Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 11:03:14 PM EDT
please be careful with your pets this weekend! the top 5 things we expect to see at the emergency clinic on any given holiday weekend are:
1. Dietary Indiscretion (No BBQ !!)
2. Heat stroke
3. Hit by Car
4. Snake Bite
5. broken bones/ sprains/strains

All of these will easily cost you $500, so be careful with your furry friends!!!
Also, it helps to have the number of the emergency vets in your area in case you do need to go !

(ALSO!! ASPCA poison control phone number is good to have on hand: 888-426-4435, it may well save you a trip to the vet)

I am posting this for the sake of our hunting buddies, household froofroo pets, and even the strays in our neighborhoods, today was one of the busier days at my work and I would love it if I were bored tomorrow!!!! Have a safe holiday all!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Good info.  Thanks.

BBQ screws up animals?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#2]
You waited till the weekend was almost over to post this?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the intel report.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top