Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2002 5:27:48 PM EDT
Hi.  I'm a newbie.

I've been lurking for at least 6 months, and finally decided to jump in the fray.

...and before it gets brought up, I'm not related to Imbroglio, and I'm not female.

So, um.  Yeah.  It's nice being here.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#1]
[:K]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
welcome aboard. So, how do you feel about the French?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Hello the_reject,

I am a newbie too!
Welcome aboard!!! [:D][:D]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[:K]
View Quote

I'm certainly hoping that you are in jest, because that's a helluva way to say "hi" to someone you've never met.

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Howdy Reject, Welcome to the AR world. Are you fortunate to own at least one yet?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi.  I'm a newbie.

I've been lurking for at least 6 months, and finally decided to jump in the fray.

...and before it gets brought up, I'm not related to Imbroglio, and I'm not female.

So, um.  Yeah.  It's nice being here.
View Quote

You're not working on building a gyrojet, are you???
View Quote

also, how do you feel about carrots? and are you a fan of the 10mm cartridge?[;)]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

As in the dirty smelly frogs, or in the Monty Python and the Holy Grail sense?  [;)]

Either way, they are kinda funny...
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hello the_reject,

I am a newbie too!
Welcome aboard!!! [:D][:D]
View Quote

Welcome aboard to you, too, then!  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome to the site. You too Bushmastershorty!

[beer]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You're not working on building a gyrojet, are you???

Just kidding glad to have you [8D]
View Quote

[b][/b]Actually, funny that you mentioned it, I had even developed a prototype that ran off of bananas and Windex, but these government spaceweasels arrived in their black helicopters, zapped me with their positronic ray guns, and made off with it and all my research papers.  Fortunately I still have a compelte set writeen on old gum wrappers.[b][/b]

[BD]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

As in the dirty smelly frogs, or in the Monty Python and the Holy Grail sense?  [;)]

View Quote

Correct on both counts. Allright, you can come in. Somebody measure his head for a tinfoil hat.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome Reject.  Kick off yer shoes, grab a beer and stay a while.  Dinner will be ready in 20 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Howdy Reject, Welcome to the AR world. Are you fortunate to own at least one yet?
View Quote

I wish...  I have a friend who has a bushy shorty with the AK break, and my fiancé's father has a bushy as well that he built up over many years - it's a real dream to shoot.

I'm working on it, though.  I at least know what I want, so I can try to minimize the accessorizing after the purchase.

My fiancé has a Ruger 10/22 that we just bought about 6 weeks ago, and a little bolt action .22 w/ scope that she loves dearly.

Me?  I just got me old trusty 12 gauge SxS coach gun for now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Correct on both counts. Allright, you can come in. Somebody measure his head for a tinfoil hat.
View Quote

w00t!  I passed the entrance exam!

Thanks, but I brought my own.  [peep]

Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#16]
also, how do you feel about carrots? and are you a fan of the 10mm cartridge?[;)]
View Quote

Heh.  Unfortunately this joke is older than my lurking is.  Doh!  What to say, what to say...

Not big on carrots, actually...

Not really all that concerned with the 10mm cartridge - two hollowpoint slugs out of my double barrel boomstick ought to suffice just nicely.  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Welcome Reject.  Kick off yer shoes, grab a beer and stay a while.  Dinner will be ready in 20 minutes.
View Quote

[beer]

Damn, I knew I should have brought more Sam Adams Boston lager with me...

Don't trouble yourself with dinner, though..  I had a nice dinner of leftover barbecue ribs.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:02:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a Gyrojet and the French don't like it!
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#19]
"McReject"...Hmmmmm.....
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He does that to all the newbies.  That way he might be right sometime[:)]

Welcome aboard!  And I should mention that a friend of mine that works for a government agency best left unnamed.  One night he was pretty drunk and let slip some kind of "gyro" that used banana peels, but he specifically mentioned "formula 409".  He was slurring a lot so I didn't catch it all, but I think he also said "the key is the pickled peach pits".  Hope this helps you out...
View Quote

Well, I guess some people feel the need to be right at least once or twice a year or so.

No no!  It was a [b]working[/b] prototype!  Formula 409 and pickled peach pits do nothing but create a horrible stench of hydrogen sulfide when driven through the flux capacitor!  [puke]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Welcome aboard.
What part of GA are you from?

ARH
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Hi the_reject!

[>:/]

Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Welcome aboard.
What part of GA are you from?

ARH
View Quote

Suwanee, about half an hour northeast of ATL.  You?

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Hi the_reject I'm EDPMEDIC and also new...Do you yse Tinfoil and eat Squid raw? Do you have conversations wit aunts, Do you own any weapons we could talk about. Nice of you to spend time with these humble people.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 6:39:02 PM EDT
[#26]
the_reject:
My fiancé...  
View Quote

Welcome, reject! [:D]

[i]If your fiancé is a blond bombshell - then Welcome Back![/i] [;D]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#27]
welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 7:17:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Suwanee, about half an hour northeast of ATL. You?

the_reject

Atlanta. I shoot at River Bend, how about you?

ARH
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:12:29 PM EDT
[#30]

w00t!
View Quote

What server do you play on?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:17:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hi the_reject I'm EDPMEDIC and also new...Do you yse Tinfoil and eat Squid raw? Do you have conversations wit aunts, Do you own any weapons we could talk about. Nice of you to spend time with these humble people.
View Quote

No tinfoil at home, and I have eaten squid raw once before.  I prefer it deep fried with marinara, though.  [;)]

Haven't spoken to my aunt in years, actually...

Other than the 2 .22s and the 12Ga coach gun that I mentioned earlier, that's about it.  Give me a few months, and I'm certain that an AR will be joining them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:19:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Welcome, reject! [:D]

[i]If your fiancé is a blond bombshell - then Welcome Back![/i] [;D]
View Quote

Thanks, 1.

Smartass, she's not a blonde, she's a brunette pretending to be raven-haired.  Still, though...  [sex]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:26:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Atlanta. I shoot at River Bend, how about you?

ARH
View Quote

Actually, I'm pretty new to the area, so I don't know of that many places around here to shoot.  I mainly go to Georgia Range and Guns here in Duluth.  They are pretty shotgun-friendly - to an extent.

They allow birdshot and buckshot on the pistol ranges, if you can handle the disdain of the pistol shooters every time your "cannon" goes off.  They only allow slugs on the rifle ranges.  My shoulder thanks them immensely for that, as do all the hunters coming in sighting in new scopes.  If I had a dollar for every time my 12Ga scared the bejeezus out of some guy, causing him to flinch his trigger finger, well, I'd have an AR by now.  [:D]

Every once in a while we head down to the Columbus area where my fiancé's parents live.  They own a decent-sized plot of land, so we get to shoot longer distances and not be cooped up in a lane.

Where is River Bend?  They got a website?

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:29:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hey, it was him, not me...  What do you expect the government to do with it besides screw it up?  [whacko]
View Quote

They are probably going to use the gyrojet in the ongoing wars with the flying monkeys.  I have noticed that since the JBTs stole my prototype, I'm no longer being harrassed my the interstellar galactic flying monkey brigade (that's IGFMB for short).

Think maybe it's because I was using bananas as a fuel?

[:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:31:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

w00t!
View Quote

What server do you play on?
View Quote

Heh, I've no time for games...  I get to play WITH servers, not ON them.  [:D]

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:32:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

How is that for a welcome?
View Quote

I'd say that's getting me drunk 2.5 times!

[beer]

Thanks for the welcome!

the_reject
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:53:50 AM EDT
[#38]
the_reject.  Check out this link.

http://www.rbgc.org

ARH                
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:57:36 PM EDT
[#39]
What are you a reject from, Soul Train?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Was that deep fried with marrawana?  welcome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top