Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 1:21:11 PM EDT
This asshole just needs a bullet to the back of the head. 3 DWI's, 1 illegal entry into the country yet he still has the money to buy a car and booze and kill someone. This shit has to end.

Link

A Honduran construction worker pleaded guilty Monday to murder for driving drunk in East Austin last year and causing a crash that killed a Tennessee man who had just arrived in Austin on business.

Jaime Bonilla Alvarado, 24, entered the plea at the start of his trial in state District Judge Jim Coronado's court. A 12-member Travis County jury, which began hearing evidence about the case Monday, will decide his sentence. He faces up to life in prison.

"He's not running; he's not hiding from his responsibility," said Alvarado's lawyer, Brad Urrutia. "He's ready to face whatever consequences there are."

The punishment hearing is expected to continue through Wednesday.

Prosecutor Erika Sipiora told the jury that the case is about Robert Benn, 64, who died in the Aug. 31, 2009, crash in East Austin.

Benn had flown from Nashville to Austin for business meetings hours after learning that his daughter had given birth to his third grandchild, his family has said. He picked up a Dodge Charger rental car and headed from the airport to his hotel room.

Alvarado, who had three previous convictions for driving while intoxicated in Travis County, was deported to his native Honduras at least once before and has never had a driver's license in this country, officials said in the weeks after the wreck. Officials said that Alvarado had been prosecuted at least once for illegal re-entry into the country following a deportation.

In the moments before the 2009 crash, Austin police officer Christopher Geck tried to pull over Alvarado after witnessing Alvarado's Lincoln Navigator speeding on Pleasant Valley Road near East Cesar Chavez Street, an arrest affidavit said.

Geck turned on his emergency lights and sirens to get Alvarado to pull over, but Alvarado continued to drive at about 20 mph on several streets while throwing bottles out the window, according to Geck's testimony and video of the pursuit played in court.

At one point, Alvarado turned east onto Bolm Road, gunned the engine and sped toward Airport Boulevard, where he ran a red light and ran into Benn's rental car.

Geck described the impact, which sent smoke into the air, as chilling.

"I could hear it over my sirens," he said.

Geck said he went to check on the driver of the Navigator first. He paused and fought his emotions when Sipiora, the prosecutor, asked him why he went to Alvarado's car first.

"Based on the impact, ... I knew there was nothing I could do for the driver of the Dodge," Geck said.

He said that's when he went to the Dodge, he saw Benn had been crushed by the door. Geck asked if Benn was alright, he said. Benn let out a sigh, his eyes rolled back into his head, and his chin dropped to his chest, Geck said.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:35:27 PM EDT
[#1]
More Americans have been killed by illegal aliens than the Japanese lost at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Liberals still love 'em to death and are outraged over our use of atomic weapons during the war against fascism.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me get this straight.  I have a college degree and work 50 hours a week and drive a 2004 station wagon.

This slimeball has 3 DUI convictions, has been thrown out of the country once, came back and drunkenly crashed a Lincoln Navigator in to someone, killing them, and now taxpayers will cover a lifetime of him sitting on his ass?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top