Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 9:56:17 PM EDT
Anyone have opinions on this?  Looks clean, not sure what kind of miles the 7.3 gets but I hear it's pretty good.  Anything I should look for if I go look at the truck?  I don't know anything about diesels.  Thanks.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/1944376396.html

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Intended use?

Trucks are like guns.  If we know what you want to do with 'em, we can give you informed opinions of whether or not they are good tools for the job.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Going to be towing a light trailer, about 3300 pounds, and will be a daily driver ( I don't drive very much off work)
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Going to be towing a light trailer, about 3300 pounds, and will be a daily driver ( I don't drive very much off work)

Personally, I don't think you need a diesel to tow that, and a HD truck will ride rough for a daily driver.

Oil changes are expensive.

ETA:  It's your money.  If you want a diesel, get it.  Only you have to like it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#4]
That truck is overkill for the trailer you intend to pull, but if you're like me and just like diesels, then go for it.

My brother just sold his 4WD 7.3, and with 33 inch A/T tires and a programmer, he could hit 20 mpg on a trip, if he'd just keep his foot out of it. If he wanted to play, he could cause it to dip below 15 mpg. Around 9-10 mpg when pulling a 11K pound trailer.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#5]
It's just a 2 wheel drive?

I had a 2003 7.3 4x4, crew cab, short box. Bought it with 37k miles and sold it with 73k miles when I got laid off last April. There isn't a day that goes by I don't regret selling that truck. I miss it dearly and still dream about it 5 months later.  I sold it to a dealership for $19250, who then advertised it for $24,500 and it was sold within just a few days.

God I loved that truck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top