Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 9:59:19 AM EDT

Apparently walking makes you smarter. If this is true, I want to walk enough to eventually become as smart as Steven Hawking. Wait, that’s just wrong.

U.S. researchers suggest walking enhances brain circuit connectivity and brain function. Moderate walking for 40 minutes three times per week for a year –– rather than just stretching and toning –– helped increase brain function in older adults.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Absolutely.  I would assume any physical activity (walking, running, xc skiiing, bicycling, etc) would have the same effect.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Absolutely.  I would assume any physical activity (walking, running, xc skiiing, bicycling, etc) would have the same effect.

It does, most forms of exercise build up the brain by forming healthy pathways and releasing endorphins.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]
i would hope so as i tend to think a lot when i walk. if i could walk and post .................u get the idea
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top