Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2002 5:38:21 PM EDT
I need a pair of work boots and the desert boots seem the why to go.I've seen altma and wellco web sites,and the boots look the same,both "mil-spec".The wellco's are $60.00 and the altma's are $90.00.Any difference? also,do they run large like jungle boots? Do I need a 1/2 size smaller?
Thank's!
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Desert boots and their brethren, jungle boots, have plastic soles. Your feet are going to be killing you after a few hours standing on concrete.
Just consider this food for thought.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Desert boots and their brethren, jungle boots, have plastic soles.
View Quote

None of my issued DCU boots have plastic in the soles.
Link Posted: 4/12/2002 2:26:09 AM EDT
[#3]
If you walk on cement all day, buy some other type of boot. I'm a aircraft mechanic and wore my Desert Storm issue boots to work one summer. After 3 months of walking on the ramp all day I wore out the soles. At 60 to 90 bucks a pop, I'd find something more comfortable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top