Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
... these things gimme the willys.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
NO I do not drink nor take drugs.
View Quote

Denial is just one of the signs.  Lay off the crack pipe.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:06:37 PM EDT
[#4]
As my great-grand-grand-father always says, there is no such thing as ghosties, and he oughta know, he died in 1871.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Seeing is believing. [shock]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I have several 150 year old houses on Lake Michigan that are locked up all year round on my pest control route, and I know they are haunted.  I once left a mini-maglite on a downstairs kitchen table in one and found it upstairs on the edge of a bathroom sink.  I had left it there, went into the basement, came back to the main floor, didn't notice that it wasn't there and then went upstairs and there it was on the sink!  No one else was there and I hadn't bee upstairs yet.  Another time I was leaving the same house with a trainee and he saw an old lady in an upstairs window.  Again, the place is closed up, padlocked from the outside.
I once stayed at a friends house that was haunted.  Rooms in it were cold for no reason.  Once while sleeping on his couch, I awoke to hear a set of child footsteps run by, followed by another that was decidedly more "grown up" sounding.  A girl I was with also heard this.  We were later told that a little girl had been murdered in the house 30 or 40 years earlier.  My friend had a breakdown when we told him because when he was a boy he apparently saw the ghost of this girl.  I have never gone back into the house and my buddy has long since moved away.  I still get the chills everytime I drive past it.  Haints are real boys!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

1GUNRUNNER ... If it werent for the show COPS, I wouldnt know what the hell a crack pipe looks like.
View Quote

LOL - me neither.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#9]
We regularly have assorted latched closed doors swing open for no reason here.
Not scary, just *something there*.
Nothing ever makes you run for a lightswitch in the dark here, but there are definitely *things* that walk through.
Luckily, they seem neutral, neither friendly nor scary......just THERE.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Never have seen anything but I certainly would not want to purchase a house where it is known that someone died in it, regardless of the circumstances.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:06:11 AM EDT
[#12]
I drink but I wasn't the night I saw a ghost. In 1965 I was in school in the dorm in my room around 2:AM asleep. My roommate had woke up and threw something to wake me and whispered "look at the window what the fuck is that". I looked and saw a guy at our window looking in. This scared the shit out of me as our room was on 2nd floor in front of the dorm. There were no trees or anything for any one to climb up on and it had 10 ft.ceilings. Straight brick all the way up. I have never had anything scare me so much since then. No shit!
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:21:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Once, when I was 13 I saw a persons shadow aswell.  It was in a large bedroom I was sharing with my older brother at the time.  IT has two doors on the far ends of one wall, one from the hallway, another a steep flight of stairs going down.  The room had two sets of rack lights, six in all, so any person would give off a very distinct pattern of serveral shadows.  One day I had entered the room, from the hallway, while looking down, reading a newspaper.  To my left I saw the distinct pattern of a person's shadow, moving from the far wall to door to my left.  I figured it was my brother and started talking.  When it reached the door I looked up, to my surprise there was noone there, and the door going downstairs was closed.  To say the least it was quite shocking.  The previous owners had died in the house, one while sleeping, the other a heart attack in the rose garden.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#14]
PRICKS!!! All of you are. I have never seen one of these critters, but I do not deny they are real either. Too many times that you just get "that feeling", and you know something is very different from only a second ago. Then all at once everything is normal. Freaky  stuff.

I do think I saw my grandfather a few times shorlty after he died, but I was very young, and probably just really wanted to see him. Who knows???
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:58:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Have a couple to share:

Used to play paintball at an old indoor arena which used to be the Tobins First Prize meat packing facility in Albany, NY. During one of these games my buddy and I are hunkered down behind a partition. Looking downrange towards the corner of the room we see a man sized figure moving - almost at a walking pace - figuring its the opposing team, we launch ourselves towards it, hammering on the semis. My buddy's screaming "check yourself, youre hit!" I move around to flank, and realize theres nobody there. Okay so maybe the player found another way out we thought, until we mentioned it off the field. Then the story comes out that its what the owners affectionately refer to as the 'night watchman' Seems on several occasions this ghostly figure would wander the basement, on the playing field and in the staging area. Several of the fellas that worked there, would see him saunter past open doorways and such. One fella even said a 'shadow' walked through him once, while on the field chilling him to the bone.

The other story comes from the house in which I grew up. I was taking a nap during the day, when my mother came rushing into the room eyes bugging out. Wakes me and asks if I was outside? Tells me that as she was walking a span of about 15 yards  between our home and travel trailer, she looked towards the back corner of the house. Standing there, or as she said 'floating' was a black shadowy figure about 6 feet in height. Didnt see any 'feet' - and described it as hovering about a foot off the ground - but she could clearly make out the head and shoulder outline. It quickly turned away and went behind the house after she 'noticed it'. Would never have thought much about it, but my mom has always been one to not believe in such things.

My grandmother always had stories to share as well. The funniest one was when she was about 14 years old - it was at night, and she was 'spying' on her sister and boyfriend stting outside through the bedroom window. Suddenly she said she got a 'crack on the rear' as if someone spanked her.... turned around expecting to see her mother - but no one was there.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:08:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Oh horseshit.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:23:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Everyone has a crack in their rear.LOL

You gotta love this stuff.  There out there and let you see them every now and again.  Keeps you in check.  Or is it Astral projection.  Could be someone somewhere dreaming they are somewhere else and you see them.

So who's watching you do the deed with your women?  Taking a shower?  Sitting on the toilet?

Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:29:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Our area is an old coal mining town... most of the houses were built in the mid to late 1800's

This is pretty much an every day or couple day occurance at my house, haven't seen anything for any long amount of time....  no big deal really..... let em be .... [8D]

if you start seeing knives flying around the kitchen then it may be time to worry[BD]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 5:46:14 AM EDT
[#19]
While I can say that I have had various experiences throughout my life in relation to [for lack of better terminology] "otherworldly" occurances, I remain at a loss to be able to fully explain such things or to be able to accurately detail for someone exactly how it feels to be part of same.

I will openly admitt to having caught glimpses of "something" here and there.............and to having the distinct impression that a room or a place had more present than what you could actually see.

There is a reality as we know it......but to some, there is another side, a place where things are not so brightly lit.......a dark side...........[always loved that show]

Anyhow.................don't know all the emotional and/or spiritual ramifications of saying you have seen or expereinced a polterghoost but hey...........I said it anyhow.

Probably has something to do with an inter-dimensional rift in the time/space continuum as I beleive everything around us and about us is controlled by such...........

[Now where did I leave my crack pipe?]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:43:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I flipped out like no one's business.
View Quote

Did you cut her head off?
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Here is a weird one.

Growing up, a friend of mine had this unsual habit of ALWAYS spending the night at someone elses house. We always thought that he was having difficulties with his mother.

Well one day my other friends and I got together and discussed this among us, thinking that maybe do something about this. We all confronted our common friend, with the disire to help (maybe contacting the authorities). Our friend finally fessed up, it wasn't his mother or her boyfriend, just that their house was haunted and he hated sleeping there (his mother was the same way, always sleeping at her boyfriends house).

We all laughed, and said "Yea, right!" So he offered all of us (7 total) to spend the night. So we did. He never told us "how" the house was haunted, but it was just haunted.

We went over, made dinner, watched TV, BS'ed. Finally it was time to crash out. We all choose to sleep in the living room (sofas, chairs, floors). After the usual horsing around, bugging each other, talking, etc we crashed out.

Must note that this wasn't the best house in town. The windows leaked, and they had hung heavy blankets over the windows to keep the cold out.

Well acouple hours of sound sleeping, I woke up. I was asleep on my belly, with my head turned facing a window (with a blanket infront of it). Now the weird part was when I woke up, I couldn't move! No matter how hard I tried, the only thing I could do was open my eyes and blink. This was definately NOT COOL!

Then comes the scary part, looking at the window with the blanket, the blanket rose. Not straight up, but horizontally! Like the glass was gone in the window and wind was blowing the blanket up, but there was NO wind, and I could see the glass was still there!

After a bit of laying there thinking this is really weird, balls of light started to bounce around! The balls were roughly a foot in diameter and transparent varying colors, red, blue, yellow, pink, etc. They would float in through the window (through the glass) and go in any direction. Sometimes stopping in mid flight and change directions.

Now I am personally thinking, man what did I eat? This is really a weird dream. After awhile, I finally forced myself back to sleep.

In the morning, we all woke up, typical stretching, scratching, yawning. Finally one of my friends spoke up about this weird dream he had... The same so called dream I had. Then EVERYONE spoke up with the SAME description!

The combined description was the all the blankets on the windows were horizontal towards the center of the room (the living room had windows on three sides), and the same bouncing balls of light, we were all awake, but couldn't move. Two friends woke up facing each other, they were able to queitly speak to each other and describe what they were seeing.

Needless to say, we never gave our common friend grief about his house, and he always had a place to stay at one of our houses.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#24]
I see dead people.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#25]
that last one (boucing light balls) reminds me of a ghost story i heard at Philmont in Cimmeron, NM (BSA High Adventure backpacking camp). the story goes two scouts were asleep in the 2man tent, one wakes up. unable to move and sees a blue ball of light hovering above him, he tries to wake his friend up by calling to him, shortly he starts yelling. his friend doesnt wake up. the first scount falls unconsious. the second scout wakes up and has the same feelings / reactions. the cycle repeats all night. then the sun comes up and the boys wake up. feeling very tired like they hadnt slept at all. they feel embarrased but ask one of the staff of that area. apparantly the area had been sacred land to indians long time ago.

--Story over--

a friend and i bunked in his tent he was somewhat worried. i dont think it helped.. or mabey it did. he had a blue flashlight.. so i held it up shined mine oh it and said "beware the blue light.. wwwwwwwoooooooo" told me not to do that... hehe.. im bad.  no blue lights happened that night. *shrugs* at night sometimes i swear someone is walking around in my room. ive chalked it off to imagination and needing sleep, because ive heard it at every place iv lived.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 9:44:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I see dead people.
View Quote

so call the ghostbusters. ;)

that was a good fun movie. slimer was cool.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#27]
One day, while in the kitchen cooking, I felt my cat rubbing against my legs.  I looked down to pick her up, but she wasn't there.  I looked up, and she was on the other side of the room, sound asleep on the window sill.
View Quote

brouhaha....always be rubbin up against that dead pussy.

BWAAAAAAAAAAA [:D]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:15:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Last May I went to see my grandmother who has not been able to walk or get up without people lifting her. She couldnt use a walker either. She was about 95 years old. I went to see her because she could not feel her legs all day. I didnt think she was going to make much longer. Sure enough about 30 minutes after I left I got the call from my dad who was staying with her. This is were it starts getting interesting. She died about 20 feet down her hallway. She had walked that far. Well I bought her house and remodeled it. I was setting at the computer one night and I heard someone beating on the wall. I thought it was my wife so I go into our bed room (grandmothers room) an my wife was fast asleep with both cats asleep at her feet. Scared the crap out of me. Also in my babys room I keep the blinds pulled down. Ever so often I will come home and they will all be raised the exact same height. An they are the spring loaded roll up kind of blinds. Also me and my wife came in one night locked the place down like Fort Knoxx and she went to bed an I went to the computer. While I was working on the computer my cat hopped up on the dresser and was watching me. I checked my mail and went to bed. About midnight I heard this awful crying from my cat. We looked everywhere for him we finally found him outside on the porch! He has never been outside, he is scared to death of outdoors. Big pussy! We also had to UNLOCK the door to let him in. This May will be a year since my grandmother died but I do not think she is gone. Not just yet anyway....
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:20:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They are real, and they are not all neutral.
View Quote

I agree.

Tyler
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:39:12 PM EDT
[#31]
 From a Christian's perspective...  There are no such thing as 'ghosts' but there are spirits.  Ghosts are usually demons in disguise, and the presence of angels has been relativley well documented.  I have had one or two paranormal experiences, and they scared the living hell out of me.  I have gotten the sense of being watched, stalked, and targetted.  I used to doa lot of boiler work, and spent a lot of time in old boiler rooms in some very old buildings.  I have no hard evidence, other than the profound sense of being targetted.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I see dead people.
View Quote
I've seen a few myself. They don't do much other than just lay there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 3:52:17 PM EDT
[#33]
The house I live in would make a great crack house! The walls are 18in of stone, 18ft ceilings, all windows are protected by ornate ironwork, there are real serious steel doors front and back, with huge locking bolts in keeping with its 300 year old Spanish architectural style. And no one can get in or out without making a hell of a row! Okay?

Three months ago, my wife was preparing dinner and asked me if I had been using her favorite kitchen knife – she couldn't find it. Eventually, I went to help her look for it. We turned the kitchen upsidedown looking for this knife that is more like a small machete (11 inch blade, 5in handle)! I even lifted the drainer off the sink to see if had dropped behind – nada!

After dinner, when we took the plates ect. back into the kitchen, the first thing we spotted was this huge knife we had been searching for. It was stuck in the drainer I had removed when I was searching for it.

I have never believed in ghosts – always thinking that there was some logical explanation. But this singular occurence has us both baffled.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#35]
I was cruising timber by myself on this 12,000 acre tract....I had really "funny" feelings like someone was watching me, it was just a weird place....looked a lot like the woods in "Blair Witch Project", was really concerned because I carry 31 rounds of .40 S&W with me....but I came across a really old cemetary in the middle of no were on the tract..no names just 7 head stones that were very weathered....creepy
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#36]
When i was 18 years old i sufferd carbon monoxide poisening from a cas heater in our house.I was in a coma for 12 days.Sometimes i would come out of it but nobody would be around. Not allways but sometimes i would see a man looking in through my window.I also saw him for 3 days (off and on)after i was fulley conchas.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I used to live just off of Hermosa Beach when I was working in LA doing Field Service on Computed Tomography scanners.  LA sucks so bad that the only way to deal with it is to live somewhere cool and laid back like HB.  Anyway, since I worked a lot of late hours, occasionally when I would get home I would walk down to the water.  It was the best way to mellow out after any stressful day.  Night by the ocean is whole different latitude, you can barely see the ocean pounding and slamming around a few feet from your toes, and because of that, your other senses become very refined and more sensitive.  The ocean becomes louder, the sand feels different on your skin... you know what I’m trying to say.  Anyway…

One night I came home and walked right past my apartment towards the sand so I could go watch the surf, there was no moon out so it was exceptionally dark, but it really wasn't any different than any other night.  I’m looking off into the ocean, enjoying the cool breeze, watching every possible combination of shades that make up the dark gray patina of the water and sky at night, all while trying to make sense out the barely discernable line that is the horizon.  All of a sudden, about 50 yards out and 25 yards to my left I could have swore I heard someone in the water yelling.  I ran my ass off towards the source of the yelling and stared long and hard, and I could have sworn I saw the shape of a surfer cutting diagonally across a crashing wave.  This was real close to me as the tide was up so it looked like the person was only 30 feet away or so.  

Now people surfing at night was really no big deal, so I wasn’t disturbed by anything at that point other than the fact that I was pretty jumpy a few seconds before when the person in the water yelled.  It didn’t sound like a ‘fun’ yell, it was more of a ‘sad’ yell.  So I’m just standing there looking for a glimpse of the guy, when I decide that he may not want to have someone watching him surf.  Since I’m sure its easier to see someone walking on the beach at night from the water than [I] vice versa [/I], he’s obviously seen me and probably wouldn’t mind if I just wandered back to wherever I came from and minded my business.  He could’ve been embarrassed by his surfing right?  I then continued to just walk towards my left down the beach when I heard the sound of someone running out of the water.  The thing that made the hairs on my back stick up was that I could tell that whatever was coming out of the water was trying to rush me.  I can now look back and laugh at myself for what must have been a pretty humorous sight; me bouncing up and down, my feet spread apart, waiting to take on somebody coming at me while I’m blind (like the mice in the old Speedy Gonzales cartoons when they’re boxing each other or something).
(cont)
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#38]
(cont)
All of a sudden, inches from where I’m poised, I’m aware that something is in front of my face.  It wasn’t like I could make anything out or sense someone’s breath on me, it was just that I [I] knew [/I] my personal space had been invaded – I was scared.  I’ll admit it, OK?  Immediately after that I could make out something out running away from me.  At first it looked like a haze, but as it got further away from me I could make out the form of body running.  It was headed for one of those dinky little lifeguard shacks that they have on the beach every ¼ mile or so.  Being just too plain stupid to run in the direct opposite direction, I screamed something like, “Hey motherfucker!” and started running in the same direction.  Shortly after I started running I came to my senses and cut my speed back to slow jog and decided to try and make out who it was that just scared the crap out of me.  The problem was I could make out everything around the thing that was running away from me, but I couldn’t see it exactly.  It was just a blur of arms and legs coming up to the lifeguard tower.  I saw it run up the steps to it and go in, I came up to the shack and just ran around it once, checking it out.  I was pretty freaked at this point and wanted to just go home and have a drink, but curiosity go the better of me and I decided to go take a look at the shack.  I couldn’t believe the door had a padlock hasp on it with a Master Lock.  That sucker was closed – there was no way anybody could have got through that thing.  

I did a military 180, and walked right back to my apartment.  I got my Springfield 1911 out and loaded it, and slept with it a few inches away cocked and locked on my nightstand all night.  The next morning was Saturday and I went back down to the strand.  There wasn’t much of anybody milling about, so I walked back to the lifeguard shack and checked it out.  On my way there I saw something that wasn’t apparent to me the previous night.  There was a metal plaque on the back leg of the tower, it said that this tower had been dedicated to a lifeguard named Harold Bolzagna.  As I found out at a later date, this Harold was a big surfer as well as the most senior lifeguard stationed at HB.  One day while he was out catching waves, his board’s leash got snagged on a piling.  Apparently while Harold was trying to untangle himself, his leashed got wrapped around his neck.  A big wave came in and must have tightened the leash around his neck.  As the tide sucked the wave back out, the leash tightened even more to the point where – POP – off came his head.

The day his head washed up on shore, someone must of picked it up from the waters edge and placed it at the foot of the tower’s steps.  They at least [I]think[/I] that someone put it there, because written in the sand were the words:  “HARRY BOLZAGNA – THE HEAD LIFEGAURD”  Mooo-o-ah!  Mooo-o-ah!  Moo-o-ah-ah-ahhhhh…
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#39]
About 25 yrs ago, I was at a friend's house,(known locally as haunted) Him and I and his dog, (large Irish setter) were there, dog starts acting weird, whining, carring on, finally leaves the room, and goes to the laundry room and hides,a few seconds later, we hear the living room furinture being moved around, We were the only two in the house,besides the dog,friend tells me"I think it's time too leave" I agreed, he later tells me about how him and his mother and sister would often wake up in the morning to find the furinture in the living room rearanged, front door open, when it had been locked the night before,lights on,oddly enough this was a moderen split level house, at that time, about 10 years old, not what one thinks about as haunted,  
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#41]
A few years ago, I was awakened in the middle of the night and saw this light on a chair that was in the bedroom.  In the chair was my grandfather.  I could see him as clear as day.  We had quite a conversation and as the light started fading away, so did he.  My grandfather had died about 10 years prior to this.  It wasn't scary or anything, as a matter of fact it was quite comforting.  I was always very close to him and this always made me wonder "why the visit".  It wasn't too long from that point that my dad started showing signs of alzheimers.   I believe my grandfather was telling me about what was going on with my dad.  After that night, we heard noises in the house all the time.  someone walking up the stairs and no one there when the door was opened or footsteps walking across the downstairs floor and up the stairs and stop at the door.  Again, no one there when the door was opened.  It was always kinda strange, but I just figured it was grandpa keeping an eye on us.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#42]
In relation to other similar posts....

I now believe in Ghosts, god, Goblins, elves, fairies, Sprites, Satan, Trolls, Angels, pixies.......I am reborn!!!

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#43]
^[dracula]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Scary!!!

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/ghostsmiley.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a cousin who bought a pre "War for States Rights" house a block away from the St. Joseph, Mo. Museum.  The place is rather large(5200 sq ft, 21 rooms,14 foot ceilings on the first floor, 12 foot ceilings on the second) and has had several weddings, births, and deaths within it's walls.  

They have experienced dozens of strange occurrences over the years.  Mostly, they have been little things like lights turning on a few seconds after they have turned them off.  The quaint thing about the lights is the switches are the old two button push button type that make an audible click when you push the button.  Click as you turn off the light, and then click about 10 seconds later when you are 20 feet away from the switch.

When my son was 2 months old, we were visiting my cousin and sleeping in one of the upstairs rooms.  My son woke up at 2am, so I hurried downstairs to the kitchen to warm up a bottle of formula.  As I passed through the downstairs library, I noticed the aroma and sounds of bacon and eggs frying and wondered who was cooking at that hour...in the adjacent study.  The kitchen was still 40 feet away through the dinning room.  As soon as I turned on the lights in the study, the aroma and sounds stopped.  My cousins bedroom is on the opposite side of the library from the study.  She heard me turn on the lights and came out to let me know it was OK and that she and her husband had the same experience on several occasions.  Many years ago the study was the kitchen.

Her husband is a big guy(310 lbs) and works late nights.  He came home at about 9am on a weekday.  My cousin was at work and both of their kids were in Jr. High school at the time.  Tom lays down to go to sleep on their king size water bed with their miniature dachshund.  Just as Tom was about to drift off to sleep, the dog stands up on the bed growling, and Tom hears running footsteps in the library heading toward the bedroom.  Moments later, something invisible hit the side of the water bed with enough force to move the bed and its 310 pound occupant 18 inches across a carpeted floor.  Peanut the dog was thrown out of the bed from the impact.

I asked Tom what he did next.  He said he started to get his .45, but then realized he couldn't shoot or out run whatever it was, so he picked up the visibly shaken dog and went back to sleep.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
that last one (boucing light balls) reminds me of a ghost story i heard at Philmont in Cimmeron, NM (BSA High Adventure backpacking camp). the story goes two scouts were asleep in the 2man tent, one wakes up. unable to move and sees a blue ball of light hovering above him, he tries to wake his friend up by calling to him, shortly he starts yelling. his friend doesnt wake up. the first scount falls unconsious. the second scout wakes up and has the same feelings / reactions. the cycle repeats all night. then the sun comes up and the boys wake up. feeling very tired like they hadnt slept at all. they feel embarrased but ask one of the staff of that area. apparantly the area had been sacred land to indians long time ago.

--Story over--

a friend and i bunked in his tent he was somewhat worried. i dont think it helped.. or mabey it did. he had a blue flashlight.. so i held it up shined mine oh it and said "beware the blue light.. wwwwwwwoooooooo" told me not to do that... hehe.. im bad.  no blue lights happened that night. *shrugs* at night sometimes i swear someone is walking around in my room. ive chalked it off to imagination and needing sleep, because ive heard it at every place iv lived.
View Quote

philmont rules
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:24:04 PM EDT
[#48]
NOVA5,

I have seen the blue lights of Uracca Mesa.  Slept in a hammock at the base of the mesa as did the rest of my crew, (I was crew leader).
Woke up in the night to see blue flashes comming from the edge of the rock.  Some say that was the reason the B-25 Mitchell crashed there in 1947 over on trail peak.  

Been to Philmont for four treks and have never found a ranger willing to spend the night on top of that mesa.  Uracca means blackbird, which is what the local native Americans belived your soul became after death.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well acouple hours of sound sleeping, I woke up. I was asleep on my belly, with my head turned facing a window (with a blanket infront of it). Now the weird part was when I woke up, I couldn't move! No matter how hard I tried, the only thing I could do was open my eyes and blink. This was definately NOT COOL!
View Quote

This is a symptom of a common sleep problem, related to sleep apnea.  The mind partially wakes up, but your body is still in a sleep mode which freezes your muscles -- the same mode that prevents most people from thrashing around during their dreams.

The "awake, unable to move, sinister presence in room" happens to me every couple of weeks.  It was scaring the crap out of me.  Once I learned that it was a frequently-experienced and well-known problem, I now know that I'm really asleep and that there's no danger -- and the awareness that I'm stuck in that mode instantly causes me to wake up for real.  No more worries.

Ask your doctor about it if it happens to you a lot, especially since sleep apnea, which apparently goes hand-in-hand with this one, can cause other medical problems.

As for you all having the same dream, talk with your friends and make sure they weren't putting you on just to make the other guy feel better.  Back in college, we played with a Ouija board one night and scared the crap out of some girl who believed in that stuff.  After a couple of weeks, one of the guys in the group told me that he and two of the others "conspired" to move the pointer around.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 11:39:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
NOVA5,

I have seen the blue lights of Uracca Mesa.  Slept in a hammock at the base of the mesa as did the rest of my crew, (I was crew leader).
Woke up in the night to see blue flashes comming from the edge of the rock.  Some say that was the reason the B-25 Mitchell crashed there in 1947 over on trail peak.  

Been to Philmont for four treks and have never found a ranger willing to spend the night on top of that mesa.  Uracca means blackbird, which is what the local native Americans belived your soul became after death.

Just my .02
View Quote

was gonna say something about uracca mesa earlier, but didnt...the one i heard was some guys went to sleep on it and woke up in completely different area/positions from where they started...or somethign like that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top