Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 2:05:54 PM EDT
Afghans, meanwhile, set fire to tires in the streets and shouted "Death
to America" for a second day despite Jones' decision to call off the
burning. The largest drew a crowd estimated at 10,000.

All American troops need to be withdrawn for Afghanistan starting tomorrow.

We need a new strategy in this war. Hunt the enemy through our intelligence services, kill them when we find them and withdraw after the attack. Ask no permission, give no warnings, give no quarter.

We will never win the hearts and minds and we need to stop trying. The "Let's be friends" thing isn't working. It's time to switch to something else.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Afghans, meanwhile, set fire to tires in the streets and shouted "Death to America" for a second day despite Jones' decision to call off the burning. The largest drew a crowd estimated at 10,000.

We need a new strategy in this war. Hunt the enemy through our intelligence services, kill them when we find them and withdraw after the attack. Ask no permission, give no warnings, give no quarter.

We will never win the hearts and minds and we need to stop trying. The "Let's be friends" thing isn't working. It's time to switch to something else.

I disagree.  With 10,000 in one place at one time, it is the perfect time to drop a MOAB or a few dozen CBU's.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:23:44 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Hunt the enemy through our intelligence services, kill them when we find them and withdraw after the attack.

That's a lot harder to do with no friendly presence in the country.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Afghans, meanwhile, set fire to tires in the streets and shouted "Death to America" for a second day despite Jones' decision to call off the burning. The largest drew a crowd estimated at 10,000.

I disagree.  With 10,000 in one place at one time, it is the perfect time to drop a MOAB or a few dozen CBU's.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#4]
"Sunshine on my shoulders makes....AAARRRGGHHHHHHH".....Poof  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:30:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

FTMFW
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Death to Afghanistan
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Just because the only part of 21st century they want anything to do with is IED's (express elevators to allah), doesn't mean we can't have some kind of understanding does it?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the stench would drift in the wind for weeks!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like your thinking.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:55:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think hearts and minds works with muslims. Like somebody wrote here, "you can rent them for a while ".
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:55:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

So only 0.04% of the country (total population 28 million) goes out to chant "death to America" and the whole country is lost?

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#12]
The largest drew a crowd estimated at 10,000.

Daisy Cutter
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Probably wasn't just one crowd in the whole country.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#14]
How 'bout saying "The next country that sponsors a terrorist attack against the US will be wiped off the face of the Earth...no questions asked. Now, who wants to go first?"

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How 'bout saying "The next country that sponsors a terrorist attack against the US will be wiped off the face of the Earth...no questions asked. Now, who wants to go first?"

You really want to stop the shit, how about, "The next country that sponsors a terrorist attack against the US will be wiped off the face of the Earth along with all of the contiguous neighboring countries".

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#16]
If Sherman was good enough for the U.S.
Well, thats how you win a war, not being nice right?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

he was the "i'm gonna fuck you up, as well as your stuff, your neighbors stuff, and everything else around it" general?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#18]
canned sunshine
should have used it at Tora Bora IMHO
there were no civis up there
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really want to stop the shit, how about, "The next country that sponsors a terrorist attack against the US will be wiped off the face of the Earth along with all of the contiguous neighboring countries".

OK...I can live with that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Our biggest weakness is being soft, as a country.

You don't mess with the playground bully, because he'll knock you flat, as evidenced by the black eyes on the other children.

the day he gets messed with, and doesn't retaliate, he loses his respect.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:22:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hunt the enemy through our intelligence services, kill them when we find them and withdraw after the attack.

That's a lot harder to do with no friendly presence in the country.

That's why we turn the entire region into glass
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

he was the "i'm gonna fuck you up, as well as your stuff, your neighbors stuff, and everything else around it" general?

He cut a swath of destruction across the south that rebels are still pissed about today.

It was effective though.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So only 0.04% of the country (total population 28 million) goes out to chant "death to America" and the whole country is lost?

That's the LARGEST crowd, not the only crowd.

The fact that the people who took Al Queda in while they were ruled by the Taliban would come out on September 11, burn our flag and chant "Death to America" tells me all that I need to know. They are muslims first. They hate America and they don't want us there. If they did then the Taliban would have been wiped out. If they did then these protesters would have been attacked in the street by an even bigger mob. The Afghan people showed me that they are an extremely forgetful bunch of ingrates and we need to leave them to their fate.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:15:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It depends on how the rest of the country feels. Just because they arn't out there chanting and blowing us up doesn't mean they don't want to. I'm going out on a limb and guess they are merely expressing the sentiments of the rest of the country.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:22:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit, start A10 runs on the crowd.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:31:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But what if it's Canada?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:33:43 AM EDT
[#27]

But what if it's Canada?

HAHAHAHAHAH!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Canada...attack! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Good one!!

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:36:35 AM EDT
[#28]
ost
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:37:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

But what if it's Canada?

HAHAHAHAHAH!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Canada...attack! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

Good one!!

[bobdoug] Take off ya hoser!  It could happen... [/bobdoug]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:38:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Now that's funny!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:39:43 AM EDT
[#31]
The problem with A-Stan is that we wasted time on installing a new government....we should just have gone in and killed all the Al Queda and Taliban fuckers we could find and got out of there leaving them with no government.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:43:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Gents,

We have lost many members over the weekend. I saw a few of the staffs comments.  Tread carefully.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top