Last Updated:

Sunday, September 12, 2010 |  6:12 PM ET

The
British government is investigating unsubstantiated allegations that
British and Canadian soldiers are involved in smuggling heroin out of
Afghanistan, a British newspaper says.

"We are aware of these allegations. Although they are
unsubstantiated, we take any such reports very seriously," a Ministry of
Defence spokeswoman told the Sunday Times.

The Times said soldiers at the British base in Helmand province and
the Canadian base at Kandahar Airfield are said to be involved.

A spokesperson at Canada's Department of National Defence would
neither confirm nor deny that there is an investigation. The
spokesperson said that if there were an investigation, no one would say
anything until it was complete.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
This is my shocked face... I guarantee you U.S. Soldiers try and some even succeed at the same thing
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:05:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Soldiers are people like everyone else...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]

possible plot for lethal weapon 5?

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Tom Clancy already did this.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
THE FUCK?  

Soldiers smuggle Afghan heroin: report

Allegations 'unsubstantiated,' U.K. ministry says

Last Updated: Sunday, September 12, 2010 |  6:12 PM ET

The British government is investigating unsubstantiated allegations that British and Canadian soldiers are involved in smuggling heroin out of Afghanistan, a British newspaper says.

"We are aware of these allegations. Although they are unsubstantiated, we take any such reports very seriously," a Ministry of Defence spokeswoman told the Sunday Times.

The Times said soldiers at the British base in Helmand province and the Canadian base at Kandahar Airfield are said to be involved.

A spokesperson at Canada's Department of National Defence would neither confirm nor deny that there is an investigation. The spokesperson said that if there were an investigation, no one would say anything until it was complete.

When I was in my first years of AD, one of the guys we ran around with was LE... he took us to a room where they were 'showing off' a duffel bag stuffed with 'Thai Sticks' some doofus was trying to smuggle back... quite a sight. No idea about the $$ value but I remember it was substantial! Nothing compared to the $$ value of the same amount of powder drugs!

Wasn't there movie based on a true story about some dope fiend in Harlem that was smuggling heroin directly from Asia during the VN conflict, using .mil planes?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
THE FUCK?  

The British government is investigating unsubstantiated allegations that British and Canadian soldiers are involved in smuggling heroin out of Afghanistan, a British newspaper says.

"We are aware of these allegations. Although they are unsubstantiated, we take any such reports very seriously," a Ministry of Defence spokeswoman told the Sunday Times.

The Times said soldiers at the British base in Helmand province and the Canadian base at Kandahar Airfield are said to be involved.

A spokesperson at Canada's Department of National Defence would neither confirm nor deny that there is an investigation. The spokesperson said that if there were an investigation, no one would say anything until it was complete.

When I was in my first years of AD, one of the guys we ran around with was LE... he took us to a room where they were 'showing off' a duffel bag stuffed with 'Thai Sticks' some doofus was trying to smuggle back... quite a sight. No idea about the $$ value but I remember it was substantial! Nothing compared to the $$ value of the same amount of powder drugs!

Wasn't there movie based on a true story about some dope fiend in Harlem that was smuggling heroin directly from Asia during the VN conflict, using .mil planes?

It's how we funded the Contras.
Clinton got his cut for looking the other way as it came in through Mena Airport.
Ollie North, Barry Seal, Eugene Hasenfuss, Daddy Bush, et al.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I think RIver Phoenix made a movie about that in the early 90s; "Buffalo Soldiers" I think it was the title; where he was a soldier that made money on the side selling military stuff, including weapons on the black market as well as cooking drugs.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:50:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
THE FUCK?  

Yep, American Gangster
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top