Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 3:47:19 PM EDT
I have a bunch of jalapeños and Grey Goose. I'm wondering if it will go with anything? I've also done the maraschino cherries in SoCo and it was great. Now i'm looking to kick it up a notch.

Anyone ever done this? What else will be good too?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:58:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Soak the peppers in vodka then light them on fire and eat them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I like where this thread is going. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't get sued...

Bartenders looking for greater Intellectual Property Rights on drink recipes - link
<...>
After the seminar, I spoke to Freeman, who admitted he came up with the idea for the talk after becoming fed up with other bartenders and establishments taking credit for and profiting from his recipes and techniques. (Fat washing, for example, the process by which a spirit can be infused with, say, bacon, was pioneered in part by Freeman, yet is often attributed to others.) "Someone needs to get sued ... to set a precedent," he told me.

"In no other creative business can you so easily identify money attached to your creative property," Freeman went on. "There is an implied commerce to our intellectual property. Yet we have less protection than anyone else."
<...>
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:16:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Bacon Vodka - link

Makes one pint

*Take some of your favorite bacon, and fry up about three strips. Or fry up bacon scraps if you wish.
*Add the cooked bacon to a squeaky clean pint sized mason jar.
For an extra kick, you can also add black peppercorns.
*Pour your fav vodka in the jar. Screw on the lid and place in a dark place for at least three weeks.(Refrigeration not necessary)
*At the end of the three weeks, put the jar in the freezer to solidify the fats. Strain out the fats through a coffee filter. You will now have a clear filtered pale yellow bacon vodka.
*Pour into a decorative bottle to give as a gift, or just drink it right from the jar.
Yeah baby!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Don't get sued...

Bartenders looking for greater Intellectual Property Rights on drink recipes - link

<...>

After the seminar, I spoke to Freeman, who admitted he came up with the idea for the talk after becoming fed up with other bartenders and establishments taking credit for and profiting from his recipes and techniques. (Fat washing, for example, the process by which a spirit can be infused with, say, bacon, was pioneered in part by Freeman, yet is often attributed to others.) "Someone needs to get sued ... to set a precedent," he told me.

"In no other creative business can you so easily identify money attached to your creative property," Freeman went on. "There is an implied commerce to our intellectual property. Yet we have less protection than anyone else."

<...>

As it's for personal use I don't see myself getting sued.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Don't get sued...

<...>

<...>

As it's for personal use I don't see myself getting sued.  

Might be tough to sue over bacon infused vodka, the Russians have been infusing vodka with all sorts of shit long before Freeman was born.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top