Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2002 7:09:36 PM EDT
Yes its Monday again, and I go to a job that is sucking the life outta of me. Its a dead end job, however, I owe, I owe so off to work I go. For those of you that are in the same boat as I, or worse, if you are unemployed. Here's something for your viewing and listening pleasure.

[url=http://www.awesome-als.net/netvids/att1.EXE]Monday Sucks[/url] <---[i]click here[/i]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
You just had to remind me that I have to go back to work tomorrow.  Ya couldn't let it go.  All you veterans think that your post count entitles you to raise just any subject, with no regard to the thoughts and feelings of the the poor, downtrodden masses.  Well this crosses the line.  Moderator, delete this thread!  For the children!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:27:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I work 3 13's Sat - Monday so to me Mondays are the last day of the work week.  Hell, I'm at work right now, so Bring on Monday!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Mondays suck.  Luckily, I normally "work from home" till noon or so on Mondays... so that makes em better.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#4]
F*Ck Mondays!! I hate 'em!! AHHHHHH!!!

-T.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The song about "Friday is my favorite day!":

"Monday is a bummer,
Tuesday's only fair.
Wednesday's gettin' better,
Thursday's almost there...
but, Friday! Friday!
Friday is my favorite day!!!"

Monday is the countdown to Friday.
I'll be driving a 'sucky' route, but, I'll try to remember that song.
Seeya in Traffic! [;D]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Mondays suck bad. I don't have work, but I DO have school. Skool sucks. Plus that means I need to finish all that homework I didn't do Friday or Saturday so I have to do it now. But first I need to get of the frikken forums here... so very hard to do.....

MONDAYS SUCK!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone hurry up and marry me so I can be a full time homemaker.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I work all weekend long to Mon, Tue, Wed is my weekend, so.....

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Uh-oh:

ARTIST: Boomtown Rats
TITLE: I Don't Like Mondays

The silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload
And nobody's gonna go to school today
She's going to make them stay at home
And Daddy doesn't understand it
He always said she was as good as gold
And he can see no reason
'Cause there are no reasons
What reason do you need to be shown

{Refrain}
Tell me why - I don't like Mondays
I want to shoot
The whole day down

The Telex machine is kept so clean
And it types to a waiting world
And Mother feels so shocked
Father's world is rocked
And their thoughts turn to their own little girl
Sweet 16 ain't that peachy keen
No, it ain't so neat to admit defeat
They can see no reasons
What reason do you need, oh-h-h

{Refrain}
Down, down, shoot it all down

And all the playing's stopped in the playground now
She wants to play with her toys a while
And school's out early and soon we'll be learning
And the lesson today is how to die
And then the bullhorn crackles
And the captain tackles
With the problems and the how's and why's
And he can see no reasons
What reason do you need to die, die, oh-h-h

And the silicon chip inside her head
Gets switched to overload
Oh, and nobody's gonna go to school today
She's going to make them stay at home
And Daddy doesn't understand it
He always said she was as good as gold
And he can see no reason
What reason do you need to be shown

{Refrain, with 7 tell me why's}

(with thanks to:
[url]http://gunther.simplenet.com/v/data/idontlik.htm[/url])
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 4:06:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Well its Monday. At least its payday. Well payday for my creditors. After paying bills I take home a whopping $150 of which to buy groceries, gas and live on till next payday. Then I get to pay more bills and rent. Of which I will have about $100 left to buy groceries, gas and live on till the next payday. Viscious cycle. I keep reminding myself that I took this job cause I wanted to enjoy my firearms and collecting them. Instead I have sold two so far and have not bought any. Go figure. When I was in CA, I had money to buy em but could not get em. Here I can get em but no money to buy em. [:(]
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:36:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I can't believe everyone hates their job that much.  I'll admit I don't look forward to going to work EVERY Monday, but I do more often than not.  I can't imagine doing a job I hated for very long.  I like having money to spend, but I've lived on a lot less money than I have now and still was happy.  Money doesn't make a man happy, and from the sound of this thread, it makes a lot of people miserable.  Count me out!  I'd rather enjoy my life.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:45:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I can't believe everyone hates their job that much.  I'll admit I don't look forward to going to work EVERY Monday, but I do more often than not.  I can't imagine doing a job I hated for very long.  I like having money to spend, but I've lived on a lot less money than I have now and still was happy.  Money doesn't make a man happy, and from the sound of this thread, it makes a lot of people miserable.  Count me out!  I'd rather enjoy my life.
View Quote

... I agree. Me too.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:52:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Kinda hard to be happy when worries of your car being repo'd and when collectors are calling you on a daily basis. Yes I made this decision and should live with it. But one must vent every now and again before one goes postal.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:56:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Its not that I hate my job. I actually love it!
I just hate being obligated to it.

-T.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 6:57:11 AM EDT
[#15]
... LT, if you can handle the summers you should consider AZ
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
... LT, if you can handle the summers you should consider AZ
View Quote

Working on it.  I would love AZ. Have an old military buddy that lives in Mesa. Use to go to Lake Powell quite a bit in the early 90's.
Link Posted: 4/15/2002 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#17]
I wasn't trying to say that people should never hate their job or never worry about money.  I have been in situations at work that I didn't like, too, but I wasn't willing to stay there and just feel trapped.  That's one reason I don't like getting into debt.  If I can help it, I don't want an obligation like that forcing me to go to a job I hate.  It just surprised me how normal most everyone seemed to think it is to hate your job.  It may happen, but I wouldn't consider it something I was just willing to live with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top