Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/5/2010 7:00:45 PM EDT
One of the reasons that the Country is so screwed up is.....

SOME PEOPLE HAVE KIDS AND THEY REFUSE TO TRAIN THEM ABOUT HOW TO BEHAVE IN SOCIETY!!!

So I'm in Wally-World.........getting some groceries and shotgun shells.

I'm completely stopped with my shopping cart waiting for some old lady to move out of the way.

This kid........about age 5.........comes running down the aisle at full gallop, rounds the turn while looking backwards.........and SLAMS into my shopping cart at full throttle...........he hits the ground like he was hit by lightning.........and immediately begins to bawl.

I do this...........

Mom runs over and gives me this look..................and she loudly says "You coulda gotten out of his way!"

To which I reply: "HE WAS THE IDIOT, NOT ME!"

Then Dad comes around the corner and gives me the

I again give them ..............and wave as I tell them "Teach him to behave in public and you wont have these problems." as I walk away.

I hear Mom call out "Somebody get a manager!"

I shopped for another 45 minutes without any further incidents.

DON'T BREED EM IF YOU REFUSE TO TEACH THEM THE BASIC BEHAVIOR RULES!!!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Obviously you're at fault beause you forgot the rule that says "Little Johnny is an angel and could never do anything wrong."

Oh...you forgot to blade too.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
My parents would have beaten me to death, out of shame, if I had ever behaved like an animal out in public.  Or anywhere else.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#3]
wow
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#4]
nice needs ms paint
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad I don't get out and shop much...and NEVER in a damned wal-mart.  I don't give that company any of my business.

CJ

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm always very quick to point out when my kids do something dumb. My 5 year old princess has a problem accepting responsibility. We are trying to correct that.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm in Wally-World.........

there's your problem right there!
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Wally World is usually good for some kind of entertainment.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:24:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I see this regularly at work too. I work in a clinic. A few times a week, I walk in the room, and there's Mom with her four kids with four different last names. Everyone one of them has 3-4 latex gloves on their hands, and they've rooted through the drawers, looking for band-aids, gauze, whatever. Medical supplies are strewn across the floor. Mom is sitting there calmly, either doing nothing, or texting madly, oblivious to the scene being created by her precious little snowflakes.
When I ask, "Why are they in all that stuff?", Mom says (beaming proudly), "Oh, little Johnny's going to be a doctor when he grows up."
Really Mom? With the sterling example you're setting, little Johnny's gonna be lucky to get his GED by age 25.
Growing up, you didn't touch ANYTHING at the doctor or dentist's office, and you'd get slapped in the back of the head if you stepped out of line.
<now get off my lawn>

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My parents would have beaten me to death, out of shame, if I had ever behaved like an animal out in public.  Or anywhere else.

This.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

When I ask, "Why are they in all that stuff?", Mom says (beaming proudly), "Oh, little Johnny's going to be a doctor when he grows up."

Really Mom? With the sterling example you're setting, little Johnny's gonna be lucky to get his GED by age 25.

Growing up, you didn't touch ANYTHING at the doctor or dentist's office, and you'd get slapped in the back of the head if you stepped out of line.

<now get off my lawn>              
+1 not the same by any means but I used to work at a optical place 2-3x a day some little ankle biter would empty the drawers on my workstation and then sit there beating on the computer keyboard

easiest way to not get any coupons or discounts

you paying full retail at that point  

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:35:31 PM EDT
[#13]
mah baby dint do nuffin
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#14]
What I love is dodging all the mexican babies playing in the streets while their parents are nowhere in sight.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Reminds me of yesterday...woman had 2 screaming kids in the cart, one of those carts with the blue kids seat attached to them...she let them screech and carry on...saw them again as she was spinning the cart around and around.   As I walked past them I said "I hope the cart flips and they crack their heads open" she and others around me just looked at me while she continued to spin the cart.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:44:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I would have waited for the manager just to make sure the store had a witness against the injury claim these models of parenthood were likely to make. I'd be happy to take my time to testify that any injury was the result of parental neglect.

Nearly had the same thing happen to me in the Walmart last night. Went in to pick up some wild bird feed and this little genius comes speeding out of a side isle looking back over his shoulder straight for my cart. Shit for brains mom sees me back pedaling as fast as my big butt will go to avoid a collision. Do you think she was concerned about her kid's behaviour? Do you think she said a single word correcting him? Not luckin' fikely. And of course not a word of appology for her crumb muncher's bad manners. All she had to say to him was she wasn't going to buy it for him today, maybe later.

You can say what you want about the role of the .gov in wrecking our society, but the real problem is parents such as these.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:21:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Well that's what you get for creeping around the toy aisle...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#18]
thank you, i needed that laugh tonight OP
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well that's what you get for creeping around the toy aisle...

this.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#20]
"So I'm in Wally-World.........getting some groceries and shotgun shells."

Thank you, this has got to be the only place in the world where that comment doesn't even raise an eyebrow. You're my hero for the week, rock on!

Thanks for giving those parents something to think about, though probably went in one ear and out the other. As somebody else already posted, my mother would have beaten the crap out of me for misbehaving and embarrassing her.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:40:56 PM EDT
[#21]
I was helping a Phillipino family get their dsl internet working, and there were 5 ignored girls and one obviously doted on little boy named Ram.  The wallpaper on the computer was Ram, the login was Rambo12, the password was ram1234, etc etc.  He was like 3 or 4 and kept tugging on my arm calling me 'daddy' and trying to get on my lap.  I was like "aw hell no, I dont need a molester charge"  I kept nudging him away trying to get him to leave me alone.  finally he starts grabbing my pants trying to crawl onto my lap, so I wolf stared at him and firmly said "RAM!  NO!"  He looked at me like I had punched him in the chest, backflops onto the floor and starts bashing his head onto the floor. Its a rasied floor/crawlspace, with probably like 1/4 inch plywood floor,  so the thump sound is reverberating throughout the house and it sounds like Im bodyslamming this kid onto the ground.  The mom comes running over and looks at him and looks at me, then steps over him and ignores him.  meanwhile theres cockroaches falling off the printer cable.  bleh.  he eventually stops and gets up and starts pressing his finger into the monitor to see the rainbow colors and just trying hard to make me miserable.  moms not doing shit.  I wolf stared and he stopped for a second.  then started again.  "RAM!  STOP!"  he flips out and yanks the dsl modem.  I never wanted to spank someone elses kid so bad.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:52:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Couple comments from the 'other side'.

It is extremely dangerous to properly discipline your children in public. While I agree that there is nothing wrong with a smack in the butt when necessary, you run the very real risk of some do-gooding white knight calling the cops or Child Protective Services on you.

And the problem isn't with the kids so much. Kids are kids, and they run and play; thats what they do. The problem comes when the parents can't see when their kids fucked up, like the people in the OPs story. If the parents had told little Johnny 'well thats what happens when you screw around' and had lil Johnny apologize to the OP, that would have been a much different story.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It is extremely dangerous to properly discipline your children in public. While I agree that there is nothing wrong with a smack in the butt when necessary, you run the very real risk of some do-gooding white knight calling the cops or Child Protective Services on you.

And the problem isn't with the kids so much. Kids are kids, and they run and play; thats what they do. The problem comes when the parents can't see when their kids fucked up, like the people in the OPs story. If the parents had told little Johnny 'well thats what happens when you screw around' and had lil Johnny apologize to the OP, that would have been a much different story.

Keeping it out of the public eye didn't help my step brother. He spanked his stepson Noah, the grandparents found out and called the police. My step brother spent a night in jail as I recall.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#24]
My parents administered some serious beatings when I was a kid.  At early middle school age I once threatened my mother with a call to whatever child services use to be called back then.  She handed me the phone and said "go ahead, enjoy living in a foster home."  There is a reason I turned out OK.  Because my parents were not afraid to discipline me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Meh.

Another Wmart....

I walked between these two cows carrying on a conversation while completely blocking the main aisle down the back of the store.

The barefoot boy with hair down to his shoulders sitting in the cart (which looked to be about 8...) chambered his fist and PUNCHED me in the arm as I was passing by.

Keep in mind I was walking between the two heifer's carts and there was NO way they could have missed it.

Mom said jack shit, didn't even miss a beat in her conversation with heifer #2.

I got about two paces, turned and said "Son, you might want to watch who you hit, some might not be as nice as I", mostly directing this at mom, started turning to walk off and heard "WHAT DID YOU SAY?"

I turned to find the wildebeests staring me down.

I told her "Your son HIT me and I told him he should watch who he hit".

She turned back to her trailer trash friend and said, absently, "Oh, I thought you said something else...."

No apology, no reprimand to the kid for hitting a stranger, nothing.

Waste of oxygen....
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#26]
You've been a bad boy!!!

ETA:  sorry, but that may be a misquote of the gypsy kid's curse from a few days ago..
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My parents administered some serious beatings when I was a kid.  At early middle school age I once threatened my mother with a call to whatever child services use to be called back then.  She handed me the phone and said "go ahead, enjoy living in a foster home."  There is a reason I turned out OK.  Because my parents were not afraid to discipline me.

And what exactly do you think the fate of your parents (and yourself, for that matter) would be if today, in 2010, some liberal save the earth type saw you receiving one of those 'serious beatings' and called the cops / CPS?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:28:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Beatings weren't some secret formula. I got so many bloody noses and bleeding gumlines from the back of mom's hand that it became ineffective. Don't just blame the hippies, some parents crossed the line bad.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#29]
If I'd seen him coming, I turn my cart into him at the last second for a little added oomph
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I hear ya. My stepdad would throw me across rooms when he got mad. Did I hate him for it at the time. Yes I did. Did I grow up right because I knew that if I crossed the line or misbehaved I knew I would get punished. Yes I did.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:41:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Yup I agree,

One time the ole lady and me stop to eat in a small mom and pop restaurant near the house. Walk in, there are 2 couples with about 10 kids between, all under the age of 8. Parents are sitting there bullshitting, the kids are running around this place, the parents are either fkn idiots or just full of themselves. We order, get our order, sit down and commence to eat.

All of a sudden 3 of the litle fkrs come piling into our table. They get up and haul ass to the other side of the room, I see them coming back for another run I stand up and tell the parents to control their kids the horsing around is disturbing my meal. Fkrs look at me as if had cussed them out. The men say something to the women, women jump up and start gatherin the kids, the fathers just sit there like nothing was going on, several kids are still running around, I get up walk over to the table and tell these dumbasses again This pisses them off, they give me this mad dog stare, so I just stand there. The get up, grab the little fkrs bouncing off tables and leave. Shit just cracks me up.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:46:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Beatings weren't some secret formula. I got so many bloody noses and bleeding gumlines from the back of mom's hand that it became ineffective. Don't just blame the hippies, some parents crossed the line bad.

Yeah, and you were a little fkn angel...right
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:53:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Entitlement mentality
Cultural doublestands
Lack of underlying principles and standards of what is expected of individuals in society
Political correctness
Refusal to allow failures to fail

Off the top of my head.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:56:24 PM EDT
[#34]
I dunno what to say... met a really nice professional educated fellow Texas family while on vacation in Florida recently. They had a 12 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy. Their boy played with my two boys, age 9 and 6, on the beach for about 30 minutes. They were having fun. Their dad dissappeared for an hour, to take care of something with their daughter. Mom was talking away to my wife. Daughter and dad come back with a huge inflatable boat (in terms of the girl's size). Now I'm thinking...they're not really going to let her take that on the beach by herself and into the water are they? There's the whole Gulf O' Mexico out there. Sure enough, they do.

Girl gets in boat, swims out maybe 25yds, then the tides get a hold of her and starts to drift her quickly along the beach. Thankfully not out to sea. But in 1 minute, she's now another 25 yds farther away up the beach and maybe 5yds further out. In 2 more minutes, mommy AND daddy both head to her. By the time they get to her, the mom can't swim out that far, so the father has to get her. She's saved, some 100yds from where they first let her get in the water with that thing.

Meanwhile, what does their little 5yr old start doing, after we "volunteered" to watch him while they go retrieve their drifting daughter? After all, we just met these nice educated polite courteous people only a half-hour or so ago because our boys started playing with sandcastles together.

The little boy starts throwing sand at my kids. And whether he knows it or not, he's aiming for their eyes. I tell my boys to get away and don't throw anything back. I tell the boy, nicely and politely, "Its not nice to throw sand at people." Little fart says, "I don't care!" I repeat, "Please do not throw sand at my boys. Its not nice." Again he says, "I don't care! I want to! I don't care!" This goes on one more time.

So I get in his face and with a look meant to scare the shit out of him, this time I say, "DO NOT THROW SAND AT MY KIDS OR I'LL MAKE SURE YOU'LL CARE, YOU LITTLE SHIT!"

Fucking brat puts his arm down, walks away, and starts looking for his mommy and daddy, who were still saving their daughter. I watch the kid to make sure he's headed in the right direction. He finds them, and the family walks back.  By now, mommand daddy look beat up.  They pack and leave the beach.  We all say our goodbyes.

I didn't care if the kid ratted on me to his parents. Both mom and dad were right there, and they let it happen - the daughter to drift away and the son to be left, supposedly with strangers they just met. We're both educated middle middle-class. But hey, vacation doesn't mean leaving your parenting brains behind.

I KNEW LONG AGO TO NEVER LET CHILDREN BE THE BOSS.  As long as they live under my roof OR take MY MONEY, they do what I say and behave the way they've been taught.  Right Now.

I also learned long ago that I hate other peoples' kids.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I always hope the little lawn apes will have accidents during their highspeed laps around stores.  I'd rather listen to them cry than listen to them scream.  If they're going to annoy me, they might as well do it in pain.  I hear a kid crying these days, I just smile.

Nice?  Absolutely not.  But discipline your kids and they won't annoy me to the point where I hope they run face first into the corner of a wooden shelf at top speed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:09:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I always hope the little lawn apes will have accidents during their highspeed laps around stores.  I'd rather listen to them cry than listen to them scream.  If they're going to annoy me, they might as well do it in pain.  I hear a kid crying these days, I just smile.

Nice?  Absolutely not.  But discipline your kids and they won't annoy me to the point where I hope they run face first into the corner of a wooden shelf at top speed.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:58:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
mah baby dint do nuffin

THAT'S the problem!!

Parents refusing to believe that their spawn are capable of nefarious acts.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:02:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The problem comes when the parents can't see when their kids fucked up, like the people in the OPs story. I

The problem comes when the parents REFUSE to see when their kids fucked up

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:04:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I once threatened my mother with a call to whatever child services use to be called back then.  She handed me the phone and said "go ahead, enjoy living in a foster home."

My daughter did that..........I handed her the phone and said "Can I dial that number for you?"

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:09:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd rather listen to them cry than listen to them scream.  If they're going to annoy me, they might as well do it in pain.  I hear a kid crying these days, I just smile.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!

Pain is supposed to be a motivating factor!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:16:54 AM EDT
[#41]
If my kid was hurt and you were laughing, I would look you dead in the eye, and say "Fuck You", not loud, just normal conversation.

You stop laughing. In a normal voice,I look you dead in the eye,and say "Fuck You" again.

The ball is in your court, funny boy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:18:52 AM EDT
[#42]

I live in a nice area, and its not just trashy kids who are raised like that.  Even kids raised well off, are not raised well.  It is absolutely a problem.  I didn't even have to be spanked much growing up, because I knew I'd be punished if I miss behaved.

I laugh at these wally world stories, but they piss me off at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:20:40 AM EDT
[#43]
I would have waited for the manager.....obviously she is going to either blame you for the little shit hurting himself or it is somehow the stores fault.....I would make myself availble as a witness in the store's defense about how the kid was running loose w/out supervision and not looking where he was going.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:22:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I see this regularly at work too. I work in a clinic. A few times a week, I walk in the room, and there's Mom with her four kids with four different last names. Everyone one of them has 3-4 latex gloves on their hands, and they've rooted through the drawers, looking for band-aids, gauze, whatever. Medical supplies are strewn across the floor. Mom is sitting there calmly, either doing nothing, or texting madly, oblivious to the scene being created by her precious little snowflakes.

<now get off my lawn>              

charge the mom for the supplies the kids wasted.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:25:15 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Wally World is usually good for some kind of entertainment.

I usually go there when I need help maintaining my diet...

Lot's of negative examples to encourage me!
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If my kid was hurt and you were laughing, I would look you dead in the eye, and say "Fuck You", not loud, just normal conversation.

You stop laughing. In a normal voice,I look you dead in the eye,and say "Fuck You" again.

The ball is in your court, funny boy.

"NO.........YOU'RE KID FUCKED UP!!"
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:31:10 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

There is a reason I turned out OK.  Because my parents were not afraid to discipline me.

My dad made it into an art form.  He would go into the workshop and do up different paddle designs... always with room to add 'notches'.

If he broke one on me...  he'd get made at himself and go back to the drawing board... always trying for the perfect smacking tool.

Not to make it sound like I got beat, far from it.  I was an idiot at times and a tough kid (where did that go?) and it took a little bit of persuasion to get my attention.  Along with the 6 pair of shorts I'd wear when I knew I was in trouble.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:33:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in Wally-World.........

there's your problem right there!

Yeah, it's their fault that people won't control their kids.

That said, it is very risky to discipline your kids these days.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:33:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm glad I don't get out and shop much...and NEVER in a damned wal-mart.  I don't give that company any of my business.

CJ

I will give them enough business to make up for your not giving them any.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:36:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
There is a reason I turned out OK.  Because my parents were not afraid to discipline me.

My dad made it into an art form.  He would go into the workshop and do up different paddle designs... always with room to add 'notches'.

If he broke one on me...  he'd get made at himself and go back to the drawing board... always trying for the perfect smacking tool.

Not to make it sound like I got beat, far from it.  I was an idiot at times and a tough kid (where did that go?) and it took a little bit of persuasion to get my attention.  Along with the 6 pair of shorts I'd wear when I knew I was in trouble.  

My mom used a yard stick so that she could reach me if I hid under my bed.  She got very angry at me when it broke.  Even though it broke ON me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top