Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 12:50:35 PM EDT
I had a very clever idea last evening... In theory, Habilis first utilized fire as a method of food (meat) preparation, and to fend off predators. I believe that the realization of fire having the ability to provide warmth, as being the prominent reason for Habilis to have harnessed fire.

Now, consider this: How do yo...u teach a child to play with fire? Showing him how to make fire is not enough of a drive to succeed, but merely a show in understanding of the existence
and the ability to create - Completely lacking in reason. However, if you compound it's creation with exhibiting what one of the most amazing natural forces (fire) is capable of, then you have provided him reason and inspired his imagination.

With this in mind, how would you teach an ape to harness fire? Indeed, a very good question with an exceptionally well rounded answer. A percentage of apes may possess the Pyromaniac mentality, like myself, but is that really an effective method of widespread utilization? In the long run it may be a better solution, but I am seeking more immediate results. As such, I have come to the conclusion that we need to set a spark in the minds of apes that would provide for not only a few of them, but all of them to desire the fire.

How I intend to do this is through synthetic necessity. You ask me how to accomplish this deed of destruction, chaos, corruption, and ultimately enabling evolution to take a giant leap
beyond what was previously thought possible, creating competition for Humans? Well, I'll tell you... Addiction. Yes, as seen in Humans - It can be a very powerful force, taking over our every thought and compelling us to do things we never would have considered doing before our addiction.

Cigarettes. Yes, cigarettes. You may laugh now, but when the apes set fire to your habitat because they smoke the devils weed, then we will see who laughs. (I will laugh)

Have you yet to notice our distant cousins on resort beaches pillage and plunder, all because they were intoxicated by ethanol? In the hot sun one may do anything for a nice cold drink... Especially if it has such enjoyable side effects like idiocy and the inability to walk or communicate effectively.

Now, if you have never been a smoker, think of your friends and family... How did they act when they have not had a cigarette in a few hours or days? Can you imagine someone with
the new found ability to create fire and it's power, unglued by his itch... his fixation - his obsession - for nicotine, and not bound by the rules of society and consequence? Quite a dangerous animal.

On that note, I have a little secret to tell you... The antidote is vodka. You must begin to administer the antidote in a mixture of fruit juices, which would entice the apes senses. Over time an undiluted version will be desired as the fruit addition would be seen by the apes as too sweet and less effective than a straight glass of booze.

I did ponder how they would continue to obtain their chosen enslaving device and luckily I found two simple tools to aide them in their journey! The blade, in two different forms, be that a knife/sword and the spear. With these tools they will eventually come to know combat tactics on a higher level than previously employed in the field against other tribes. Perhaps I will even provide them with the knowledge of manufacturing the Molotov, under the guise of a trial basis... Which could even turn the antidote against the people who would dare administrate it! Muahahaha!!! After a few decades of experience and adaption, they will be trained in the use of better weaponry, such as those that utilize fire to a higher degree... Firearms, explosives, etc.

One day I will rule the world, and I shall command the Army of Apes.

Laugh - I dare you.

PS, how do I create a lesser indent?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#5]

ETA: LOL WUT sec

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#6]
.....................................in
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Once upon a time at the foot of a great mountain,
there was a town where the people known as Happyfolk lived,
their very existence a mystery to the rest of the world,
obscured as it was by great clouds.
Here they played out their peaceful lives,
innocent of the litany of excess and violence that was growing in the world below.
To live in harmony with the spirit of the mountain called Monkey was enough.
Then one day Strangefolk arrived in the town.
They came in camouflage, hidden behind dark glasses, but no one noticed them: they only saw shadows.
You see, without the Truth of the Eyes, the Happyfolk were blind.

Falling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes
Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home
Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head
Now everybody dancing the dance of the dead,
the dance of the dead,
the dance of the dead

In time, Strangefolk found their way into the higher reaches of the mountain,
and it was there that they found the caves of unimaginable Sincerity and Beauty.
By chance, they stumbled upon the Place Where All Good Souls Come to Rest.
The Strangefolk, they coveted the jewels in these caves above all things,
and soon they began to mine the mountain, its rich seam fueling the chaos of their own world.
Meanwhile, down in the town, the Happyfolk slept restlessly,
their dreams invaded by shadowy figures digging away at their souls.
Every day, people would wake and stare at the mountain.
Why was it bringing darkness into their lives?
And as the Strangefolk mined deeper and deeper into the mountain,
holes began to appear, bringing with them a cold and bitter wind that chilled the very soul of the monkey.
For the first time, the Happyfolk felt fearful for they knew that soon the Monkey would stir from its deep sleep.
And then came a sound. Distant first, it grew into castrophany so immense it could be heard far away in space.
There were no screams. There was no time.
The mountain called Monkey had spoken.
There was only fire.
And then, nothing.

O little town in U.S.A, your time has come to see
There's nothing you believe you want
But where were you when it all came down on me?
Did you call me now?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:05:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:10:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:24:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Your apes are going to burn your house down, rape you and kill you.  Maybe not in that order.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Your apes are going to burn your house down, rape you and kill you.  Maybe not in that order.

Exciting, I know!
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top