Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2010 4:14:46 PM EDT
Im on the phone right now with tigerdirect, every time I go into hold I hear several people talking, carrying on conversations that have nothing to do with the place I am calling. I first hung up the phone thinking someone was using it, but noone is.

So I call back, im on hold and I hear it again. I hear two women talking and she says "wow I really cannot believe it, I found my dream home......$100,000..... and the other women says something.

When the people at tigerdirect finally answer they could hear it for a second or two and then it stopped on both of our lines.

He goes to talk to his manager and puts me on hold, again I hear another women but it goes something like " Yeah what the fuck....."

Again the guy answers and says he heard it to.

So WTF? Ghosts coming through?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Let us know when it they start discussing murder plots or hot girl-girl.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yell really loud, and see if they can hear you.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#3]
They couldnt hear me.

I just yelled that I was being stabbed, either they didnt care, or didnt hear me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#4]
almost sounds like a party line, retro baby, retro .  when I was a kid we had party lines, no it's not that kind of "party"  you young punks (anybody under the age of 45)  are thinking of. i t was one telephone  line where a few phones were connected to,  and you shared that one line.   if you wanted to make a call and  another party was on it, the other party had to get off the line so you could make the call.  or if you were nosey,  you could listen to other people's conversations.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Cordless phone did that when I lived in a apartment complex, try to talk the women into giving you some pussy, thats what I used to do.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#6]
The voices are just in your head.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Cordless?  Change channels on it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Cordless phone did that when I lived in a apartment complex, try to talk the women into giving you some pussy, thats what I used to do.

But why doesnt it only happen when I'm on hold and the shitty music is playing, and within 3 seconds of being taken off of hold it goes away?

We have had this phone for 5 years and never had this occur before
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like something in their phone system. If you are hearing it on all calls sounds like the line is crossed. Call your provider and have them test the line. It only takes one squirrel bite and a bit of rain or a terminal full of ants to make for a long day for the telephone repairman.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top