Has one of the ugliest stocks ever.
(could I cut off that arc part?)

Worth purchasing?  
Any of you have experience with it?

[url]http://www.crossfirellc.com/[/url]

[img]http://www.crossfirellc.com/images/Entry-2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]
i havnt had experiance with it, but i dont think it could work so well. i dont see it being vary usefull. i think it costs about the same as a pre ban AR. i dont know a whole lot about it, but you CAN cut off that gay ark. its not semi, so you can have as many pistol grips, as well as flash supressors, bayo lugs, and folding stocks as you like.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I would only consider one if they were less than half thier current going rate.  Aren't they selling for something like $1800?  For a pump?

nope.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#3]

1.)  Removable 4-round shotgun magazine 2.)  Single trigger and fire control selector
3.) Picatinny rail
4.) Choke tubes
5.) Accessory rail
6.) Composite stock and forearm
7.) AR-25 style 5-round magazine
View Quote

Take a look at number 7. This was copied from their site.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I saw that.  I have no idea what an "AR-25" is, but elsewhere the site mentions any AR15/M-16 magazine should work.

Hmm... Pump action with a Beta-C...

I think the detatchable shotgun mag tube is on the top of the stock.  Odd, yet also alluring...
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking about getting one of these for my "all-purpose emergancy veterinary mobile" (aka Ernie) gun. The sheriff got one for T & E and didn't think much of it, so I borrowed it from him for a while. I carry a M1A still (along with my cool dart gun---everyone should have one of those). They are one of those guns that seems like it would be a hell of a good idea, but turns out they are not. Heavy, bulky, like carrying around a 2x6. I didn't like it anyway. Just my humble opinion
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:21:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:41:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yup looks too heavy. I had a great .410 .22 over under single shot when I was a kid, too bad I can't think of anyone who makes something like that now for a casual general purpose gun, maybe a .30-30 + 20 gauge. I guess a shotgun with slugs would be similar in function tho.

By the by-wouldn't know where a guy could pick up one of those darts guns wouldja...
View Quote

Oh Yeah! I remember those, mine was a savage .22 over 20gauge-- those things were great.  I must have packed that thing a million miles.  One of the firearms I really regret getting rid of.  

As for the dart guns, you can get them online at:

[URL]http://www.pneudart.com/[/URL]
[URL]http://www.texasboars.com/mall/wileys/guns.html[/URL]--they have (had) some good stuff on handling animal, don't know if it is on there anylonger

or generally any veterinary supply company and alot of farm/ranch supply companies.  Getting the guns is easy, the trick is convincing your local vet that you need some Rompun or Sucostrin.  Ususally, I will aprove of a 250ml bottle to people who need to move deer, pigs, want to tag some animals or some want to get rid of some wild critters that are a little too friendly and don't want to kill them.  I make them sit through a little lecture on how to handle the animal when darted, etc... about five minutes worth.  The are pretty neat, CO2 or .22blank operated--CO2 for quiteness, less range.  About 2cc of Rompun or Sucostrin will take down a 200lb animal in a second or two.  You can also use Therozine (sp?) which is harder to get because it is approved for human use--but it is pretty much all the same.  Just know your dosages and how to handle the critter, really a no-brainer.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 9:59:00 AM EDT
[#9]
i didn't read all the other posts regarding this gun, so i hope i'm not repeating something.

my brothers & sister bought this gun for my step dad a couple years back. he ammediately experienced problems with it. this was even before firing it! turns out that he had an early one, being like under the 450th ones made. apparently their were numerous complaints made regarding the same issues on the early ones.

crossfire was quite cool about getting him set up with a newer one. no problems after that.

hope that helps.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hey thanks!  My girlfriend is a doctor (edited to add-specialzing in homo sapiens-no offense Doc), but when I ask for useful information, like how to knock people out and what bullets cause the nastiest wounds and other neat stuff she just rolls her eyes and clams up.

You're a real valuable addition around here!!!
View Quote

Ahh, yes. Those humans need some docterin' too.  My girlfriend (vet student) is the same way, always thinking I have some alterior motive to my madness.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top