Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/8/2010 3:53:31 PM EDT
I'll give my opinion after I see where this thread goes.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Who?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'll give my opinion after I see where this thread goes.....

If that's you Mike, loose the ear rings.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I'd rather watch 10,000 hours of SWAT Magazine TV or Best Defense Survival than watch 10 minutes of the Kardashians or some other reality show bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think I'd rather watch 10,000 hours of SWAT Magazine TV or Best Defense Survival than watch 10 minutes of the Kardashians or some other reality show bullshit.

+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You can always just mute the Kardashians and watch Kim....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can always just mute the Kardashians and watch Kim....

Knowing what a vapid whore she is sort of kills any attraction there.  Sort of like how I feel about my ex-wife.

Rob & Michael seem like good guys though.  I'd buy 'em a beer anytime.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:04:01 PM EDT
[#7]
There is some decent stuff on there.  The guy is a capitalist and he's making money.  Can you blame him?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:06:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't agree with all that they say, but I always get something out of every show that I watch (Best Defense and Best Defense Survival)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:09:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I like'em, watch most of their shows
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#11]
If the choice of TV programing involves guns , shooting and gear  vs some sort of reality show bullshit , Ill go with the guns,shooting and gear everytime!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:22:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Do I get to vote? :)

(thanks much to those of you who watch the shows!)

-RJP
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#13]
As dumb and boring as the shows can be, it beats nothing I guess.

I wont make comments on specifs but that Bane guys kind of hard to take serious.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Wednesday night is gun show night in my house.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm a big fan. Sidenote I hope that the Banes are safe from the fire. I'm pretty sure that Alf the wonder beagle flew away ok.

And Janich and Pincus too if they live there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I like the shows.

Rob is a good guy that will even take time to answer emails and posts on his facebook for you about training and other related things,  adn not try to charge you for it or blow you off with " Take my class so I can explain better"

he is good stuff
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Every so often I go over to Mr Bane's website & read his latest on what's happening in the gun world. I think I first heard him on Tom Gresham's GunTalk, about the time they were discussing the AWB expiration. Or.. it could have been during the Lawful Commerce Protection Act vote, where John McCain stabbed us in the back (again). Either way, I like to see his take on the issues.

Don't have top tier cable, so haven't seen any of the TV shows.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:00:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I listen to Bane's podcast regularly.

Let's see, he's over 50, cranky, loves to shoot, is pretty libertarian, and is knowledgeable about rock and roll.

I think he's my fucking twin.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I have observed some of Rob's material on TOS and it seems to be squared away.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Never seen the shows, but years ago had the chance to train one-on-one with Pincus.  It was an extremely interesting session, I took quite a bit away from it, and he was an extremely gracious instructor.  I can't comment on his particular style and beliefs based upon my own lack of experience, but I'd wager that he's a more well-rounded and solidly based instructor than many out there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't really see Michael Bane as anything other than a TV host. I don't really recall him ever actually teaching anything or giving advice that wasn't extremely vague or common knowledge. I could be wrong' I've only been watching for a couple of years. ETA: Those multicam Hawaiian shirts are freekin sweet! Maybe not 80 bucks sweet, but sweet non-the-less.

Rob Pincus seems to absorb a lot, incorporate it, and give it back out. I think that's good. I find it interesting that he goes from instructor to instructor each week, on different shows, and they all seem to tell him to do things different. Somewhere between those who say "this is the only way," and those that say, "whatever works for you," seems to be where Pincus falls.

I know Pincus is a member here, but I don't know about Bane.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I like the shows.

I like that Rob will show everyday situations that everbody may face. I usually take something away from each show. He presents the information in a straightforward manner that makes it very easy to understand. Thanks Rob.

Mike seems to know his stuff and he seems to enjoy what he does and it shows. I like him.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm a fan.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Rob Pincus and his buddy Mike Janich are great. Even my sons enjoy them.
Michael Bane does a great job as an host and entertainer, which is his thing, just like training is for the other guys.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Bane shot one of my ARs from a helicopter on the ITRC Shooting Gallery show.  He seems like a nice guy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#27]
If we are talking about the same guy, Rob had an account here a few years ago and I exchanged PM's with him regarding his DVD's. Seemed like a good guy and was cool about answering questions.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:54:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I took a Pincus class.

It was good, even though he yelled at me for doing what he said to do :)

I'd take another, and his NRA dvds are pretty good.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Rob posted in this thread

Check your 6

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#30]
I figured it was a setup.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I DVR every episode
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#32]
We have 5 kids. Sometimes I don't know why we have other channels since we only watch Disney. If there is a shooting show on that I'm missing let me know the name so I can DVR it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Between watching any of the gun shows verses some tofu eating #$^&# choke down a worm on a reality show............I think you know the answer to that question.

Regardless, I actually do pick up some interesting information on many of the shows.  Pincus, Bane, Scouten and the rest of them do a good job in my opinion.  I can see where it would be hard to come up with 10+ shows informing people how to IMPROVE instead of just doing the YouTube base ball bat to the balls and saying "probably not the best way to handle the situation".

I REALLY enjoy the different caliber penetration tests that they run periodically.  Unlike some of the folks that float through here that just don't seem to get it, they show VIDEO of it to prove it.  Yes, you can kill your neighbor using your XXXXXX (you pick it) when that bullet goes through 8 sheets of drywall, your vinyl siding and their window. Doh!  Regardless of it being a pistol caliber, its going to go somewhere and you need to educate yourself.

Same with the personal defense tips.  Bubba might be real pissed off at you when you cut his hamstring, but he's not going to run you down after that.

I'll keep watching!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Worked for the man....

you will not find better in

Diversity

Knowledge

Innovation

Application

"T.N.P.E.T.W"
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#35]
I find Michael Bane and Rob Pincus very entertaining and informative.  I DVR all their shows.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#36]
I enjoy the Michael Bane blog and DownRangetv.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:06:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I DVR every episode

Same here.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Read your blog occasionally.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I like Bane, I know him, great guy... I won't comment on Pincus, because I don't know him, and I get suspended every time I make a "other than nice" comment on someone who may be a member here (even though they are a "public" figure).

In the end, Instructors are all trying to get people in the same place, just different roads, different methods, different personalities. if they give something positive, good for them! A lot of animosity comes from pumping up a pretty weak background.

Some like to use marketing. We're all on the same side though...

...as long as you're not a former CA LE who got nailed for fraud or a former jewler/general of your 12 man Dept, who's never been in a gunfight/alcoholic.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I like the shows.

Rob is a good guy that will even take time to answer emails and posts on his facebook for you about training and other related things,  adn not try to charge you for it or blow you off with " Take my class so I can explain better"

he is good stuff

+1

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Homos.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I really enjoy the shows and usually take something away from the them.  My wife will even watch Best Defense and she usually gets some good info out of the show.  My DVR stays humming on Wednesday  Tripped me up when Outdoor Channel moved from 150 to 396 on Dish
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Do I get to vote? :)

(thanks much to those of you who watch the shows!)

-RJP

no since you obviously hate yourself. I like the shows and i'm glad that you guys try to teach things to people that may know nothing about firearms or survival. I'd like to see more quality equipment from bcm, larue, and other not so well known companies that make super quality equipment but i understand the whole sponsor thing. Keep up the good work.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#44]
I wish I had whatever channel these shows are on...never heard of either.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Show is coming on right now ... going to watch it

TS
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#46]
This thread reminds me, I need to call my provider and cancel those 2 channels.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#47]
I like em, I dont dig everything on the show, but its cool
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#48]
I like em. Best Defense is good stuff, especially the one that gives survival tips.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Their shows plus most of the other wednesday night at the range shows are the main thng I miss about cable.

Never met the guys but they seem fairly down to earth friendly and knowledgable.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#50]

i have to get the outdoor channel again.  i think it's like $5 a month on dish.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top