Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2002 5:10:14 AM EDT
GS - saw in one of your posts that you did some work for this company - hope you can answer a question for me so that I can order some boots today insteas of waiting for customer service.  I'll have a busy week coming - wife goes in tuesday evening to begin inducing for delivery of our new son!

Anyway... if you look at[url]http://www.wellco.com/html/tuffkushion_boots.html[/url], you see that all except for one of these boots is a jungle style with one all leather issue style.  If you look at the descriptions, all of them except the Tuff Deluxe have the recommendation to order a half size smaller than the issue boot size - including the all leather boot which IS the issue boot with a different sole. ???  The Deluxe desription does not make that recommendation even though it's jungle style like all the others that tell you to get a half size smaller *and* it says that it stands 1" taller than issue boots.  ???  Seems like all the tuff cushion boots would stand taller, but that would only be pertinent as a description of the issue type boot with the tuff cushion sole.  In other words, do you think that the parts of the desriptions I'm addressing could have been switched - that in fact the height difference shold be with the issue type upper and the size difference should be with the deluxe?  It's pertinent because I would like the deluxe style - the lace lock sounds great.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Tate
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:51:11 AM EDT
[#1]
 It may not help, but I have a pair of the Tuffkushion Deluxe on order, will post as soon as they arrive.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, paspecops - hope they work out great for you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I met this company at a tradeshow and have ordered about 30 pairs of boots from them on group purchases, all the deluxe models you are talking about.

Speaking with the VP of Marketing, he has always recommended ordering your size, rounding up 1/2 if needed.  He never had us downsize.

I wear a 12 1/2~13 shoe, I order 13 boots.  Plenty of room.

The speedlaces are great, a very good boot overall.

I can get you contact info if you need for the VP.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 2:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, fight4yourrights.

This board is great!!!!

Tate
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top