives a shit about 60 minutes' liberal bs but they do about cool cars and a funny schtick

if 60 minutes did the type of in depth investigation they were known for... they would probably be popular.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top