Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2010 1:39:03 PM EDT
I've been this way since I was a teenager.  When I hear a song I really like, I'll just completely wear it out for days.  Until I find another one I like.  normally I can liten to a variety of rock music, but this really kicks in whenever I figure out the specifics of a song that I always liked but never knew the artist or its name.

For instance, right now its Paperthin Hymn from Anberlin.  Last week it was 5FDP's cover of Bad Company.

Or is this one of those things that everyone does but no one talks about?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:39:35 PM EDT
[#1]
OCD?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

OCD?
Yeah, he'll be washing his hands and complaining about 'Where did my fingerprintz go...?' next.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Opticalc,

I have the exact same problem.  When I find a song I like, I'll listen to it for days.  I also have no problem leaving the same CD in the car for weeks, even months, despite the fact that I have an hour-long commute.  It drives my wife (and every roommate I ever had) absolutely nuts.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm kinda bad at this. I'll listen to a song I really like over and over again, until I don't like it anymore
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#6]
that's what happens to me

Find some good music, listen to it constantly all week, then get tired of it. Even though I have a ton of music on my conmputer, feel like I'm tired of almost all of it.

Another thing I noticed, I swear my iTunes always plays the same music when on shuffle. Feel like I constantly hear the same worn out songs
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 7,274 tracks in iTunes.

Out of all that there's probably 20 or 30 that get played 99% of the time.

Maybe another 20 or 30 that get played once in a while.

Another couple of dozen that get heard once in a blue moon.

Many times I'll do a single track for a few hours at a time, a short playlist for a few days.

So yes, there are people that "suffer" the same condition you do.

About the only exception is the GPS on the bike.  I have 500 tracks for the MP3 player (hard limit of what it can hold) and run it on shuffle since dicking with it to select tracks is distracting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top