Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 6:27:52 PM EDT
I don't know what the fuck just happened.

I set a case, and a bullet, pulled the lever and my boat shoes are now a HazMat site  

The case going into the powder dump is smashed like when you have your seat die too low for the length of bullet you are seating.  But in this case it was the powder dump that smashed it.

Is there a spring that goes on the back behind the hopper?  It looks like there should be one there, but I have a stud on the powder arm, and a hole on the frame. No spring is in between.  

Does this make sense, the words that I am typing?  Ahhhhhhhh!  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#1]

do you have the powder return failsafe rod & spring that forces the bar closed upon the upstroke?

eta: PDF of powder measure parts...   http://www.dillonprecision.com/docs/Auto_Powder_System.pdf
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

do you have the powder return failsafe rod & spring that forces the bar closed upon the upstroke?

Yes?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:39:16 PM EDT
[#3]
added pdf of powder measure parts... spring on part 97034 & the failsafe rod
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]
My RCBS doesn't do that.  Make sure you check every round you loaded in that batch if it was vomiting powder everywhere. Or did it just vomit a single load's worth of powder?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#5]
The most important question no one has asked.

THIS IS VITAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF are you doing wearing BOAT SHOES???????????????????????
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

My RCBS doesn't do that.  Make sure you check every round you loaded in that batch if it was vomiting powder everywhere. Or did it just vomit a single load's worth of powder?

Everything was normal until, drastically it was not.

I think the return spring and it's attachment point left for parts unknown, without permission.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Rise the powder measure die up. Sometimes it helps if you tighten down the shell holder a bit. Sometimes if the mouth of the case will catch on the inside of the powder drop and drop powder all over the place. If you tighten up the shell holder and make sure the case lines up with the center of the powder measure station.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:48:46 PM EDT
[#8]
So the powder dump smashed the case like the angry fist of god? I've had a shotgun press do that and a load of #6 all over the floor is fun. I never knew 1 ounce of shot covered so large an area.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#9]
1-800-223-4570

Sorry man
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top