Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 4:41:29 AM EDT
Thanks For Shitting Your Pants
Date: 2010-02-09, 10:00AM MST

I was in line at that dreadful Comcast customer service pit to return my modem and cancel service anyway. My mind was made up. For all the reasons I don't have to list here, FUCK COMCAST. My building got wireless service recently. I'm done. The guy on the phone didn't do a good job at saving my account.

"How does $42 a month sound?"

"Can you beat free?" I inquired. I asked him if I could send the modem back in the mail and avoid the trip to their drop-off center.

"No."

Whatever. Getting the $56 a month monkey off my back felt good no matter what. I had no regrets at all. You sealed the deal when you shit your pants.

That was seriously nasty. Everyone thought it was the little kid at first, but I knew right away it was you. I know I can't blame Comcast for whatever it is that makes you unable to control your bowels. I know that line was long and the service fairly slow. People have complicated fucking issues with their cable and phone. That line was an audition for the Jerry Springer show ( I mean that in a loving way), complete with a woman who shits her pants. That was unreal, lady, just unreal. I know you did it while you were standing in line because you didn't smell that rotten when I took my place in line behind you.
Granted, that customer-service counter IS a remarkably good place to shit your pants. The carpet is filthy. The walls have been smeared by the hands of innumerable children. You can't help but notice right away that the customer service agents are behind glass. Lashonda gets mad when the account be closed. No big deal, really. I enjoy the pagent of human existence. I suppose even to include the lady who shit her pants yesterday afternoon. Comcast is too cheap to buy a rope line, so people line up as they see fit and let the kids roam free.
Holy fuck that stunk,and the line wasn't going anywhere. 15 mintues of that was enough to upset my cast-iron stomach. I trained on a vast UNDERGROUND fish market in Asia; I know what stench is. I couldn't back up, either. The line had formed behind me in that airless chamber. The room was suffering. You could see it on the stricken face of the woman who helped you. She went in the back and threw up after you left. First, she came to the agent helping me and asked for "the spray." I guess people shit themselves often there. The people who have been standing behind me gave me sympathetic looks as I left: I had endured ground zero. My only thought was to get outside as quickly as possible.

But that really sealed the deal for me. My new wireless connection is great. And free. If I ever think I might want to go back to Comcast, all I have to do is think about the lady with scanty beard hair shitting her pants in a dingy lobby and I'll return to my senses right away.

Imagine what her car smells like?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:42:34 AM EDT
[#1]
FUCK COCKCAST

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:44:15 AM EDT
[#2]
How is it free?  Are you the one that talked about "stealing" the wireless service from your neighbor?
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:51:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Lashonda gets mad when the account be closed.

LOL X10000

CLASSIC.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:58:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How is it free?  Are you the one that talked about "stealing" the wireless service from your neighbor?

I thought that guy was splitting the bill with his neighbor? At least that's what I took from the OP.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:55:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Had Comcast when I moved a couple burbs over so I called and told Comcast, old address- new address just switch to the new place simple enough
They said I need to turn in my box and modem at the service center for my old area, I said I own the modem and they agreed. I didn't really need another errand to run while moving but turned in the box no prob
Service shows up with new box and to make sure everything works at guess which house... the old one. I get a message informing that they missed me while waiting at the new house for them to show. Anyone can make mistake so I straighten that out and reschedule.
Service does show up at new house at least an hour or two before the scheduled time span no one is home so they shove the box and the modem that I don't need in the mailbox and go on about their way
So i figure fine I'll hook this shit up my self and be done with it nope nothing works I call and explain every thing to CS they apologeticly line up service asap (the next afternoon)
Service shows up, right house, right time and gets it all going for about two days
Didn't notice it till  Sunday am but called a different service number anyways to see what could be done, the guy I spoke to sounded very competent and did claim to find the problem after some time. Data entry on the account was all wrong he said and we really should not have had any service at all by the way it looked and unfortunately he would not be able to correct it till Monday as his department was just a trouble shooting type hotline and could not alter accounts He did promise to take this to some such manager himself on Monday morning and the service would be running like nothing ever happened by the time I get home from work without me ever having to worry about it again
Come Monday evening after work- no internet- no TV . I wasn't surprised or mad even. And I wasn't going to bother Comcast with it again. I called the other company and set up a new account then called Comcast to cancel my account and they could find no record of me whatso ever but did ask If I would be interested in the new cable, net and phone bundle I told the lady if I did that I would loose all contact with outside world relying on them for all three of those services but thanks anyways All I had left to do is turn in the Comcast box that I still had at the service center and I was curious as to how someone that they had no record of could turn in the box, but what the hell at this point I was game to see what would happen. They took the box back and gave me receipt for it without hassle And few weeks later I got a small check for what I paid ahead on my account, I guess they finally found me

From that day on I will never have another Comcast cable, net or phone for the rest of my days. Sure people make mistakes and you run into people who just don't give a shit that day or at all even. But time and time again and one service person right after another one phone Betty after the next not getting it right? How the hell does that company stay going?

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:03:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I had to return a digital converter box for my daughters T.V. that had gone south.
The Comcast Customer Service lady sat there and argued with me that the converter box wasn't bad and it must be a problem with the T.V.

This after I explained to her that a Service Rep ran a diagnostic on the damned thing and informed me it WAS the converter box that was bad.

This chik's boss shows up and immediately gives me another box, this one brand new, still in the packaging while telling the customer service lady to go take her break,,,now.

Comcast bought the service provider that actually brought cable service out here to the sticks, those folks were great. Comcast has been a thorn in my neck since they took over and if I had access to more reliable options I would drop Comcast in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:05:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm switching to another company for half the price here. Paying $139 fori nternet and TV is bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#8]
We switched our company a month ago for comcast to handle phones and internet.  I know I've received 2 invoices already, the first was wrong but we paid anyway, then the second had a credit to fix the first invoice - which we paid.

So, long story short, after 30 days with comcast and two paid invoices our phones and internet went down at 2pm today- for what they call a major failure, of 3-36 hours in duration.

We were fortunate enough to get our main line forwarded to a cell phone, however certain staff were sent home early, and I'm losing money - not making it because of comcast.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top