Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 10:10:27 PM EDT

Not trolling or looking for bashing of any group.  I'm sure this gets mentioned, but I'm curious.

I'm not heavy into religion, but I'm confused why everyone goes out of their way to make Muslims feel comfortable in this country.  At the same time, there's countless "atheist" groups doing what they can to make Christians feel uncomfortable.  Christians can't pray, yet accommodations are made so Muslims can pray wherever they want, or else you're dubbed anti-Muslim and risk being investigated.

Thoughts? (This is not an anti anything post, I'm just not getting it)
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:24:27 PM EDT
[#1]
"And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world." (1 John 4:3)
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Because they're fucking evil, thats why. I know it's more complex than that, but in the end, it really just boils down to that...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:31:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Because they are the new blacks....blacks can call me what they want but how dare I call them what I want!?!?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I fully agree with you OP but you will only get a bunch of grief here because there are a ton of muslim lovers/Islam **** ******* found on this board.

Edit to be COC compliant.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure there are good muslims.  I'm sure they are hardworking and just as honest as the next person.  But when your holy book, which is supposed to be your guide to life, tells you to kill or enslave those who disagree with you, to beat your wife, and that its okay to marry kids, well than we have a problem.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#6]
We don't wanna go boom.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I fully agree with you OP but you will only get a bunch of grief here because there are a ton of muslim lovers/Islam d*** su***** found on this board.

I don't hate muslims....infact my neighbors are durka durka....awesome neighbors that are social and don't bitch when I have parties!  But there are extreamist within every religion and Christianity has got to be the worst man made fuck up ever!!!  Don't just single out Muslims...hate all religions as a whole;-)
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:39:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Because people want to believe they are tolerant and sophisticated when they really are not.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I fully agree with you OP but you will only get a bunch of grief here because there are a ton of muslim lovers/Islam d*** su***** found on this board.

I don't hate muslims....infact my neighbors are durka durka....awesome neighbors that are social and don't bitch when I have parties!  But there are extreamist within every religion and Christianity has got to be the worst man made fuck up ever!!!  Don't just single out Muslims...hate all religions as a whole;-)

I don't think you are going to be here very long.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We don't wanna go boom.

We can make bigger booms then they can.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We don't wanna go boom.

We can make bigger booms then they can.

Yeah, but he can and probably will make my car boom.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I'm saying is before one points fingers make sure your hands are clean
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:44:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#14]
heard a good point on talk radio today about the dude burning to koran.

paraphrasing-

people all over the world disgrace symbols of christianity and the american flag. We are expected to tolerate it as diversit of opinion and freedom of expression. Not once do you hear someone threatening to kill people over burning a flag or pissing on a jesus painting or turning a cross into something disgusting.  You don't even hear people worried about retaliations from americans or christians when our smbols are destroyed or dsgraced.

Now some guy comes along that wants to burn the muslim book as a form of expression and the fucking press dares to say that the blood of american troops will be on his hands if he does it because the muslims will voew to kill anyone who does this and take it out on our troops over there as well.

It just goes to show you how deep we are into this PC bullshit.  Everyone is worried about accomidating the people who want to fucking murder us for free speech and even blame US when they do it  all the while shitting all over the people who really are tolerant of even the most offensive displays of opinion by anti american and anti christians .

Every time someone talks about tolerance i want to shove my foot up their ass and see how tolerant they can be.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:51:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

paraphrasing-

people all over the world disgrace symbols of christianity and the american flag. We are expected to tolerate it as diversit of opinion and freedom of expression. Not once do you hear someone threatening to kill people over burning a flag or pissing on a jesus painting or turning a cross into something disgusting.  You don't even hear people worried about retaliations from americans or christians when our smbols are destroyed or dsgraced.

Now some guy comes along that wants to burn the muslim book as a form of expression and the fucking press dares to say that the blood of american troops will be on his hands if he does it because the muslims will voew to kill anyone who does this and take it out on our troops over there as well.

It just goes to show you how deep we are into this PC bullshit.  Everyone is worried about accomidating the people who want to fucking murder us for free speech and even blame US when they do it  all the while shitting all over the people who really are tolerant of even the most offensive displays of opinion by anti american and anti christians .

Every time someone talks about tolerance i want to shove my foot up their ass and see how tolerant they can be.

Come on it's only 2 muslims that support killing.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So how terrorist attacks have been done in the name of Christianity since 9/11? Try maybe.....0. There have been over 15,000 done in the name of Islam so there is no way you can say Christianity is more F***** up then Islam is. Islam is pure evil. Jesus/Christianity is nothing but loving tolerance.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

paraphrasing-

Please excuse my ignorance as I am not American...  But isn't that the whole point of being American?  Being bigger than the other guy?  Honestly if I woke up tomorrow and they turned that sandbox into glass I really couldn't care less!  But still...I thought America was all about shrugging of the morons and all about looking for trouble!?  Thought the whole American ideals where "you do what you do...but if you touch me I'll kill you!"...

Guarentee if they try to burn a flag over here on American soil things will get ugly...as it should.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not trolling or looking for bashing of any group.  I'm sure this gets mentioned, but I'm curious.

I'm not heavy into religion, but I'm confused why everyone goes out of their way to make Muslims feel comfortable in this country.  At the same time, there's countless "atheist" groups doing what they can to make Christians feel uncomfortable.  Christians can't pray, yet accommodations are made so Muslims can pray wherever they want, or else you're dubbed anti-Muslim and risk being investigated.

Thoughts? (This is not an anti anything post, I'm just not getting it)

Actually, Yes.  You are trolling

––The Atheist.

ETA: If being honest about how dumb most religions appear to be counts as working to make someone uncomfortable, Mea Culpa.  
If not wanting to foot the bill for their cult marketing or have my government branded as belonging to their cult counts as working to make someone uncomfortable, Mea Culpa.

If Christians think they're the only ones recieving this treatment, they're wrong.  I have equal contempt for all superstitions and cults.  Christianity just happens to be the one most frequently trying to dig in my pocket and restrict my activities in the US.  If it was Flying Spaghetti Monsterists I'd be working against those efforts on their part too.  

If it was Muslims, I'd be......Never mind.  I'm not allowed to say that here.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Guarentee if they try to burn a flag over here on American soil things will get ugly...as it should.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:07:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So how terrorist attacks have been done in the name of Christianity since 9/11? Try maybe.....0. There have been over 15,000 done in the name of Islam so there is no way you can say Christianity is more F***** up then Islam is. Islam is pure evil. Jesus/Christianity is nothing but loving tolerance.

before 9/11 most all worldly problems revolved around religion in general....all I'm implying is religion itself is a dangerous thing that many have killed innocent people over for thousands of years!  This is nothing new to anyone:-(
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

paraphrasing-

Please excuse my ignorance as I am not American...  But isn't that the whole point of being American?  Being bigger than the other guy?  Honestly if I woke up tomorrow and they turned that sandbox into glass I really couldn't care less!  But still...I thought America was all about shrugging of the morons and all about looking for trouble!?  Thought the whole American ideals where "you do what you do...but if you touch me I'll kill you!"...

maybe you missed my point. My point was that we ARE that America. We DO tolerate the idiots.  Im referring to people trying to tell us to be more tolerant when it is clear by the fact that WE are NOT the ones who murder people over opinions and expression that they need to direct their tolerance horseshit over to the people who deserve it.

If we want to burn the muslim book and they want to burn some flags that's great. But don't try to blame us when they murder people in retaliation to free speech.  Also the muslim thing in new york. Nobody is arguing to FORCE them not to build their mosque there. People are simply asking them not to and voicing their opinions about it. If they build their mosque america WILL tolerate it because that's how we roll.  Try and build a christian church next to their big black square thingy though and see how tolerant they will be.  When they burn it to the ground and murder the people inside of the church the asshole son the left will blame the christians for the blood spilled and tell us we aren't tolerant enough of the muslim murder of the christians.  

It's just fucking ridiculous they try and blame everyone except the people who are actually doing wrong.  When was the last time you heard someone tell the fucking muslims that they need to be more tolerant ?  They are the ones who chant death to america and death to the jews and death to the christians and death to the infidels.  Not us.  That's why i want to shove my foot up someones ass wwho is preaching tolerance.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:13:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Because the Powers The Be are a bunch of leftist, pandering cunts.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:15:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Jesus is PISSED!

That is all.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:15:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Because the Powers The Be are a bunch of leftist, pandering cunts.

/Thread
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:16:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Because this is GD, common sense doesn't apply here.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

if you deface a picture of jesus what are your odds of getting a death threat from the head of a church telling all supporters to kill you?  Im agnostic but Im also fully aware that modern christiannity has evolved and the wackos comprise maybe one percent .  Modern islam Id say the extreme wackos who are far more dangerous than the christian wackos wwhen you look at crimes commited and statistics are probbly close to 50 percent of the religion.

The religion isn't evil but a great deal of it's followers use it for evil with lukewarm support from a majority of it's followers.  In the christian religion the extreme are outcasts and LOUDLY rejected by a vast majority of the religion.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:19:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you deface a picture of jesus what are your odds of getting a death threat from the head of a church telling all supporters to kill you?

Wrong question.  Try this:  If you're a queer, a Jew or a black guy with a white girlfriend in west texas or Mississippi, what are the odds of you getting dragged behind a truck by "christians"  until you're dead?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

paraphrasing-

maybe you missed my point. My point was that we ARE that America. We DO tolerate the idiots.  Im referring to people trying to tell us to be more tolerant when it is clear by the fact that WE are NOT the ones who murder people over opinions and expression that they need to direct their tolerance horseshit over to the people who deserve it.

If we want to burn the muslim book and they want to burn some flags that's great. But don't try to blame us when they murder people in retaliation to free speech.  Also the muslim thing in new york. Nobody is arguing to FORCE them not to build their mosque there. People are simply asking them not to and voicing their opinions about it. If they build their mosque america WILL tolerate it because that's how we roll.  Try and build a christian church next to their big black square thingy though and see how tolerant they will be.  When they burn it to the ground and murder the people inside of the church the asshole son the left will blame the christians for the blood spilled and tell us we aren't tolerant enough of the muslim murder of the christians.  

It's just fucking ridiculous they try and blame everyone except the people who are actually doing wrong.  When was the last time you heard someone tell the fucking muslims that they need to be more tolerant ?  They are the ones who chant death to america and death to the jews and death to the christians and death to the infidels.  Not us.  That's why i want to shove my foot up someones ass wwho is preaching tolerance.

Very sorry for the confusion, I indeed missed your point:-(.  I'm not American but I was in Pennsylvania on the day 9/11 happened....first thing I thought was nuke em all!  I don't just hate them, I hate most all religion yet most my family is 7th day Adventist!  I went to a Christian academy and the more I listened the more I resented it!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you deface a picture of jesus what are your odds of getting a death threat from the head of a church telling all supporters to kill you?

Wrong question.  Try this:  If you're a queer, a Jew or a black guy with a white girlfriend in west texas or Mississippi, what are the odds of you getting dragged behind a truck by "christians"  until you're dead?

thank god I'm not the only one who sees the hypocrisy in Christianity....seriously thought I was all alone here:-(

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:24:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

paraphrasing-

Very sorry for the confusion, I indeed missed your point:-(.  I'm not American but I was in Pennsylvania on the day 9/11 happened....first thing I thought was nuke em all!  I don't just hate them, I hate most all religion yet most my family is 7th day Adventist!  I went to a Christian academy and the more I listened the more I resented it!

Im not religious at all i just recognize that Christianity does nore good than bad in this world nowdays by a large margin and I see islam doing a lot more bad than good.  Just an observation and people telling us to be tollerant of islam whil telling us to hate christians seems to piss me off a bit.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:32:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Atheist hate christians for spreading their beliefs and "forcing their views".  Ok fine, I'll apologize on their behalf.

However, how is it any different than what atheists do?  Marching on, demanding roadside crosses be removed, wanting to change the Pledge and currency since it contains the evil "God" word.  Sounds like a crusade, forcing their views and demanding their belief reign supreme in this country.  Hypocrites.

Point is, certain faith based religions are free to exist here in the name of PC.  That's what I don't get.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#32]

Oh I'm not saying to be tolerant of their Moronic behavior!!!  I'm just saying "why just hate that one religion for it's problems
when more have been murdered in the name of god in general?"....but like every religion, it's all generally "good" but people turn it any which way to do evil with it eventually.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Im not religious at all i just recognize that Christianity does nore good than bad in this world nowdays by a large margin and I see islam doing a lot more bad than good.  Just an observation and people telling us to be tollerant of islam whil telling us to hate christians seems to piss me off a bit.

Yep.  "Christians" brought us the Holocaust, the Manhattan Project, Vietnam, both gulf wars, the war on drugs and the war on terror.  The occasional canned food drive definitely outweighs all that.

(edited for clarity)
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:37:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Atheist hate christians for spreading their beliefs and "forcing their views".  Ok fine, I'll apologize on their behalf.

However, how is it any different than what atheists do?  Marching on, demanding roadside crosses be removed, wanting to change the Pledge and currency since it contains the evil "God" word.  Sounds like a crusade, forcing their views and demanding their belief reign supreme in this country.  Hypocrites.

because there are assholes everywhere...which is pretty much my whole point I'm trying to make

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:39:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Oh I'm not saying to be tolerant of their Moronic behavior!!!  I'm just saying "why just hate that one religion for it's problems

when more have been murdered in the name of god in general?"....but like every religion, it's all generally "good" but people turn it any which way to do evil with it eventually.
god is just a manifest of mankind. Without religion men would wage war over the same old stuff. land and power.  

I rally think nothing would be different as far as wars go. I look at religion today more than in the past.  modern religions have all pretty much evolved to be tolerant and non violent to others.  A majority of islam doesn't seem to want to evolve the way other religions have from the brrutal old ways.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Point is, certain faith based religions are free to exist here in the name of PC.  That's what I don't get.

This is dumb.  You're saying that it violates your rights to NOT be able to brand everyone else's public property with YOUR religious symbols and parapenalia.  That's fucking horse shit.  

Do what you want.  Just do it on your own time, dime and property, and no atheist will have anything mean to say to you.  (At least not until you tell him the world's only 6k years old.  he'll lose it and laugh in your face if that happens)
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:41:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And in all fairness...seperation of church and state does not mean "excluding Christianity" maybe it's the athiest who are trying to stop the hypocritical bull crap that has been happening way to long!?  They may also be the people to sue black people for calling whites "honkey"....I sure hope so!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top