Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 8:44:48 PM EDT
My Millermatic 211 arrived Friday.  What sucks is waiting for the rest of the equipment (helmet, carts, etc) to show up that I ordered from other places.  I want to start practicing right away.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Who needs a helmet, just line it up, close your eyes and look the other way

Seriously though, get a spare hat to wear, expecially if you do any overhead welding.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Had one just like that....now go stick some metal together
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Who needs a helmet, just line it up, close your eyes and look the other way

Seriously though, get a spare hat to wear, expecially if you do any overhead welding.

i may or may not have done that before

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that a new welder? I didn't know they made new ones. I thought they were all 10 years old, beat to shit, and look like they've been hit by a train.

Nice machine. Want.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, while you're waiting go to your gas supplier and get a bottle of ULTRAMIX 80/20 argon/co2, so you can spark it when the rest of the stuff comes.  Ya should have waited on the cart and made it your self for your first project.  As you're learning, remember metal prep is key, get some acetone to wipe doen the surfaces you intend to weld, and a 3" grinder with a sanding disk for stuff that may have some rust.  Can't mig over that stuff.  Run a #11 shade in your helmet too.  Have fun and nice set up.  I'm jealous, every time I go to buy a machine I have to divert the funds elsewhere.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#6]
MIG = Maybe It's Glued.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top