Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2010 12:36:45 AM EDT
http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire-6px-pro-dual-output-led-200-15-lumens-flashlight.html

200/15 lumens

2.5/45 hours runtime

$79

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:43:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I already have plenty of surefires but I might have to buy one of those.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 12:54:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 1:33:00 AM EDT
[#4]
The head is fixed in these (glued) and cannot be removed, thus they cannot be upgraded with new heads/emitters as the technology improves.

But for the price I'm sure many people won't care.

These new lights provide good competition with Fenix. I love Fenix, but if I can get a Surefire made in the USA for a similar price, I'll buy Surefire.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:55:16 AM EDT
[#5]
those totally make their new stratum obsolete too!

I'm gonna look into a couple of these for Christmas presents this year

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 2:57:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
interesting. Sure beats the price on the LX2.

I don't know, I really like the lx2's features. size, 2 stage tailcap, reversible pocket clip, plus its a bit smaller than what these are gonna be.

Beats the price, sure. But for a pocket carry light I think I'd still go with the lx2.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Just placed an order for the 6Px.

Was going to buy the older 6p on closeout but figured I'd try the 200 lumen.

We shall see.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like Surefire finally is stepping up to the completion Fenix has been bringing for the last few years.

good for them, I do like Surefire.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know, I really like the lx2's features. size, 2 stage tailcap, reversible pocket clip, plus its a bit smaller than what these are gonna be.

Beats the price, sure. But for a pocket carry light I think I'd still go with the lx2.
Agree completely. LX2 is more of a personal survival tool and these are just utility lights. The price point reflects this IMHO.

I have an original L2 and its an awesome flashlight, although I kinda wish I could get it 'upgraded' to an L2x since the extra light output would be nice. But in any case, I have an M6 Guardian that I have for my "HOLY FUCK BRIGHT" fix
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a bunch of lights that perform at this level or higher. They were all ~$20 delivered from dealextreme. They all take multiple rechargeable formats. Every once in a while one will need some slight tinkering. Doesn't make me want to spend 4-10X the money somewhere else though.

I'll hook everyone right here and right now.
You're stupid if you don't buy this.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a bunch of lights that perform at this level or higher. They were all ~$20 delivered from dealextreme. They all take multiple rechargeable formats. Every once in a while one will need some slight tinkering. Doesn't make me want to spend 4-10X the money somewhere else though.

Some people actually rely on their lights in critical, perhaps even life-threatening, situations. That's one big reason Surefire is popular. Their lights tend to work when you need them, and they back them up with an outstanding warranty. You're not going to get that with some cheap-ass chinese craplight.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agree completely. LX2 is more of a personal survival tool and these are just utility lights. The price point reflects this IMHO.

I have an original L2 and its an awesome flashlight, although I kinda wish I could get it 'upgraded' to an L2x since the extra light output would be nice. But in any case, I have an M6 Guardian that I have for my "HOLY FUCK BRIGHT" fix

The M6.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=159186

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Hmm, I was thinking about upgrading to LED on my G2 but I can get the G2X for the same price.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Rechargeable formats tend to not always work when you really, really need them. Sure you can hot-rod the chinese lights with 3v rechargeable batteries, but when you need it and the bulb is blown, you are SOL.

So, you are saying stupid people don't by the dealxtreme little keychain lights? Color me stupid. I have a ASP Sapphire key light and it seems to be working just fine after many years. (lifetime replacement too) Let's see how your little lights hold up.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people actually rely on their lights in critical, perhaps even life-threatening, situations. That's one big reason Surefire is popular. Their lights tend to work when you need them, and they back them up with an outstanding warranty. You're not going to get that with some cheap-ass chinese craplight.

+1

I have a few Fenix lights...the 6px that I just ordered is going on my duty belt. I won't carry the Fenix on the belt.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:59:39 PM EDT
[#17]
My wife killed my Fenix. Walking the dog she dropped in from about 3' onto the sidewalk. Dead right there. With surefire, Streamlight, Inova or even Maglight i could have just sent it in for repair or replacement. No such luck with Fenix.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I have wanted a defender for a while for those places where weapons are not allowed.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks like Surefire finally is stepping up to the completion Fenix has been bringing for the last few years.

good for them, I do like Surefire.

But the Fenix lights have a removable head.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I wish Surefire would improve their UI.  It sure sounds like this is going to be a click once for high, click again for low, click again for high....

I fucking hate that UI.  Love the 4Sevens twist head UI for their "Tactical" line.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rechargeable formats tend to not always work when you really, really need them. Sure you can hot-rod the chinese lights with 3v rechargeable batteries, but when you need it and the bulb is blown, you are SOL.

So, you are saying stupid people don't by the dealxtreme little keychain lights? Color me stupid. I have a ASP Sapphire key light and it seems to be working just fine after many years. (lifetime replacement too) Let's see how your little lights hold up.

Quit your bitching and spend the $4.50. If you want something special that makes your asshole unpucker in life or death situations; fine, do that. Put one of these cheap lights on the zipper of your SO's purse, put them on the zippers of jackets, put them on the zippers of your camelback, leave one in that dash/console spot that never has anything in it. They're handy. They work great. You can lock them on. They're stupid cheap; delivered.

I didn't say that it had to be the piece of gear that you stake your life on day in and day out. I said that you're stupid if you don't take the deal. Don't be stupid. They work great for what they are.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is GD not lightfighter, and I gave the disclosure that some of them needed a tinkering; like a solder blob might need to be filed and a light smear of grease applied. The ones that were quirky were that way from the beginning, got fixed, and then never had any problems.

I have and have-had all sorts of lights. The cheap Chinese lights are getting damned good. If you hand wavingingly write them off as, "cheap Chinese crap," you're suffering from misconceptions. Candlepowerforums has all the answers. Or you could spend $20 on a toy and be surprised.

Quoted:
Rechargeable formats tend to not always work when you really, really need them.

You can run Li-ions in them if you want. The nice thing about the rechargeables is that you feel free to use the piss out of the lights.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Why can’t Surefire make some of their bad ass lights run on regular AA’s or at least make them rechargeable?  I love Surefire’s high quality but it’s really a PITA to have to buy those expensive special batteries.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

thats the shit you buy for kids to lose

I do buy those cheap ass light for exactly that purpose. Ive tried the chinese shit and they just don't work 100%

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top