Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2001 7:42:50 PM EDT
I noticed this the other day when I was the range shooting at 100 yards. I took my rifle to the range after cleaning my rifle and I noticed my rifle seems to shoot better groups and my rifle has about 20 rounds thru it. I was shooting from the bench. I was talking to my dad about this and he said he thing it has to do the oil in the barrel. I clean my rifle with a bore brush and some Hoppes #9 and then I run a few dry patches down the barrel and the when Im done I run a patch with some Breakfree CLP followed by a dry patch. My dad thinks the first 20 rouns help spead the lubricant down the barrel more uniformly. Just looking for other people experiance.

Six
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#1]
My date and time is not coming up correct when I make postes so Im making another one to see if I can get it to come up on top.

Six
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/24/2001 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#3]
It has to do with consistent barrel (and everything else for that matter) conditions.  When ever I go to a match I let 5 or 6 rounds go before the match.  You need to have a couple of fouling shots through it to make the first, as consistent with the last, as possible.

Also, I notice that shooting moly coated bullets you will have less fouling and less accuracy degradation due to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top