Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2002 7:04:11 AM EDT
Does anyone know where I can get a list of Military Surplus (or non-surplus ) that is restricted for civilians to have?

I'm a collector and I'm starting to find out that I am not supposed to have things like a Kevlar helmet, gas mask and post 94 mags.  I want to know what else I'm not legally supposed to have.

Thanks for any info....
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Not that i want or need a kevlar helmet (but i am not a collector), there are at least 50-60 of these on ebay at any given time, are you sure they are restricted ?
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:15:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a need for a Kevlar either but I've been told they were restricted.  Kevlar's have to be de-militarized by removing all the straps and support assembly.  My local surplus dealer won't touch them because he doesn't want to get busted.

I was wondering if there was an official list of these restricted items.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:16:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:20:02 AM EDT
[#4]
In the Cheaper Than Dirt catalog I'm looking at right now:

Original US military current helmet with Kevlar PASG1 protection system. Complete with suspension system and chin strap. Rare, hard to find in original military condition. OD Green, your choice of size $119.97 - 149.97
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Never heard of Kevlar helmets being restricted. Though things like de-milled grenades are a no-no in certain states like Kalifornia (who didn't see that a mile down the road?).
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:32:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Some otherwise innocuous items, such as Kevlar helmets, gas masks, etc., are restricted from being exported without certain licences and permissions.
Other items, such as H-bombs, ICBMs, and Nuclear subs have somewhat stricter controls, however.
View Quote

Hmm, that gives me a funny idea.  Does someone have the balls to submit a form 1 for a Thermonuclear "Desctructive Device" to the ATF?  I'd love to see the reaction.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:38:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Pretty cool huh. You have already paid for the stuff once with your tax dollars and now you can't buy them again for any price..[BD] Thanks for reminding me..I got to send off my monthly check to Uncle Sugar as he didn't steal enough from me last year!
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 8:11:18 AM EDT
[#8]
WTL,
Being a LEO I know of no arrests or cases been made on anybody since those prez. clifford laws were adopted. Really. Does anybody?

I_run_with_scissors
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 10:55:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some otherwise innocuous items, such as Kevlar helmets, gas masks, etc., are restricted from being exported without certain licences and permissions.
Other items, such as H-bombs, ICBMs, and Nuclear subs have somewhat stricter controls, however.
View Quote

Hmm, that gives me a funny idea.  Does someone have the balls to submit a form 1 for a Thermonuclear "Desctructive Device" to the ATF?  I'd love to see the reaction.
View Quote

lol when i first came to the board i asked if a nuke would be considered a destructive device. i still think technically it would be. course you have a snowballs chance of getting it approved
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top