Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2002 10:49:29 PM EDT
Machine gun shoot is this weekend.  Who's going?  I checked the weather and its supposed to be in the 70's saturday and sunny.  I'm there saturday.   [8d]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 7:01:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there Friday. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 7:19:46 AM EDT
[#2]
looks like i'll be going too (first time).

question:

i'll be driving from michigan, should i be concerned about driving across state lines with my AR's?
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 3:15:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

question:

i'll be driving from michigan, should i be concerned about driving across state lines with my AR's?
View Quote

[?]   [?]    [?]    [?]
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 5:04:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going Friday...bringing a crowd of newbies with me too.
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 6:03:30 AM EDT
[#5]

question:

View Quote
Just a bit of advice.  Unless you are going to shoot in the matches on Friday, I would refrain from taking any guns to shoot.  The lower range is open on Saturday and Sunday and it is a bit expensive to shoot.  That place is pretty big as well, so be prepared to carry your stuff.  The lower range is probably 3/4 of a mile from the parking lot, so it’s a good walk.  There is nowhere to store your stuff inside, so you will have to carry it.  Also, that place gets extremely crowded, especially on Saturday.  Walking through the gun show can be very frustrating.  The isles are small and there are tons of people.  I always tell people it is a good idea to bring water and snacks.  It can and does get cold there in the evening, so a lightweight removable coat or jacket is a good idea as well.  A backpack is also a good idea if you plan on buying anything or carrying stuff around.

If you do not plan on shooting at the events, it’s probably not worth taking anything down there.  Cameras are allowed, but video cameras require a $5 or $15 pass, can't remember which.

There are usually some killer deals on ammo there.  Kentucky has a law that they will not sell guns to people who do not live in a state that physically borders Kentucky.

Bring good ear protection, and take the helicopter ride.

So to answer the original question, yes you can bring your rifles.  Put them in a case with a lock and bring them down.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top