Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2010 7:21:05 PM EDT
WIfe and I pull in after dinner and see one of our friends in the yard apparently waiting for us.
Guess what?  We got this new exciting business called world ventures. It is a travel pyramid/MLM thing apparently.
You pay monthly fee and a one time fee and you get your own travel biz etc.

Wasted an hour of my time on that shit as I was too nice to toss em out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#1]
after about 5 minutes, you look him in the face and say, " you still talking?". then walk away.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that's some bullshit.  I bet those retards own a timeshare too.

However, let me tell you about a genuine opportunity to own your own business.  You, too, can sell Amway.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I fucking despise MLM trolls.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

WIfe and I pull in after dinner and see one of our friends in the yard apparently waiting for us.

Guess what?  We got this new exciting business called world ventures. It is a travel pyramid/MLM thing apparently.

You pay monthly fee and a one time fee and you get your own travel biz etc.

Wasted an hour of my time on that shit as I was too nice to toss em out.

They depend on that.

Any "friend" that pulls that shit needs to be booted to the curb.

They are basically telling you that you are stupid, they can take your money, and you should be happy to give it to them.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Had this pulled on me once.  Friend offered to set me up with a businessman who, due to his obfuscation of the truth, supposedly needed some computer work done, or could direct me to some.  I'm convinced this friend even switched out the meeting place at the last minute to keep me on my toes.  I walk into this food court and a guy I've never met, never even seen before walks up and extends his hand.  "Hi JaredGrey, I'm..."  Yeah, I felt a little froggy about that.

Starts talking to me about Amway shit, explicitly states multiple times that it's not a pyramid scheme no matter what anyone else says...and then shows me a picture of their marketing/management/whatever tree.  Perfect pyramid.

I don't think I ever returned that friend's emails again.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I went to the dentist once, years and years ago, he is asking me these questions which are strange. Started out just conversation.
"So, where do you live?". North Miami Beach.  "You renting or is it your own place?'. Got a mortgage.
"What do you do for a living". I am a ER nurse.  You profiling me doc?
"No, you just seem like a bright guy and I am making money on the side and if you are interested I could tell you about it".
WTF!!!! He was doing AMWAY!! I never went back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top