Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 9:02:08 AM EDT
Looking for some books to download for KINDLE on my PC to pass my free time in Afghanistan
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:07:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Londonistan

This is a good look at what could happen here if we crack the door for Islam.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't you get the classics free?  Start there.  Wish I had time to read now.  Darn kids.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:24:56 AM EDT
[#3]
"Lone Survivor."  About the Navy SEALs in Afghanistan.  Good read.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:26:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Looking for some books to download for KINDLE on my PC to pass my free time in Afghanistan

If you like bad science fiction, Ringo's Posleen War series is free for download. links are on his wikipedia page.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:29:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just finished In Harms Way by Doug Stanton.

A recounting of the sinking of the USS Indianapolis.

Good book.

Also, The Imperial Cruise by James Bradley is a very informative book that goes into some
historical detail about what lead the Japanese to attack the United States in 1941.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Ill check them out. Righ now I have Sum of All fear and Debt of Honor. Lone Survivor was an amazing book. Thanks for the suggestions keep them coming
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:02:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Without Remorse - Tom Clancy

Great book. One of my all time favorites.

Also some other books I would suggest, but they are not on kindle.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"Ghost Wars"..since you are there.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Robinson Crusoe. Should be able to get it free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top