Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2002 2:49:27 PM EDT
What a freaking joke the IRS is, according to this article, the IRS paid out $30 MILLION dollars in credits to people claiming a slavery reparation credit in 2000 and 2001. WHERE IN THE HELL IS THAT LINE ITEM ON MY TAX FORMS?? The IRS needs to be abolished!

Here's the story:

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020413/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/irs_slave_reparations_2[/url]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#1]
hahahaha,  more power to em

god bless anyone who can get money from the IRS
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#2]
What a bunch of shit. These modern day blacks have never been slaves, have never suffered. They want everybody to pay them reparations because thier great great great grand parents were slaves.How do they figure everything will be ok for slavery if we pay them? Its just another liberal money grab. My relatives weren't even in this country when slavery happened. Why the fuck should I have to pay? This reparations thing pisses me off to no end.
CAPITALIST
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
hahahaha,  more power to em

god bless anyone who can get money from the IRS
View Quote

Sometimes we forget that IRS money is really OUR MONEY. So basically people who are stealing from the IRS are stealing from the taxpayers. Know what I mean?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't mistake my amusement at someone getting over on the IRS as my condoning reperations for someone who personally hasn't endured slavery.

I am sure the IRS will get back anyway, plus some disgusting interest.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I thought about posting that one too. Apparently the tax payers mostly really thought that they were entitled to something because there was some scam in some black communities regarding claims of reparation payments, I think con men were charging people to "show them how to get the reparations."
View Quote

So, I guess stupidity is their defense. I sure as hell hope the IRS goes after that money instead of just "writing off" the loss like so many govt agencies do. The people who sent in these tax forms need to be held responsible, whether they were conned or not. HOW HARD IS IT TO CALL THE 800 # OF THE IRS AND ASK THEM IF THERE IS SUCH A THING AS A SLAVERY REPARATIONS TAX CREDIT????? It's called Cover your Ass! I'm so sick of people getting away with things because they dont have brains enough to check it out for themselves and not take people word for it. They wanted that tax credit whether legal or not, it's up to the IRS to filter erroneous forms. People are going to try things whether legal or not, I lay the blame on the IRS for this one. There should have been NO money paid on this false credit. And the people who submitted the forms should be prosecuted for their stupidity!
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Doesn't anyone else think it odd that the IRS [b]did not f*cking catch people claiming a five figure "tax credit" that was larger than the average american's adjusted gross income[/b]?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of my family died fighting in that war for them.Think thell give me some of thier money?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Some of my family died fighting in that war for them.Think thell give me some of thier money?
View Quote

Good Point!
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:33:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:37:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 3:49:15 PM EDT
[#12]
In 2000 and the first four months of 2001, Williams said, more than $30 million in erroneous reparations payments were paid. After April of last year, a computer program developed by the inspector general identified an additional $16.1 million in claims before they were paid.
View Quote

It's good that they caught that.

The Washington Post, citing an unidentified official, reported that one IRS employee is under investigation for allegedly helping process returns that claimed the credit. At least 12 current and former IRS employees, all low-level workers in processing centers, applied to receive such a credit, the newspaper report said.
View Quote

So there are a dozen black IRS workers themselves who pulled a scam and gave themselves the $40k credit...

Link Posted: 4/13/2002 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#13]
How in hell did the IRS send out checks for $43,000 without a warning sign going off? The IRS is a freaking joke like the INS. The IRS seems to now a mole problem. A $500 fine? Let's see, keep the $43,000 and pay the $500 fine or give the money back? Damn black folks aren't that dumb. That money is also tax free!  Imagine what kind of firearms you could buy with that check.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like the entire black community is in it.

"But rumors and erroneous reports of the existence of slavery tax credits have circulated, prompting claims to the IRS for the credits. Claims in 2001 amounted to $2.7 billion."

2.7 billion! Damn, that's all I can say.  

Link Posted: 4/13/2002 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#15]
More power to them.  I hope they drain the entire federal government, deserving or not.  At least the money won't go into making more bombs.  And yeah, I realize some of it's "my money" but I haven't had any say in where "my money" gets spent for a long time so it's just as well going to some black folks as into the welfare/warfare state.  Maybe the blacks will go out and buy new BMWs, Mercedes' and Lexuses or some cool ass Hilfiger jeans. Hell, they might even buy some gats!  Good for the economy.  I feel I'm deserving of some reparations, too--all the money I paid into the system my entire working life.  If they could cut me a check for that amount and then never tax me again, well I'd be overjoyed.  I don't want what wasn't mine to begin with (EIC, anyone?).

Link Posted: 4/13/2002 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm sure I'll get flamed or maybe beaten up for saying this, but, anyone that is a direct decendent of slaves should get down on their knees and thank the lord for the lives they have in America. They sure as hell wouldn't have the luxury or freedom from disease if they were still back in Africa.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
anyone that is a direct decendent of slaves should get down on their knees and thank the lord for the lives they have in America. They sure as hell wouldn't have the luxury or freedom from disease if they were still back in Africa.
View Quote

Comments like this bug me in a big way--"Don't complain, you're better off than you would've been.  Forget the injustice!"

That said, I think the whole concept of Reparations is moronic, with one exception:

I think anyone, who can prove they are the decendant of someone who was held in slavery in this country should be entitled to a one-way plane ticket to whatever country their ancestors call home.  Additionally, some modest fund sshould be provided for these people (the 40 acres and a mule) to allow them to pick up in their new home.

The condition?  They lose their American citizenship, and are forever barred from returning to this country on anything other than a tourist visa.  No turning back.

I'd gladly support my tax dollars going to such a program--you think you don't belong in america, who are we to "keep" you here. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top