Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice boom stick
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:41:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  I just need 2 XTM covers (1 for each side) and a bipod and it will be complete.  

I think I'll turn this into a "post your favorite AR" thread.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
What upper? Looks like my BCM 16"middy with the 12" LaRue freefloat rail. Is that a YHM front sight? The rear looks like an ARMs. I'll post pics tomorrow of mine when I get the chance.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What upper? Looks like my BCM 16"middy with the 12" LaRue freefloat rail. Is that a YHM front sight? The rear looks like an ARMs. I'll post pics tomorrow of mine when I get the chance.

It's a custom PK Firearms RRA upper with a 16" mid-length Wilson barrel (1/7 twist chrome), 12" YHM Diamond Rail, YHM flip sights (front and back), and Vortex flash hider.

I almost went with the exact same setup as yours from BCM, but just couldn't justify the extra money.  

Dang, I just noticed my rear sight is half way flipped.  No wonder you thought it was an ARMs.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a custom PK Firearms RRA upper with a 16" mid-length Wilson barrel (1/7 twist chrome), 12" YHM Diamond Rail, YHM flip sights (front and back), and Vortex flash hider.

I almost went with the exact same setup as yours from BCM, but just couldn't justify the extra money.  

Dang, I just noticed my rear sight is half way flipped.  No wonder you thought it was an ARMs.

Haha! Yeah, it looked like an ARMS 40 at first glance, but I knew damn well that was a YHM up front...got the same one. As for my upper, I got a sweet deal on it from Gunbroker. I only have a little over $650.00 in it. Nice rifle, BTW.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#7]
All looks good!!! Except for the commercial receiver extension...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a very similar set up.

DPMS lower, RRA upper, 16" barrel, 12" YHM Diamond rail. Biggest difference is mine is black. That and a few gadgets on the end of mine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've got a very similar set up.

DPMS lower, RRA upper, 16" barrel, 12" YHM Diamond rail. Biggest difference is mine is black. That and a few gadgets on the end of mine.

What kind of gadgets?  Post pics  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Needs a few more XTM's (like you said) but other than that, great lookin rifle.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#11]
place holder...love this Kool-aid

Note** I am waiting on my Gear Selector light mount (damn USPS) Then I think we can call this stick complete....................for now Need to add a Battle Comp brake to that.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
All looks good!!! Except for the commercial receiver extension...

What can I say, I like to have more options.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:01:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Okay, here's mine.... I need to get ahold of a decent sling, but this rifle has become my favorite, except for my KISS carbine.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:04:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:10:02 AM EDT
[#15]
But does it have the best ar invention EVAR?? you need to know when the dust cover is open....or whatever it did.

Great build. Looks really good. Do want!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:27:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:48:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:53:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Okay, here's mine.... I need to get ahold of a decent sling, but this rifle has become my favorite, except for my KISS carbine.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v602/jeyster/Picture008a.jpg

Looks really good.  Carbines and rifles just look funny to me now after I started seeing middy's with rifle length hand guards.

I almost ordered an AFG like that, because I don't like the vertical grips.  But before I ordered it, I spaced out the XTM panels and I'm really liking the big gaps because it creates the perfect spots for my hands to grip onto.  My thumb and fore finger goes right into the gaps on each side and gives me a really solid grip.  And if I need more leverage, I can just move my hand down to the next gap.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:57:58 AM EDT
[#20]

Is there something you're trying to tell us?

If you're coming out of the closet, just kick the door off the hinges!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:59:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#22]
It's so fabulous how we see all these color/accent coordinated ARs nowadays.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:24:23 AM EDT
[#23]
i like kool-aid.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:38:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You know what's fabulous? The fact that it bothers you what other people do!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:39:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bothers me?

Not in the least.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:43:28 AM EDT
[#26]
CMMG 16" Middie w/ Aimpoint.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:47:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Why don't you go tell that to these guys...

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:56:00 AM EDT
[#28]

There is no comparison between soldiers in the desert looking to reduce contrast by spray-painting their weapons and a civilian back home putting on just enough of the right color-matched matched parts to look good.

Don't get all butt-hurt by my observation. If you like the way it looks, then great! Like I said, though, it seems sorta 'fabulous' to me to color-accent a weapon. (Painting it to reduce that 'black contrast' is another matter.)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:00:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

There is no comparison between soldiers in the desert looking to reduce contrast by spray-painting their weapons and a civilian back home putting on just enough of the right color-matched matched parts to look good.

Don't get all butt-hurt by my observation. If you like the way it looks, then great! Like I said, though, it seems sorta 'fabulous' to me to color-accent a weapon. (Painting it to reduce that 'black contrast' is another matter.)

I get a kick out of the guys busting their butts to find the PERFECT match to some company's FDE or whatever color...

It's meant to be camo, guys. You're not wallpapering your dining room.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:06:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

How is it any different?  You justify your emotions like a lib.  By your logic, I guess we're all "fabulous" since we own and shoot ARs since we really don't "need" military looking guns to shoot paper targets.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:13:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is it any different?  You justify your emotions like a lib.  By your logic, I guess we're all "fabulous" since we own and shoot ARs since we really don't "need" military looking guns to shoot paper targets.

INTERNET FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Looks good
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:14:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at the pictures you posted of the soldier's weapons.

Then look at the pictures of your carbine.

Notice how form follows function in the first example? Ya, that's what I'm talking about. They didn't spray paint their carbines to look good; they spray painted them because black sticks out. Also note that they don't have perfectly matched and spaced out covers on their rails or anything 'cosmetic' like that.

But, and I mean this, if it floats your boat, do it! Of course, this is GD, so you're going to get some opinions, like it or not.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:28:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at the pictures you posted of the soldier's weapons.

Then look at the pictures of your carbine.

Notice how form follows function in the first example? Ya, that's what I'm talking about. They didn't spray paint their carbines to look good; they spray painted them because black sticks out. Also note that they don't have perfectly matched and spaced out covers on their rails or anything 'cosmetic' like that.

But, and I mean this, if it floats your boat, do it! Of course, this is GD, so you're going to get some opinions, like it or not.

You come in here and call me fabulous because I use plastic to break up the black on my rifle, just as those soldiers are doing by painting theirs.  Even if I painted it, you would probably say the same thing about me getting the pattern "perfect".  

I guess I should just put my plastic on like a retard so that it's ugly enough to be a man's rifle.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:41:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bothers me?

Not in the least.

Notice my "winky" icon... oh fuck even that came out wrong. For what it's worth, I got the different XTMs to break up the rifle a little. It might come in handy someday, and it's a lot less hassle than painting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top