Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 1:10:50 PM EDT
Tue Sep 7, 12:10 pm ET

Obama channels Hendrix on critics: ‘They talk about me like a dog’

By Holly Bailey

Has President Obama been listening to a lot of Jimi Hendrix lately?  With just under two months to go before Election Day, Obama kicked off the fall campaign season Monday with an aggressive speech targeting Republicans. But it was an off-script moment in the speech that's attracted the most attention, as Obama accused his GOP critics of talking about him "like a dog."

"Some powerful interests who had been dominating the agenda in Washington for a very long time –– and they're not always happy with me –– they talk about me like a dog. That's not in my prepared remarks, but it's true," Obama said during a speech at Wisconsin's Laborfest on Monday.

Though Obama didn't acknowledge it, the line was a verbatim quote from "Stone Free," the first song Hendrix wrote after moving to England in 1966. "They talk about me like a dog," the song says. "Talkin about the clothes I wear. But they don't realize they're the ones who's square."

It's unclear if Obama consciously or unconsciously cited the lyric. A White House spokesman did not respond to requests for comment.

Edited to comply with COC #10.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I would never insult a dog in that manner.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:12:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Stay away from my Hendrix, Zero.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thoughtit was gonna to be    "'...scuse Me, While I kiss this guy"  
Obama's remarks are an insult to Dogs everywhere.
Do you think he knows what we say about the Wookie?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey guys over here, ya over here I found somthing to make fun of Obama for, ya i know its stupid but and does not matter but lets point and laugh.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#5]
HENDRIX was an extraordinary individual, I won't say all of what I want to because of my "religious" views.  When I saw his name next to the kenyan I wanted to puke.

ETA––  Yes his name was James, and he used Jimmy early in his career––  It is JIMI.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Obama has an amazingly bad idea of what people want to hear from a president.

This "treat me like a dog" stuff is whiny.

Presidents are never supposed to be whiny, they are supposed to be capable instead.

whiny = wussy

what a dope, he made himself look even worse than usual.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#7]
So, if 'they' are treating him like a dog –– how is he treating Bush?  community organizer please.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:09:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Obama has an amazingly bad idea of what people want to hear from a president.

This "treat me like a dog" stuff is whiny.

Presidents are never supposed to be whiny, they are supposed to be capable instead.

whiny = wussy

what a dope, he made himself look even worse than usual.

Yes, it's whiny and tattle-tail-ish.

"Momma they said..."

But I think this Hendrix stuff is kinda dumb. Not nearly as dumb as his whining though!

The jug-eared motherfucker called himself a "mutt" and a "mongrel" before. That shits on tape.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#9]
"Purple Haze man!"

This whole "like a dog" talking point sounds like some stupid 60's hippy radical advisor's wet dream. Obummer throws out the "mongrel" bait early. People laugh at how dumb and pathetic he is. Obummer gets to play the victim for his victim sycophants later.

These marxists are experts at framing the debate. Don't put anything past them. Notice how the anointed one imported a shit ton of clinton retreads? They have planned for this moment for a long long time.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#10]
And it wasn't even that great of a line to begin with....
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:40:16 PM EDT
[#11]
If Obama ever wants to be taken seriously ever again, he needs to stop the butthurt whining and finger-pointing and blame shoveling and take a Truman tack with "the buck stops here." Grow some fucking balls and man up and take responsibility. You're the President of the United States, fucking ACT LIKE IT.

That'll happen right about the time he announces his belief in trickle-down economics though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#12]
"S'cuse me while I kiss this guy!" ?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
And it wasn't even that great of a line to begin with....

I think he might be trying to tap into the whole racism thing,

the white man be treatin me like a dog... whitey dont gimme no respect cause I'm a black man

it'll kick back in his face like everything else he does to hide the fact that he's a low rent liberal blow job and completely incompetent

now he's getting whiny.  he has such a tin ear for the public, always seems to strike the wrong chord

it's like his psychotic levels of self-love are being shaken for the first time, he cannot get his bearings
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Obama's just having flashbacks

Pot

Coke

A little acid
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#15]
"Obama kicked off the fall campaign season Monday with an..."
Need to get my eyes checked, I read that line as saying FAIL CAMPAIGN.....

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:35:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Jimmy Hendrix.

All along the watch tower.

Obama is the Cylon God!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#17]
I doubt dipshit has ever listened to Hendrix, it's not that unique of a choice of words.  His favorite song is "I'd like to teach the world to sing", which he wants to be the National Anthem.   It's not like he got up and said "THEY TALK ABOUT ME LIKE 'CAT SCRATCH FEVER, DUN NUH NUH" and played air guitar.

I mean really, not to belabor the point, but his favorite song is "I'd like to teach the world to sing" for fuck's sake.  He's probably never even heard of Jimi Hendrix.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top