Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 5:59:20 PM EDT
I realized this weekend that because I had a motorcycle learners permit my drivers license expired when the learners permit expired.  Usually you have 10 years.  This created a problem because I needed to catch a flight this afternoon and then rent a car.

I ran to the DMV this morning to take care of the license problem.  On the way I ran into a bunch of traffic because they decided to close up one of the busiest intersections in town.    Thankfully I have the habit of leaving early because of my bad luck.  I get there and they are putting the finishing touches on their brand new licensing system and lucky for me I am the first person to go through the new process.  

I get to the FL airport and go to rent a car.  The car that was supposed to be direct bill was not so the rental car company wanted to hold $400 on top of week of rental fees.  I don't keep credit cards, just a debit card.  Thankfully the travel agency took care of that quickly.  

The drive from Orlando to Ocala went well.  I cannot believe how green everything is.  There is a section of road South of Ocala that looks like a jungle comes right up to the road.  I got checked into the hotel and grabbed some food, that also went well.  Then came the return to the hotel.  I go to walk into the lobby and run into a guy wearing high heals, jeans and a t-shirt.  
With my luck he'll be returning to the room next door.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah..another members wife just passed..i dont think you have it that bad...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]
could be worse.... the shemale could want to get in your room....
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ouch.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Sorry to hear that.  I didn't see that thread nor would I ever compare my thread to something like that.  I cannot imagine.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#5]
You're in Ocala now? What are you down here for? We should do lunch .
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like your luck was pretty good till the guy with heels showed up.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#7]
If you had bad luck he would have been in your room on your bed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I realized this weekend that because I had a motorcycle learners permit my drivers license expired when the learners permit expired.  Usually you have 10 years.  This created a problem because I needed to catch a flight this afternoon and then rent a car.

I ran to the DMV this morning to take care of the license problem.  On the way I ran into a bunch of traffic because they decided to close up one of the busiest intersections in town.    Thankfully I have the habit of leaving early because of my bad luck.  I get there and they are putting the finishing touches on their brand new licensing system and lucky for me I am the first person to go through the new process.  

I get to the FL airport and go to rent a car.  The car that was supposed to be direct bill was not so the rental car company wanted to hold $400 on top of week of rental fees.  I don't keep credit cards, just a debit card.  Thankfully the travel agency took care of that quickly.  

The drive from Orlando to Ocala went well.  I cannot believe how green everything is.  There is a section of road South of Ocala that looks like a jungle comes right up to the road.  I got checked into the hotel and grabbed some food, that also went well.  Then came the return to the hotel.  I go to walk into the lobby and run into a guy wearing high heals, jeans and a t-shirt.  

With my luck he'll be returning to the room next door.

With your luck, he will be your bunkmate.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:04:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry, didnt mean to be a debbie downer, just went from one thread to another and dunno, his really put things in perspective...really feel for the guy...good luck w/ the dude in heals
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:01:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Sorry, didnt mean to be a debbie downer, just went from one thread to another and dunno, his really put things in perspective...really feel for the guy...good luck w/ the dude in heals

I hear you man.  I just read the thread right before coming back here.  I'm going to shut my mouth and be thankful for all that I have.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top